MSC Divina Change from 3 day to 7 day

Speasda

3 minutes ago, KeepSailing said:

I suspect that MSC's "MICE & Charter" division will be given priority given the revenue certitude vs individual psgs?  As that business division grows, probably makes it more difficult to be certain during peak "charter" season in FL?

So what will that mean to those of us who are booked on it?

Steve

18 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

So what will that mean to those of us who are booked on it?

Exactly - you get screwed.  I am trying to figure out if it is just that, or if they are reading from the airlines playbook and intentionally overbooking (with expectations of some cancellations) and if they miscalculate, then simply cancel the overage with no repercussions ...

1 minute ago, KeepSailing said:

Exactly - you get screwed.  I am trying to figure out if it is just that, or if they are reading from the airlines playbook and intentionally overbooking (with expectations of some cancellations) and if they miscalculate, then simply cancel the overage with no repercussions ...

Not per the contract.....

15. CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY
The Company reserves the right to cancel any Cruise Package at any time by giving written notice to the Passenger. In such cases the Company will offer the Passenger the choice of (a) receiving a full refund of all money paid outside of cancellation penalties; (b) booking another Cruise Package of equivalent or superior quality at no extra cost, if available, from the Company’s brochure and/or from the Official Website; or (c) booking another Cruise Package from the Company’s brochure and/or from the Official Website of lower quality, if available, with a refund of the difference in price. In no event shall the Company or Carrier be liable for any consequential damages or other damages as a result of such cancellation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KeepSailing said:

Yep, "if available" and if they don't bump you on that one too ...  OK, maybe I am getting a bit too cynical in my old age. LOL

I thought about that so I booked an identical one for January 2022. So when they say there are none I can say, I have one under deposit so use that one.

Steve

Edited by mscdivina2016
wrong info
  • Like 1

TA just got off the phone with MSC. She mentioned nothing upfront about the salsa group and just asked why we couldn't book excursions etc and she was told that the entire ship (even a group) was locked because of an itinerary change and to call back in a couple of weeks if she doesn't get an email. 

Just now, Adian80 said:

TA just got off the phone with MSC. She mentioned nothing upfront about the salsa group and just asked why we couldn't book excursions etc and she was told that the entire ship (even a group) was locked because of an itinerary change and to call back in a couple of weeks if she doesn't get an email. 

I emailed the Salsa cruise and asked if they chartered the whole ship for their cruise, why was I able to book a Yacht club suite 5 days ago.

Will see their reply when it comes in.

Steve

23 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I emailed the Salsa cruise and asked if they chartered the whole ship for their cruise, why was I able to book a Yacht club suite 5 days ago.

Steve

It'll be interesting to hear what they say. 

TA has also gotten a response that it was supposed to be a full charter, but was switched to a partial charter and in a separate instance that it is a full charter and that there was a mistake when it was bookable for others outside the charter group for two days. That person said that most of those mistake bookings have already been canceled. MSC needs to get their you know what together. Someone made a really really big mistake.....

Patience I guess it's our best bet right now.

1 hour ago, Adian80 said:

TA has also gotten a response that it was supposed to be a full charter, but was switched to a partial charter and in a separate instance that it is a full charter and that there was a mistake when it was bookable for others outside the charter group for two days. That person said that most of those mistake bookings have already been canceled. MSC needs to get their you know what together. Someone made a really really big mistake.....

It's weird.  I think this whole thread started by someone that booked the 3 night LONG ago and got upgraded to the 7 day.  Seems its allot more people than just those that booked during the transition.  Maybe there were really that few people booked for the 3/4 night schedules...

Edited by mlbdude

2 hours ago, mlbdude said:

It's weird.  I think this whole thread started by someone that booked the 3 night LONG ago and got upgraded to the 7 day.  Seems its allot more people than just those that booked during the transition.  Maybe there were really that few people booked for the 3/4 night schedules...

Actually this started because the Armonia will not be sailing in the US, so they switched this large group to the Divina.  They did not want to lose the big group income.

Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adian80 said:

Well the terms and conditions say something else.  I have no issue with taking them on in mediation if they don't make good. I am easy, give me the Yacht club Grand suite on any 7 days Divina sailing now till February. They can decide.   I will also take a YC deluxe on the Seashore or Seaview, again they can decide, with 3 weeks notice.

I just found out my January back up on Divina in a YC Grand suite is now in limbo.

I am not going away!!!!!

I have 6 booked right now, 4 in YC.

Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Actually this started because the Armonia will not be sailing in the US, so they switched this large group to the Divina.  They did not want to lose the big group income.

Steve

And a week ago they were *STILL* telling me that my 12/3 Armonia cruise was absolutely going when I called to cancel before FP was due. The guy got kinda snippy with me. Sigh……

According to this post, a salsa group got moved from Armonia to Divina back in July, so it seems MSC know they will not bring Armonia back to the USA. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2800038-msc-divina-change-from-3-day-to-7-day/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-61793606

However, their phone reps still know nothing.

I was just on the phone to a rep who did not even know which ships sail out of which ports in the USA. She huffed and puffed at my questions. I asked if I needed to help her and she put me on hold until it timed out. USELESS.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Steve

This could be interesting.  I too booked over the weekend in the YC.  Having been on several "charter cruises" where it was not completely chartered our experiences ranged from...ok didn't really notice any difference...to a bit of an irritant as several times venues would be closed to non-charter people......to absolutely horrible almost to the point of almost physical confrontations.

One thing that does right now concern me, is if you look at the "salsa" website and a few of their Facebook pages it looks as though there are a LOT of entertainers, musicians and etc scheduled almost as if all entertainment will be salsa based.  While I do somewhat like salsa music and have danced salsa, I don't want an entire week of it....and certainly don't want the YC lounge to be a "salsa only" week.

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

According to this post, a salsa group got moved from Armonia to Divina back in July, so it seems MSC know they will not bring Armonia back to the USA. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2800038-msc-divina-change-from-3-day-to-7-day/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-61793606

However, their phone reps still know nothing.

I was just on the phone to a rep who did not even know which ships sail out of which ports in the USA. She huffed and puffed at my questions. I asked if I needed to help her and she put me on hold until it timed out. USELESS.

Off topic for this thread, but had to post this after your experience. I called MSC last week to request a cabin move, and my part went like this: “Hi! My booking number is #####, and I would like the same cabin class but on the starboard side, aft or midship please.” Long pause before the very nice young man responded with: “I’m so sorry, ma’am, but I am not sure what those last terms mean.” We spent another 20 minutes together while I schooled him on nautical lingo. C’mon MSC - get your carp together! (P.S. - I did end up with an awesome new cabin 👍)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LadySpoilt said:

While I do somewhat like salsa music and have danced salsa, I don't want an entire week of it....and certainly don't want the YC lounge to be a "salsa only" week.

I agree.  I would absolutely have it out with guest relations about that.  I expect the regular things all week long and not just Salsa. I would expect even the music playing at the pool to be regular.

This is one of those cases where they absolutely must inform us if this ship is overrun with a Salsa based theme.

Steve

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beloum said:

Has anyone gotten any further info on if this cruise will happen?   

It appears its not going to happen for us non group people.

The ship is the replacement for the Salsa dance group cruise on the Armonia that is not coming over now from Europe. They have a full ship charter with all their own big time entertainers.

I keep checking "my cruises" list and its still showing so we have not been cancelled yet.....

Per the passenger contract, if they cancel on us for something like this, they need to refund, allow you to book on any available similar cruise in the future exactly what you have now price and amenity wise with no additional cost, or down grade to another cruise with a partial refund.

So if you got a good deal, choose middle option.

Steve