MERGED - New Cancellations/Changes Announced for QM2 2nd September

Gretchendz

Cunard just announced:

While we are keen to welcome back Queen Mary 2® in November, we have decided that having been out of service for over 18 months, we would like our flagship's initial few voyages to sail closer to home. Also, to comply with the latest regulatory requirements, when ships first re-enter North American waters they will undergo inspections by authorities.

This means that we will be making the following changes to Queen Mary 2’s published itineraries and voyages:

♦ Sailings departing from November 14, 2021 up to and including December 10, 2021 (voyage
  numbers M139D, M139E, M139F, M140, M140A, M141, M141A and M142) will be canceled.

♦ Sailing to New York due to depart on December 15 (voyage number M143) will now depart on
  December 13. The voyage will be extended by 2 nights at no additional cost to your clients. Guests
  will now have an extended time in New York, with the ship arriving on December 20, staying berthed
  overnight on December 20 and 21, with disembarkation on December 22 as planned.

♦ Sailings from London to the Caribbean via New York departing on December 15 (voyage numbers
  M143A and M143B) will now depart on December 13. The voyage will be extended by 2 nights at no
  additional cost to your clients. Following these two additional nights in New York, the itinerary will
  continue as scheduled, departing for the Caribbean on December 22.

• Gretchendz changed the title to New Cancellations/Changes Announced for QM2
  • Host Hattie changed the title to New Cancellations/Changes Announced for QM2 2nd September
  • Host Hattie pinned this topic

I was wondering if Cunard was going to cancel QM2’s North American debut and I wonder if there will be more?  To my knowledge any passenger ship entering the North America market for the first time is subject to a 14 day quarantine.  This is not something new and was already in place when Cunard made the last set of itinerary changes and cancellations.  Perhaps they just thought the requirement would go away?  Not likely considering the current state of Covid in the US.  I know Royal Caribbean canceled some sailings on ships they brought over from Europe to meet the 14 day quarantine requirement.  Will be interesting to see what happens. QM2 is rather unique as although she will enter North America she is not really a North America based ship.  That might pose some challenges for transatlantic crossings.  

Just had a call from our TA to tell us that this cruise has been extended by 2 days, we now leave Southampton on the 13th December arrive New York on the 20th. Leaving on the 22nd as scheduled, due to ship inspections for entry into North American waters. Do not know if we can get off for the 2 days in NYC.

• Like 1

Changes to Queen Mary 2’s 2021 itineraries.

Whilst we look forward to Queen Mary 2 returning to sailing in November, we have decided that having been out of service for over 18 months, we would like the initial few voyages to be closer to home.

This means that we will be making changes to her published itineraries and the first four scheduled voyages planned to depart between 14 November and 10 December 2021 will now be cancelled. We will be introducing two new roundtrip voyages that will depart from Southampton to replace the original schedule.

In addition, to comply with the latest regulatory requirements, when ships first re-enter North American waters they will undergo inspections by authorities. To allow time for these inspections, Queen Mary 2’s first Transatlantic Crossing will therefore now depart two days earlier than scheduled on 13 December. Guests booked on this crossing will have their holiday extended by two nights and will remain in the stateroom or suite originally requested, at no additional cost to the booking.

Queen Mary 2 will arrive in New York on December 20, before continuing with her scheduled itineraries, sailing to the Caribbean on 22 December.

I like the added days at no charge but do not want to be hostage at the brooklyn terminal. not sure what to make of this.

To comply with the latest regulatory requirements, when ships first re-enter North American waters they will undergo inspections by authorities. As she comes back into service, Queen Mary 2's first Transatlantic Crossing is the one that you are booked on. To allow time for these inspections, the sailing will now depart two days earlier than scheduled on December 13, 2021. This means that your holiday now becomes two nights longer, at no additional cost to your booking.

You will now have an extended time in New York, with the ship arriving on December 20, 2021, staying berthed overnight on December 20 and 21, with disembarkation on December 22 as planned. Whilst there, we'll be offering a full programme of organised and vetted shore experiences allowing you the opportunity to explore the city. In addition, we are hopeful that come November it will also be possible to go ashore independently.

2 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

Changes to Queen Mary 2’s 2021 itineraries.

Whilst we look forward to Queen Mary 2 returning to sailing in November, we have decided that having been out of service for over 18 months, we would like the initial few voyages to be closer to home.

This means that we will be making changes to her published itineraries and the first four scheduled voyages planned to depart between 14 November and 10 December 2021 will now be cancelled. We will be introducing two new roundtrip voyages that will depart from Southampton to replace the original schedule.

In addition, to comply with the latest regulatory requirements, when ships first re-enter North American waters they will undergo inspections by authorities. To allow time for these inspections, Queen Mary 2’s first Transatlantic Crossing will therefore now depart two days earlier than scheduled on 13 December. Guests booked on this crossing will have their holiday extended by two nights and will remain in the stateroom or suite originally requested, at no additional cost to the booking.

Queen Mary 2 will arrive in New York on December 20, before continuing with her scheduled itineraries, sailing to the Caribbean on 22 December.

Finally found that now thank you. Our travel agency has not been in contact and I do not think they will be either they will try to keep the money if they can.

Are guest AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFERRED onto one of these new sailings? That is not what I want.

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Are guest AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFERRED onto one of these new sailings? That is not what I want.

I don't think so. As I read it, those on any of the voyages with a December 15th departure date will automatically have their departure moved forward two days to December 13th at no extra charge. Those that can't make that new departure date can request a refund. That's the only change that's being done automatically as I see it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Finally found that now thank you. Our travel agency has not been in contact and I do not think they will be either they will try to keep the money if they can.

No, I don’t believe there’s an Automatic Transfer. What cruise would they transfer you to if there are more than one replacement cruises. Not like the QV cruises who were transferred/ merged with QE cruises.🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluemarble said:

I don't think so. As I read it, those on any of the voyages with a December 15th departure date will automatically have their departure moved forward two days to December 13th at no extra charge. Those that can't make that new departure date can request a refund. That's the only change that's being done automatically as I see it.

I think ACE is looking at replacement/transfer for the November 14th. cruise.

I have checked My Cunard and the extra days are on there, it says updating shore excursions so hopefully we can get off it is for ships inspections

Please bear with us while we add the final touches to your shore experiences. 

Our team of destination experts is currently finalising the shore experiences for this destination, so you can enjoy the very latest and best options available in this port. Please check back with us soon for availability.

Just now, turnip eater said:

I think ACE is looking at replacement/transfer for the November 14th. cruise.

Correct. Sorry if my reply wasn't clear. I meant it to indicate only the December 15th cruise was being automatically changed (to a December 13th departure). Nothing is being done to automatically transfer anyone on the QM2 voyages that are being cancelled (from November 14th through December 10).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

No, I don’t believe there’s an Automatic Transfer. What cruise would they transfer you to if there are more than one replacement cruises. Not like the QV cruises who were transferred/ merged with QE cruises.🤔

I will ring my agency tomorrow and see what the score is. I shall be settling for nothing less than a refund to cash money not FCC.

8 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Correct. Sorry if my reply wasn't clear. I meant it to indicate only the December 15th cruise was being automatically changed (to a December 13th departure). Nothing is being done to automatically transfer anyone on the QM2 voyages that are being cancelled (from November 14th through December 10).

I understand now, I think we are both leapfrogging over each other’s replies, plus there’s two topics on the subject. 
Oh what joy.😳

• Like 1