Picture-A-Week 2021 - Week 37

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, September 6 and Sunday, September 12.

The season is fading fast. Get out and take more pictures. Share! 

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

An early start to the weekly threads for me - I usually don't get to post until after the weekend, but with Monday being a holiday, I popped by the wetlands for a few hours to see what was there:

Pileated woodpecker - the largest in North America:

original.jpg

Yellow-throated warbler:

original.jpg

Pied-billed grebe mom with a fish, handing it off to her chick:

original.jpg

A closeup look at the pied-billed grebe chick:

original.jpg

Green iguana coming down a tree branch, waiting for the guy with the camera to get out of the way:

original.jpg

When I got home on that very hot, sweaty day, I jumped in my pool to cool off - I brought the camera out there with me to shoot any interesting backyard critters that happened by.  This female northern cardinal popped up on a planter to see if I'd brought any seed to the feeders:

original.jpg

I have a pair of resident northern curly-tailed lizards living under my jacuzzi - big, chunky lizards that love to eat any bugs that land on the deck, including the ones I flick to them from the pool.  They recently had a batch of babies, and the little ones were out learning how to catch bugs on their own:

original.jpg

• Like 7

Have you seen this lighting unit? It has been accused of conspiring with a long list of building materials and power tools to interfere with the lawful and enjoyable pursuit of photography as my favorite hobby. Only a couple of weeks left until we are hosting a gathering of friends and family and the gentle refresh of the front porch spread like a plague and left it looking like a small but well-aimed tornado had hit it. One thing led to another and replacing an ancient and  heavily weathered planter and some fresh paint turned into a complete stripping and replacement of the old siding on the front of the house and a nearly complete remodel of the porch. Thank goodness I enjoy spending vast amounts of time and energy on DIY projects. Or did.

Public Enemy #1

1938127670_2021-37PublicEnemyNumberOne.thumb.jpg.f6b21e71ce723a347b247f8c638a0d17.jpg

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...