"Mighty Cruise Ships"

JillK

Noticed a promo yesterday that the show "Mighty Cruise Ships" started airing its new season last week.

It runs at 10:00 pm Thursdays on Discovery. 

Have to admit I'm curious about when they would have filmed it.... assume 2019? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JillK said:

Noticed a promo yesterday that the show "Mighty Cruise Ships" started airing its new season last week.

It runs at 10:00 pm Thursdays on Discovery. 

Have to admit I'm curious about when they would have filmed it.... assume 2019? 

Our last cruise was on the Sky Princess (Feb to March 2020). There was a film crew from Mighty Cruise Ships on during our first week ...  will have to watch and see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cnd crsr said:

Our last cruise was on the Sky Princess (Feb to March 2020). There was a film crew from Mighty Cruise Ships on during our first week ...  will have to watch and see.

Ooooo wouldn't it be fun to spot yourselves in the background! 

• Like 1

We have the old series on PVR and set up to record the new series. We did this because at the time  we said it may be our cruising from now on. Unfortunately with the CDC rules on mixed vaccines, it could be true. Nevertheless, we do have 5 cruises booked for 2022. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Nikki

8 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I saw the show.  The AIDA NOVA is not a ship I'd go on.  I hope the series will have  a HAL ship.

Believe a HAL ship is on next week and the Sky Princess is a couple of weeks from now.

• Thanks 1

This has already aired previously (assume in US) in 2020/21.  When I first seen the promo for Canadian viewing I looked up to see what the ships would be ... here you go.   Agree with 'Sue from Canada' that AIDnova does not interest me at all and it even 'watched' boring to me, still interesting to see what's out there and it fills the gap on missing cruising right now.  Others to come look good, the  NCL Joy I believe is an Alaska sailing.

Season 4.PNG

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, poffles said:

This has already aired previously (assume in US) in 2020/21.  When I first seen the promo for Canadian viewing I looked up to see what the ships would be ... here you go.   Agree with 'Sue from Canada' that AIDnova does not interest me at all and it even 'watched' boring to me, still interesting to see what's out there and it fills the gap on missing cruising right now.  Others to come look good, the  NCL Joy I believe is an Alaska sailing.

Season 4.PNG

Thanks for giving us the schedule poffles. I forgot to tune in or record last night but will set up to record the rest.

We were on the Sky when they were filming ... will have to see if  we made the finished cut! LOL.

• Like 2

Ooops my bad ... I spoke of the wrong ship that I would not sail, it's Seven Seas Explorer that didn't interest me ... the first episode.  I have yet to watch yesterdays AIDnova episode.

Edited by poffles

1 minute ago, cnd crsr said:

Thanks for giving us the schedule poffles. I forgot to tune in or record last night but will set up to record the rest.

We were on the Sky when they were filming ... will have to see if  we made the finished cut! LOL.

Welcome, that would be fun to watch if you were on the sailing.  Will give a different spin on the show for sure.  If you have On Demand it would likely be there, I have it recorded but I have Bell and it shows up in the On Demand Discovery channel too. 

I have the bell fibe set up to record the series . I always watch the recorded version so i can skip the commercials . I find usually hitting the fast forward button 6 times is about right. 3 minutes of commercials goes by very fast.

• Like 3

I find it frustrating when the shows air in the US and then not here. Why are they not simulcast? 

I used to love watching the show "Mayday" (also on Discovery) and according to Wiki they have aired two full seasons in the States that they have not shown here and I cannot get any info on if they will ever air here... Especially strange since it is a Canadian series.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, loman said:

I have the bell fibe set up to record the series . I always watch the recorded version so i can skip the commercials . I find usually hitting the fast forward button 6 times is about right. 3 minutes of commercials goes by very fast.

Sounds like me!  I have it down to a science how many times to forward (30 seconds a jump) especially for programs that actually say 'be back in x minutes' LOL.  I think I might watch too much TV 😜

22 hours ago, JillK said:

I find it frustrating when the shows air in the US and then not here. Why are they not simulcast? 

I used to love watching the show "Mayday" (also on Discovery) and according to Wiki they have aired two full seasons in the States that they have not shown here and I cannot get any info on if they will ever air here... Especially strange since it is a Canadian series.

Another one that just started is the Disasters at Sea, I find this show similarly interesting to Mayday in how they trace back the cause(s) to such terrible events so that they can learn from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poffles said:

Another one that just started is the Disasters at Sea, I find this show similarly interesting to Mayday in how they trace back the cause(s) to such terrible events so that they can learn from them.

Agreed! I have been enjoying that show too.

Hubby always asks me why I want to watch those type of shows... I tell him it's not to see the disaster but rather how the investigators are able to figure out what happened and what changes came from them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Just watched the Diamond Princess episode the other day. I thought the AIDA Nova looked pretty cool. Always so interesting to see how things run behind the scenes. 

My husband sucks at PVRing things. We missed the first two episodes. My son and I are watching Diamond Princess right now.

My son is telling me all about the mechanics of the ship. I just keep saying "ooo yes that needs to go on my list".

Just need to win the lottery 🙂

Mighty Cruise Ships is a Canadian production. It airs in the UK first (not sure why not Canada). I watch all these last year on Sky network I believe, I used VPN software with a UK IP Address. The US doesn't get this until after it airs in Canada.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, K_e_short said:

My husband sucks at PVRing things. We missed the first two episodes. My son and I are watching Diamond Princess right now.

My son is telling me all about the mechanics of the ship. I just keep saying "ooo yes that needs to go on my list".

Just need to win the lottery 🙂

I also missed the first two episodes  but was able to see them using Shaw on Demand (in my case).  Actually much nicer to watch them that way as one doesn't have to skip commercials!  Try using whatever "Demand" service is in your area.

• Like 1