ISLAND FOOD & CULINARY INSIGHT TOUR

Lily2006

My husband and I did a tour with Tru Bahamian Food, (Bites of Nassau) local lovely guide, highly recommend! We thought it was the perfect introduction to Nassau.

https://www.trubahamianfoodtours.com/

the first stop we really enjoyed and went on our own the next time we were in Nassau was Bahamian Cookin' Restaurant and hope to visit in 2022.

On 9/11/2021 at 10:32 AM, Burrata said:

My husband and I did a tour with Tru Bahamian Food, (Bites of Nassau) local lovely guide, highly recommend! We thought it was the perfect introduction to Nassau.

https://www.trubahamianfoodtours.com/

the first stop we really enjoyed and went on our own the next time we were in Nassau was Bahamian Cookin' Restaurant and hope to visit in 2022.

Are you able to book tours on your own?  I thought you had to book a cruise through the ship?

20 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Vaccinated can book independent tours

Really?  That's awesome.  I'm confused because this is on Celebrity's website:

Eastern Caribbean
On your own tours are permitted in St. Croix and St. Thomas. Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises are required in St. Maarten*, Nassau and Tortola.

*The St. Maarten government requires all unvaccinated guests age 10 and older, be tested 2 days prior to disembarking and visiting St. Maarten. Test will be provided onboard.

The local health authorities in St. Thomas and St. Croix have recommended that all guests, including fully vaccinated persons, wear a face mask while ashore and particularly while indoors.

42 minutes ago, telecomgirl111 said:

Really?  That's awesome.  I'm confused because this is on Celebrity's website:

Eastern Caribbean
On your own tours are permitted in St. Croix and St. Thomas. Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises are required in St. Maarten*, Nassau and Tortola.

*The St. Maarten government requires all unvaccinated guests age 10 and older, be tested 2 days prior to disembarking and visiting St. Maarten. Test will be provided onboard.

The local health authorities in St. Thomas and St. Croix have recommended that all guests, including fully vaccinated persons, wear a face mask while ashore and particularly while indoors.

That is strange.... we are sailing on Oasis OTS next month and only non-vaccinated pax are required to take ship tours.  I don't know why the rules would be different on Celebrity, since they are part of the same company.

• 5 months later...