Question re: Abbott Binaxnow testing?

julia

20 hours ago, projecthandbag said:

Hi everyone,

If four people are traveling together can you buy a 6 pack for the four people to share or do you have to buy separate tests for each person?  Also, do you have to have four devices with four separate apps?  Thanks, JoAnne 

Yes, four people can share one pack of tests.  No, you don't necessarily need four devices, but each person must create their own account on the Navica app.  Each person must sign in to begin their testing (and log out at the end).

Update from the OP:

My DH and I have completed our Binax at home tests for our cruise on Sat.  Firstly, watching the two videos recommended here on YouTube were VERY helpful.  We encountered some problems with connecting to Emed on our Android phones (namely, unsupported browser), so we connected on a laptop.  Easier anyway.  Once started, it was a simple process and we had our results quickly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, julia said:

Update from the OP:

My DH and I have completed our Binax at home tests for our cruise on Sat.  Firstly, watching the two videos recommended here on YouTube were VERY helpful.  We encountered some problems with connecting to Emed on our Android phones (namely, unsupported browser), so we connected on a laptop.  Easier anyway.  Once started, it was a simple process and we had our results quickly.

I hope you failed your tests (negative results)!  😉

• Like 1

Ok maybe I am dense or just so exhausted from trying to figure out this whole testing thing, but I have a question. I want to order tests for my husband and my self as a backup to CVS test I have scheduled.  The Holland America site takes me to the company to order them and they show .....

"The home test (including two tests) costs $69.99 when it is purchased via the Optum Store".   

Do the two tests for $69 cover both my husband and myself since it includes two tests.  Or do I have to order 2 sets of two. So $140 for both of us.  So confused and have read all the sites with info and nothing states what to do.  I need to order them so they get here in time... please help. 

42 minutes ago, iminit4fun said:

Ok maybe I am dense or just so exhausted from trying to figure out this whole testing thing, but I have a question. I want to order tests for my husband and my self as a backup to CVS test I have scheduled.  The Holland America site takes me to the company to order them and they show .....

"The home test (including two tests) costs $69.99 when it is purchased via the Optum Store".   

Do the two tests for $69 cover both my husband and myself since it includes two tests.  Or do I have to order 2 sets of two. So $140 for both of us.  So confused and have read all the sites with info and nothing states what to do.  I need to order them so they get here in time... please help. 

From everything I have read, it's recommended that folks have a minimum of two test kits per person, in the event of an inconclusive result, user error, etc.  You can buy the test kits directly from Optum (see link below), in a 2-pack or  3-pack, or from eMed.com (see link), the folks who proctor the tests; they sell a 6-pack:

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

More than one person can use the test kits in a multi-pack, but each person has to create her/his own account on the NAVICA app. 

I hope that's helpful.

5 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

I am unclear if I need to use an APP or the website for these? Or, does it matter?

It is confusing....  but don't stress.

You order the tests thru EMed, and you create an account with them.  You also download the Navica app, and create an account with them.  When you log into your Emed account to take the test, the results will be sent to you via Navica.  Watch a few videos of the process...  

38 minutes ago, julia said:

You order the tests thru EMed, and you create an account with them.  You also download the Navica app, and create an account with them.  When you log into your Emed account to take the test, the results will be sent to you via Navica.

This is correct - You need to use NAVICA to set up the account, But once set-up you MAY us a desktop machine (assuming you have a camera attached) to actually take the test. 

The Results are not only available to you via NAVICA but they also email them to you - so you can do the entire process (except for setting up the NAVICA account) without using the NAVICA app.

9 minutes ago, dcloer said:

Can someone tell me if I buy the two back, can my husband and I each use one or do we need to buy two of them?  Thank you!

Each test comes with a unique scanable code, so two different people can use a two-pack. 

• Like 2

I just ordered two Binax Now from Optum.  When I hit the first buy it said oops something happened.   Then I did it again.   Now I have two orders of two in each shipment which is kinda o.k.   But I wonder what  kind of expiration should I expect?

Peter

2 hours ago, dcloer said:

Can someone tell me if I buy the two back, can my husband and I each use one or do we need to buy two of them?  Thank you!

Although you could, I’ve read that it’s highly recommended that each person have a backup test kit, in the event of an inconclusive result, user error, or other problems. Here on CC, I’ve read accounts from two people saying their reagent bottles were empty or dried up, and another saying the drops foamed up. 

• Like 1

Quick ? --  where do these get mailed to for testing?  We did the Covid kits from Costco for our trip to Hawaii & since we are in Washington State & they got overnighted to Georgia, we didn't have our results in time.  Thank heaven for Kaiser - they came through.

48 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

thank you.   I hope expiration will be February since have cruise in January.    Can I return if not satisfied with expiration date since no expiration was given?

Peter

No, they can not be returned.

The test kits are intended by the supplier to be used when purchased and not hoarded.

Order the test kits to arrive when you plan to use them.

Edited by Homosassa

2 hours ago, fsdj1097 said:

Can anyone give an estimate on the time for the tests to be delivered after ordering?  

Thanks, in advance for your replies.

eMed.com says two business days, and the kits we ordered a couple of weeks ago from them were delivered in that time frame.  I can’t say how well Optum is doing on their orders. 

5 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Quick ? --  where do these get mailed to for testing?  We did the Covid kits from Costco for our trip to Hawaii & since we are in Washington State & they got overnighted to Georgia, we didn't have our results in time.  Thank heaven for Kaiser - they came through.

You actually do the Binax test wherever you are, observed by the camera on your phone or computer, so results in a few minutes. No mailing once you’ve received the test. 

So my Binax now 2 pgk of 2 tests ordered three days ago came just now.

Lot number for all four packages are 139520.

No alpha attached.

from what I can tell the four expire Dec 21, 2021.   Is this correct?  Thanks for any help.

A little annoyed that OmtumRX website made me by two packages with their "Oops something went wrong"  message.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 6.01.13 PM