MSC Divina Change from 3 day to 7 day

Speasda

Has anyone else experienced this?  I booked at 3 day cruise on Divina out of Port Canaveral on 10/28 , but today I got an updgrade offer for a 7 day cruise on Divina leaving on 10/24!  

I called MSC and they confirmed the dates and length have changed and my stateroom is now listed as guarantee.  Yes, it seems great on the surface to get a 7 day cruise for a 3 day price, but not sure I can pull the kids out of school the whole week or get the extra vacation days.  

Anyone else see this  or have more information?

16 hours ago, Speasda said:

Has anyone else experienced this?  I booked at 3 day cruise on Divina out of Port Canaveral on 10/28 , but today I got an updgrade offer for a 7 day cruise on Divina leaving on 10/24!  

I called MSC and they confirmed the dates and length have changed and my stateroom is now listed as guarantee.  Yes, it seems great on the surface to get a 7 day cruise for a 3 day price, but not sure I can pull the kids out of school the whole week or get the extra vacation days.  

Anyone else see this  or have more information?

They cancelled that 3 day cruise I thought, that is why they are offering you the 7.  I inquired about the 3 or 4 night as I have a cruise on the 23rd on Miraviglia and wanted to jump on a prior or post short one since I was in Miami

Sorry

Steve

I’ve never seen that happen before but I just booked the new 10/24 7 nt sailing. It’s still the same price (or lower) than it was when it was a 4 nt. With the Labor Day Sale it’s almost free drinks and WiFi since you get a little OBC. Oh, and no solo supplement either! We’ll see if it’s honored or gets canceled.  If it stays a 7 day cruise I expect the itinerary will change again as I don’t think Grand Cayman is letting cruise ships in yet. I guess we’ll see. 

4 minutes ago, racephoto said:

I’ve never seen that happen before but I just booked the new 10/24 7 nt sailing. It’s still the same price (or lower) than it was when it was a 4 nt. With the Labor Day Sale it’s almost free drinks and WiFi since you get a little OBC. Oh, and no solo supplement either! We’ll see if it’s honored or gets canceled.  If it stays a 7 day cruise I expect the itinerary will change again as I don’t think Grand Cayman is letting cruise ships in yet. I guess we’ll see. 

I too booked it in YC and it's paid in full so if they cancel they have a problem.

I booked on the phone so I expect it to be honored. I gave up a YC cabin on Meraviglia for this.

I expect Costa Maya or Cozumel to replace GC.

Steve

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I too booked it in YC and it's paid in full so if they cancel they have a problem.

I booked on the phone so I expect it to be honored. I gave up a YC cabin on Meraviglia for this.

I expect Costa Maya or Cozumel to replace GC.

Steve

I thought Grand Cayman was a stretch also.  I am not opposed to Costa Maya at all, but Cozumel is over done.  Nassau and Cozumel on the same cruise.  That's two ports I could just stay on the ship....

At least I am not crazy as it seems like they really did change it and yes, the price is very cheap even for new bookings

I had a 4 night out of Barcelona magically turn into a 20 night out of Brazil on a different date.  I had paid roughly $350, so I suppose it wasn't a bad deal if doable, but it wasn't practical to take nearly a month off from work, and we weren't really interested in a Brazilian sailing.  

Interestingly, but not surprisingly, there was never any notification from MSC.  I looked at the booking online before final payment, saw the drastic change, and thought, "What the heck?!".

Edited by Stockjock
  • Haha 3

Something going on with this 10/24 cruise on the website.  I figured something was off about it.  The itinerary and the price were odd.

I did book it yesterday, but today you cannot and I cannot view it in my upcoming cruises.  Hopefully its just being reworked at bit and still exists.

1 minute ago, mlbdude said:

Something going on with this 10/24 cruise on the website.  I figured something was off about it.  The itinerary and the price were odd.

I did book it yesterday, but today you cannot and I cannot view it in my upcoming cruises.  Hopefully its just being reworked at bit and still exists.

Agree; I just tried to book it and cannot through the website.

7 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

I booked yesterday too. I can see my cruise still, but can't add any extras.  I'm guessing someone made a mistake and it's being fixed.  Hopefully they don't cancel us..

• Like 1

I booked this cruise as a 7 night while on the Meraviglia last week.  Even the future cruise person on board was dumfounded by the price.  She double checked the pricing and itinerary several times to make sure.   We got Aurea balcony with internet for 2 and $150 OBC for a little less than $1500.  Seemed like a really good deal.   Hope it stands.   

16 minutes ago, beloum said:

I booked this cruise as a 7 night while on the Meraviglia last week.  Even the future cruise person on board was dumfounded by the price.  She double checked the pricing and itinerary several times to make sure.   We got Aurea balcony with internet for 2 and $150 OBC for a little less than $1500.  Seemed like a really good deal.   Hope it stands.   

We are all paid in full since we are under 60 days to sailing.  I just checked my credit card and the charge is posted not pending.

I wonder how they would handle all the people that booked it?  In my case, I gave up a YC on another sailing for a YC on this one.  I guess they could attempt to put it back by canceling the person who got my old YC cabin if they are able to cancel me on this one.😐

But....OP stated they were offered the 7 at the price of 3 so they are making deals.

STeve

18 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I had a 4 night out of Barcelona magically turn into a 20 night out of Brazil on a different date.  I had paid roughly $350, so I suppose it wasn't a bad deal if doable,

😆     That would have been the cruise bargain of the century if it was "real"! 

18 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

😆     That would have been the cruise bargain of the century if it was "real"! 

It was real.  Had we been able to change the dates and cruise out of Brazil for a 20-night sailing, we would have retained the same oversized balcony cabin for $350.  But it was impractical on multiple fronts, and it would have been nice if they had let us know what was going on.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adian80 said:

Ugh!  It seems as though our cruise has disappeared from the MSC site. Hopefully that's not a bad sign for those of us that are already booked. 

Well they offered those that had the 3 night the 7 for no additional money so let's hope. I don't want to lose.my YC grand suite at the 3 night price.

Steve

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SeaBrz said:

Will Meraviglia be enroute to Port Canaveral that October week? I know she starts sailing from Canaveral in Nov.

The repositioning cruise for the Meraviglia is Nov 20.  We are on that cruise. Departs Miami Nov 20 and arrives Port Canaveral Nov 28.

I wonder if it was taken down because MSC needs to see what staterooms are left after they've combined the 2 sailings?  I can still see the cruise listed in my account, but still can't add any extras like internet/specialty dining.

7 hours ago, phissy said:

It no longer shows as an available cruise to book.  Glad your booking is still showing on your MSC

1 minute ago, Adian80 said:

I wonder if it was taken down because MSC needs to see what staterooms are left after they've combined the 2 sailings?  I can still see the cruise listed in my account, but still can't add any extras like internet/specialty dining.

I think they also need to see where they are going to sail!