AMS/Amsterdam/Netherlands Protocols?

Lois R

Good morning folks, need some help please. I was reading on the river cruise forum about new restrictions for entering Amsterdam. Thought I would post this on here........my cruise is sailing next month.......(not a river cruise).......

I am sailing out of Portugal for 12 nights next moth.......my return flight home is Portugal to AMS for a 1.5 hour stopover before flying back to the states. Do any of you know if I will be allowed in for this short amount of time without quarantining?  It sounds like (from reading on the other forum) that The Netherlands is getting  getting tighter restrictions.  I booked my flights through the cruise line.......do I need to get ahead of this and find out about changing my flight home? As much as I enjoy Amsterdam, don't want to be in a hotel room for 10 days! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Lois R changed the title to AMS/Amsterdam/Netherlands tighter restrictions?

Well, I have been doing more research and have found the Netherlands has put in place an exemption form for folks to fill out so you can avoid going through quarantine. There are several exemptions that apply and you find the one for "people with a layover on their international journey".  Hoping everything works out for flying home🙂

6 minutes ago, fusion927 said:

Yes, there is a 12 hour exception from quarantine if you are just transiting.

Thanks for confirming!.....looks like you have to fill out a declaration form but the timing is good....I was sort of worried at the beginning.....I mean I like Amsterdam but certainly don't want to be in a hotel room for 10 nights LOL

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Thanks, I was recently checking requirements again and found that too.  Appreciate it.🙂

• Like 1

• Host Bonjour changed the title to AMS/Amsterdam/Netherlands Protocols?