MSC cancellation policy if you test positive ??

Shippy

We are fully vaccinated.

If we have no symptoms but test positive....DO WE LOSE EVERYTHING.

Under their 72hr test time we would still have time to cancel.

Now with their new 2 day policy we won't.

Does anyone know if they had made exceptions for this ?

7 minutes ago, Shippy said:

We are fully vaccinated.

If we have no symptoms but test positive....DO WE LOSE EVERYTHING.

Under their 72hr test time we would still have time to cancel.

Now with their new 2 day policy we won't.

Does anyone know if they had made exceptions for this ?

This was our concern with the change from 3 days to 2 days for testing.

What happens with Cruise Flex that they offer?

MSC had their Cruise Assistance program at no cost for fully vaccinated guests cruising until Oct 31, 2021.

It offered refund for cruise if positive test result.

Policy not clear when Covid positive test result happens, but includes quarantine. Deductively, seems like applies only after onboard.

Edited by phissy

1 hour ago, phissy said:

This was our concern with the change from 3 days to 2 days for testing.

What happens with Cruise Flex that they offer?

MSC had their Cruise Assistance program at no cost for fully vaccinated guests cruising until Oct 31, 2021.

It offered refund for cruise if positive test result.

Policy not clear when Covid positive test result happens, but includes quarantine. Deductively, seems like applies only after onboard.

That was when THEY tested at the pier.

We would be getting the test on Thursday evening at the airport.

Really bummed about this situation. I know it is not MSC's fault for the change but do not see where they are helping with a solution.

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Deductively, seems like applies only after onboard.

Not following that. If you are fully vaccinated, you have a minimal level of travel insurance included in the cruise fare. It does provide for 100% refund or FCC in the event of a positive test or quarantine.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/-/media/usa/documents/insurance_final.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just spoke to MSC & was given the following options.

If I just call today to cancel....I would incur a big penalty for being so close to sailing.

If I decided to just move the cruise to another date, anytime before Sept. 2022,  I would not incur any penalties.

Unfortunately me for me, I have lots of OBC & prepaid gratuitis for agent that I would lose.

If I wait and go & test positive Thursday night & cannot reach them until sometime Friday,

they will honor my what we paid IF I give them another date to move the cruise to.

Do wish I had this in writing but the girl did click off for a few minutes so she could verify that.

Unfortunately, she was NOT familiar with the MSC Covid Reasurrance policy !

It was free for all fully vaccinated traveling before 10/31/21.

Nice to have the printout 'ad' for it but it is not in y cruise docs     :O(

30 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Not following that. If you are fully vaccinated, you have a minimal level of travel insurance included in the cruise fare. It does provide for 100% refund or FCC in the event of a positive test or quarantine.

I thought that only applied to cruises departing up to 10/31/21.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shippy said:

I understand your concern there. I wouldn't call it just a marketing blurb, but it does say to see the policy document for details and exclusions, and there is no one on this planet who can actually tell you where that document is. I'm depending on it being true though (this was thoroughly hashed out in another thread, so no point all speculating here).

@shippy, I know you said you are traveling on the Thursday prior to your Saturday departure, but would you have time to do the eMed proctored rapid test that morning from home before your flight? In addition to the other cancellation options you have, you have until 5 PM Thursday to cancel with full FCC.

1 hour ago, publicpersona said:

Shippy, open this link and you will see the document for Cruise Assistance program .

Fully vaxed passengers get this insurance policy for free before Oct 31, 2021 . ( Although that date is now missing)

57 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Just spoke to MSC & was given the following options.

If I just call today to cancel....I would incur a big penalty for being so close to sailing.

If I decided to just move the cruise to another date, anytime before Sept. 2022,  I would not incur any penalties.

Unfortunately me for me, I have lots of OBC & prepaid gratuitis for agent that I would lose.

If I wait and go & test positive Thursday night & cannot reach them until sometime Friday,

they will honor my what we paid IF I give them another date to move the cruise to.

