MSC Divina Change from 3 day to 7 day

Speasda

14 hours ago, phissy said:

The repositioning cruise for the Meraviglia is Nov 20.  We are on that cruise. Departs Miami Nov 20 and arrives Port Canaveral Nov 28.

Thanks! Lucky you! I can’t wait to sail on her next year.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SeaBrz said:

Thanks! Lucky you! I can’t wait to sail on her next year.

She is a beautiful ship.  We  booked 2 more cruises on her.  After sailing on her in 2019 , we sailed on NCL Bliss and were so let down by the "plain" staircases on NCL .😄

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Just checked my booking and actually all my MSC cruises are missing from "My Cruises" page.

I have 6 booked.

I even tried to re add booking numbers and it threw an error.

So IT is doing something.

Steve

IT is definitely doing something!   

Our cruises are missing also.   We have four booked.  Only glimmer of hope is at top of page. 

[Your next cruise is in 57 days.].  Could not pull up any information.

11 minutes ago, phissy said:

IT is definitely doing something!   

Our cruises are missing also.   We have four booked.  Only glimmer of hope is at top of page. 

[Your next cruise is in 57 days.].  Could not pull up any information.

HI Pat,

Your so right, mine reads "Your next cruise departs in 47 days"

Makes me feel better.🙂

Steve

• Like 1

First log into the site. If you’re already signed in, log out and sign in again. Then try this link. https://www.msccruisesusa.com/my-msc/all-my-cruises
It doesn’t work for me unless I’m already logged in before I visit the link. It shows all three of my bookings, tho I can’t view the details on the 10/24 booking. 

E3A0F827-081E-438C-BBC5-862F5D1725A6.png

Edited by racephoto
Added info and photo

I just saw some additional info for this cruise in one of the roll call groups.  Here's what I posted there.  Anyone know anything more?  My TA is also going to call and ask.

https://salsacruise.com/theship/

I was able to find the link.  There's no mention of needing to be vaccinated when you book through them.  Are they being held to the same COVID standards as everyone else?  Will all the music/entertainment be Salsa? Are there going to be places regular passengers won't be allowed on the ship? According to the link when you go to book this has been in the works since before July 1st 

DEPOSIT: If booked prior to July 1 2021, a deposit of $200.00 per person is due at the time of booking for each person in your stateroom

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

I just saw some additional info for this cruise in one of the roll call groups.  Here's what I posted there.  Anyone know anything more?  My TA is also going to call and ask.

I was able to find the link.  There's no mention of needing to be vaccinated when you book through them.  Are they being held to the same COVID standards as everyone else?  Will all the music/entertainment be Salsa? Are there going to be places regular passengers won't be allowed on the ship? According to the link when you go to book this has been in the works since before July 1st 

DEPOSIT: If booked prior to July 1 2021, a deposit of $200.00 per person is due at the time of booking for each person in your stateroom

I just emailed them those questions.

We are dancers anyway so won't bother us if they took over the venues.

On that note, many dance cruises are not well attended, only manage to close off an area during the day for workshops.

They may have an hour private lounge dance each evening.

On a rare occasion the outside deck was where the evening dances took place so all the internal entertainment went on as usual.

Steve

1 hour ago, Adian80 said:

This might be a concern for my family from a COVID point of view.  I wonder what the capacity will be with this?  Otherwise, a little extra energy and dance music would not bother me.

4 hours ago, mlbdude said:

This might be a concern for my family from a COVID point of view.  I wonder what the capacity will be with this?  Otherwise, a little extra energy and dance music would not bother me.

I actually contacted the salsa cruise company and they did charter for a salsa cruise. I assume it's a partial charter. I did email back and ask.

