Off Terminal Parking in MIAMI-Post Covid

cruisebug722

Anyone use any of the off terminal parking sites while jumping on a cruise in Miami - Post Covid.  It appears the place I had used for many  years is now out of business.  I know terminal parking is usually always available but previously had taken some longer cruises and at $22 a day it can become quite pricey.  Would love to hear if anyone has recently used a site and your comments.  Thanks in advance.

Anyone use any of the off terminal parking sites while jumping on a cruise in Miami - Post Covid.  It appears the place I had used for many  years is now out of business.  I know terminal parking is usually always available but previously had taken some longer cruises and at $22 a day it can become quite pricey.  Would love to hear if anyone has recently used a site and your comments.  Thanks in advance.

25 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Since you are already located in FLA, why not leave your car at home, use 2 one-way car rentals, and not worry about parking and the associated costs? Worth a look.

Have you seen the price of rental cars? That's what we usually do, but not practical this time.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

12 hours ago, capriccio said:

Check out (if you haven't already) these recent threads:

Thanks for mentioning these.  I had read them prior to asking my question and just like this one is going- people are offering more comments and advice and not actual information about definite off site parking sites.  Maybe my answer is: post covid all went out of business.

5 minutes ago, cruisebug722 said:

Maybe my answer is: post covid all went out of business.

That's a distinct possibility.  If so, I'm sure they will eventually be replaced but not until demand reaches pre-covid levels.  There are so few ships sailing out of Miami right now (between covid and it being low season) that it would be hard for off-site operations to make much money.  The demand just isn't there.

9 minutes ago, cruisebug722 said:

Thanks for mentioning these.  I had read them prior to asking my question and just like this one is going- people are offering more comments and advice and not actual information about definite off site parking sites.  Maybe my answer is: post covid all went out of business.

I've used Premier Cruise Parking for years, and believe they are still operating.

55 minutes ago, capriccio said:

That's a distinct possibility.  If so, I'm sure they will eventually be replaced but not until demand reaches pre-covid levels.  There are so few ships sailing out of Miami right now (between covid and it being low season) that it would be hard for off-site operations to make much money.  The demand just isn't there.

How sad but true.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:14 PM, Native Floridian 26 said:

I've used Premier Cruise Parking for years, and believe they are still operating.

Yes, they are back up and running - spoke with them today and if you book by phone the price is even cheaper than booking online.  Anxious to try as I have three trips booked for the end of this year and parking at the terminals can get expensive over time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisebug722 said:

Yes, they are back up and running - spoke with them today and if you book by phone the price is even cheaper than booking online.  Anxious to try as I have three trips booked for the end of this year and parking at the terminals can get expensive over time.

What is the daily rate?

On 9/11/2021 at 9:51 AM, cruisebug722 said:

With taxes etc I only look at the final price not the daily.  I paid 77 even for the entire 7 days vs 82.95 posted on the web site.

So this is premiere parking.   I liked their reviews, however, I saw their first shuttle doesn't leave for the port until 11.   My NCL wellness check has me checking in at 10-10:30.    Maybe I should call and see how accurate that is.  I would assume they would be picking up passengers still at 9.   

39 minutes ago, Trekker954 said:

So this is premiere parking.   I liked their reviews, however, I saw their first shuttle doesn't leave for the port until 11.   My NCL wellness check has me checking in at 10-10:30.    Maybe I should call and see how accurate that is.  I would assume they would be picking up passengers still at 9.   

You can ask them, but they probably have that time so they can finish with disembarking pax before starting with embarking pax. They would probably accommodate you however.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from parking for 7 nights at Premier Parking.  Very easy to find off of 95 South.  Smooth operations to self park in covered parking.  Van to the ship just getting ready to leave when I arrived so no wait (otherwise might have been 20 to 30 minutes- probably only one van at times dues to lack of customers).  Close to the piers.  Pick up wait time maybe 10 minutes.  Smooth back to the parking terminal and exiting.  Easy back on to 95 North.  Will use them again in October.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cruisebug722 said:

Just got back from parking for 7 nights at Premier Parking.  Very easy to find off of 95 South.  Smooth operations to self park in covered parking.  Van to the ship just getting ready to leave when I arrived so no wait (otherwise might have been 20 to 30 minutes- probably only one van at times dues to lack of customers).  Close to the piers.  Pick up wait time maybe 10 minutes.  Smooth back to the parking terminal and exiting.  Easy back on to 95 North.  Will use them again in October.

Thanks for the update.  Will be using them at this new location in December.

• 1 month later...

For anyone keeping track of this posting.  Used Premier again a week ago and entry and transport was smooth.  Pick up after the trip was a bit chaotic as they are not back to full staff and did have to wait a bit for an empty van to arrive but all in all I'll still use them again in December.  Having said that I was on MSC which was the first pick up point - some sailing on other cruise lines may not have feel that as they were continuing passed with full vans.

• Like 1