Do wish I had this in writing but the girl did click off for a few minutes so she could verify that.

Unfortunately, she was NOT familiar with the MSC Covid Reasurrance policy !

It was free for all fully vaccinated traveling before 10/31/21.

We are in the same boat (sorry)

we have B2B and big OBC with both cruises. We do not want to change our cruises.

We are sailing in November and not sure we have access to Cruise Assistance Program.

we put cruises on premium credit card that has $10,000 travel insurance for each person, in case, we test positive.

1 minute ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I cannot find that prior reference to cruises through 10/31/2021,  Where do they state that now?  My cruise is 12/11, so I'm curious about that.

Look 3 posts above yours at the top of the middle column.

I have an original copy of that.

• Like 1

They can call it whatever they want and that’s the reason I take screenshots of everything on their website a few times a week. I printed them all out and will bring them with me on the cruise. 
By doing that after every booking or changes to any of my booking, I was able to get my $200 OBC back that they took away when they canceled a load of reservations on our date. Emailing the higher ups might have helped with that too though. 😇

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

They can call it whatever they want and that’s the reason I take screenshots of everything on their website a few times a week. I printed them all out and will bring them with me on the cruise. 
By doing that after every booking or changes to any of my booking, I was able to get my $200 OBC back that they took away when they canceled a load of reservations on our date. Emailing the higher ups might have helped with that too though. 😇

My point is that you can't assume the October 31 date is still the end because they don't say that anymore.

Well now that makes 3.

I have copies of the Reassurance Plan, one with the October date & one without. And now a copy of the Assistance Plan.

To bad none of them are dated.

I will assume that which ever plan is in effect that it is yours upon final cruise payment.

My big concern was that we would become stuck in Miami if we had a positive test with no symptoms. I am sure last minute hotel prices would be high.

They all state ...hotel, meals & trip delays for covid quarantine is up to $4,000 per person.

A positive test would probably do for that. I would hope that the 'trip delay' part would cover airfare.

14 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Well now that makes 3.

I have copies of the Reassurance Plan, one with the October date & one without. And now a copy of the Assistance Plan.

To bad none of them are dated.

I will assume that which ever plan is in effect that it is yours upon final cruise payment.

My big concern was that we would become stuck in Miami if we had a positive test with no symptoms. I am sure last minute hotel prices would be high.

They all state ...hotel, meals & trip delays for covid quarantine is up to $4,000 per person.

A positive test would probably do for that. I would hope that the 'trip delay' part would cover airfare.

Mine are screenshots and are dated when I took them. Jun 26. 

I think once we put down a deposit and sign their contract, that’s the date that should be considered and not the final payment date. If we have to abide by their contract rules why shouldn’t they?  Just saying. 

Edited by lovemycruisetoo

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

My point is that you can't assume the October 31 date is still the end because they don't say that anymore.

I don’t think anyone was assuming that. The context of Shippy’s question that started this thread was a cruise embarking 9/25. So the important thing at one point in the thread was that applied at least through 10/31.

Now that it was pointed out that the end date has been removed, we can all say we don’t know the end date right now, which is good news for your November sailing. 

• Like 1

I agree.

Now that the date of October 31. 2021 has been eliminated , I am going by the current Cruise Assistance and Trip Protection Plan. 

This comes up when I click on Insurance section for Fully Vaxed passengers 

November 1, 2021 cruises going forward.

It does match what they have in Terms and Conditions for 2021 MSC. 

(at bottom of MSC site)

I have a copy (dated August 5, 2021) 

[ MSC Cruises Covid-19 Reassurance will be provided at no additional cost for guests 12 and older that are fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination is required prior to your cruise as well and upon embarkation]

Then new Summary of MSC Cruises Assistance and Protection Plan- Dated August 25, 2021.

This has the chart with COVID19 Assistance and then Travel Protection Plan Coverage.

That one is Mandatory for Unvaccinated guests.

Edited by phissy