It's getting real!!! Got my boarding time

latin princess

3 hours ago, latin princess said:

Had an email yesterday with the time I need to be at the port for my cruise in a month's time. Good job I booked flight for day before. My embarkation time is 10 am. Hopefully be swabbed and onboard for lunch time 

What cruise are you on? I had email giving me boarding time for cruise on 24th Sep. A couple of days later, another email telling me that the cruise is cancelled. Hope it goes for you.

Firenze Spain France and Italy so fingers crossed all going to be ok. They have been doing this route for a few weeks now. I know things can change in the current climate. Git my PCR booked for travel home as will be flying back from Barcelona and unfortunately it's a PCR that needed rather than lateral flow. However. Don't pay for that until you go and there is a possibility of one on the ship or so they told me when I rang however find somethings get lost in translation when speaking to Costa on the phone so will see once on board ( if we get that far) at least have one booked as a fall back position. 

4 hours ago, gerryuk said:

What cruise are you on? I had email giving me boarding time for cruise on 24th Sep. A couple of days later, another email telling me that the cruise is cancelled. Hope it goes for you.

Sorry to hear about your cancellation. Mine has been cancelled three times so far as has the other cruise booked with Costa. The one I with P and O we have moved twice as well 

Hi Latin princess,

Would love to get back on Costa again but somewhat concerned re protocols in ports.

I noticed that Costa's ts&cs note that Passengers from the UK need to be at embarkation 4hrs prior for a PCR test. 

Do we need a separate passenger location form for every port & still  bubble excursions? 

We're on P&O Iona 25th Sept (Spain & Portugal) booked thinking that sailing from/to the UK on a ship where practically everyone is British,  so literally in the same boat re covid protocols would be easier, been organised confusion so far!

Would love to hear how you interpret the current Covid rules & how it all works out in practice. 

The being in port 4 hours before ( mine said 5) is to give time for test etc. It's the same for those from many countries ( there is a long list of those who need the test and a longer one of countries that can't even embark so feel safe) All the paperwork you need will be sorted on embarkation ( green pass- basically your proof of vaccination or negative test or immunity from having had covid recently) they are also doing a PCR mid cruise for everyone and if you need one for flying home they can do that too. This is info from speaking to them on the phone last week. 

Will report back if it isn't cancelled 

• Like 1

That's great news.  We are going on that cruise during the half term.  I'd been holding fire on final payment until I was feeling more sure that it was actually going to happen.  I'm going to call tomorrow and do the final payment and take it from there. 

We are staying in Nice the night before, so know I can either go for a train to Savona or a pay for a transfer from Costa from Nice station.  Just depends on what time they give us.  

In a worse case scenario, we can stay closer to Savona the night before.