Steve

• Like 2

Unreal. I found a FB page for this salsa cruise and they were originally supposed to be on the Armonia. Apparently all the way back in July they switched to the Divina, probably because MSC told them they were pulling the Armonia out of the US market for 2021. So for the last couple MONTHS MSC has apparently continued to sell three and four night itineraries on the Divina for those dates that they knew weren’t going to sail.  Some people in the Facebook group on three and four night itineraries that can’t do the seven night cruise have said that they were given the option to cancel with a 75% penalty, or a future cruise credit. That’s pretty bogus, especially when this itinerary change was known to MSC and should have been published prior to final payment date.  Plus they’re still selling itineraries they KNOW can’t sail as shown. I didn’t know Grand Cayman was closed til sometime in 2022 but they certainly did and do. Plus, they’re still selling cruises on the Armonia out of Miami when it’s back in Italy and not on the CDC list of ships seeking sailing approval. In fact, when I called to cancel my booking on the 12/3 Armonia the day before final payment was due, they gave me a hard time and a super hard sell and flatly denied that there was any chance that that cruise was going to be canceled. I’m willing to cut them slack for unforeseen Covid related stuff, but this is over the top. 

I am probably going to call tomorrow and try and move the costs of this cruise to a later booked cruise.  Too many unknowns.  I have never done a "theme" cruise and not sure I want to.  Also, this may be booked at a higher occupancy than I was expecting.

7 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

I am probably going to call tomorrow and try and move the costs of this cruise to a later booked cruise.  

I am in the other side of the fence.

I will fight to keep my fully paid cabin.  I am glad I booked on the phone so they cannot claim an internet error and I verified on their recorded call that the price was correct.

Why the sailing is gone or our online accounts not working is surprising.

Steve

34 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

Also, this may be booked at a higher occupancy than I was expecting.

This is my biggest concern too.  I'm also worried about there being a large group of people not following the masking and social distance policies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I actually contacted the salsa cruise company and they did charter for a salsa cruise. I assume it's a partial charter. I did email back and ask.

Steve

You emailed to ask how many attendees they have?

2 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

You emailed to ask how many attendees they have?

No, second email was to determine if they have the whole ship??  The initial reply gave me the impression they did.

Steve

>>>>>Hello Steve

We have to be vaccinated 

yes you will wear masks indoors when you arrive at any restaurant  and indoor event.

the ship is a private charter we rent for the week.<<<<<

9 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

No, second email was to determine if they have the whole ship??  The initial reply gave me the impression they did.

Steve

>>>>>Hello Steve

We have to be vaccinated 

yes you will wear masks indoors when you arrive at any restaurant  and indoor event.

the ship is a private charter we rent for the week.<<<<<

That makes me feel better about the COVID protocols! According to my TA who called around 11 they are only a partial charter, but who knows if the rep they talked to is correct.

This will be our first experience with MSC and right now things aren't looking good for us to be repeat customers. Hopefully they somehow make it right....

16 hours ago, mlbdude said:

I am probably going to call tomorrow and try and move the costs of this cruise to a later booked cruise.  Too many unknowns.  I have never done a "theme" cruise and not sure I want to.  Also, this may be booked at a higher occupancy than I was expecting.

Well I talked to the family and slept on it.  We decided to keep the cruise and just ride it out.  We are worried some sections of the ship will be locked out to us at certain times and the COVID protocols will not be as strong on this voyage (have a 10 year old with us), but otherwise it should be great. 

If you compare the prices they are selling this cruise for from their website, we got a good deal.

52 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

Well I talked to the family and slept on it.  We decided to keep the cruise and just ride it out.  We are worried some sections of the ship will be locked out to us at certain times and the COVID protocols will not be as strong on this voyage (have a 10 year old with us), but otherwise it should be great. 

If you compare the prices they are selling this cruise for from their website, we got a good deal.

Can you actually still see it for sale somewhere?

I have been on ships with groups and they have not been too bad.

They take over venues during the day and from what I understand they will utilize the outside deck at night.

The Divina has large lounge for music and dancing. Last time I was on, they alternated a Spanish band with an American music band all night every night.

I am trying to find out how many are part of that group.

In the end, I am in the Yacht club so I should be unaffected.

Steve

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

You can see pricing and can book from their website.

Welcome To Salsa Cruise 2021 - World’s Premier Latin Salsa Music Cruise

Oh, I knew that. I thought you meant the cruise lines website pricing.

The Salsa prices are a joke. They are triple the regular price.

Steve

16 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

The Salsa cruise people just emailed me that they have chartered the whole ship

I suspect that MSC's "MICE & Charter" division will be given priority given the revenue certitude vs individual psgs?  As that business division grows, probably makes it more difficult to be certain during peak "charter" season in FL?