smoking policy

tfred

what I the smoking policy on board?  I see a few different ideas on line.  The outdoor (somewhere) is allowed.  Then I see veranda is ok and vape in room is allowed

btw - we are not smokers and try to minimize contact 

1 hour ago, tfred said:

what I the smoking policy on board?  I see a few different ideas on line.  The outdoor (somewhere) is allowed.  Then I see veranda is ok and vape in room is allowed

No smoking on verandahs(balcony) and hasn't been allowed for quite a few years. Starboard side of deck 9 near the bar, starboard back of deck 7 outside and starboard side near pool on deck 5 there is some smoking allowed.

I'm not sure about vaping indoors and vaping outside only in the smokers' area.

1 hour ago, markham said:

I am sure that there is no vaping allowed indoors. 

Seabourn elaborates what is permitted and where it's permitted. Why not ask them via email specifying your next cruise and the ship?

Happy and healthy sailing!

I did read their policy and emailing the SB rep was my next step. Was trying to see if the reality was different than the stated policy - especially on a small ship

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 6:25 AM, markham said:

I am sure that there is no vaping allowed indoors. 

Seabourn elaborates what is permitted and where it's permitted. Why not ask them via email specifying your next cruise and the ship?

Per the Seabourn site, vaping is allowed in guest suites.  "Smoking of electronic cigarettes is permitted in guest suites. "  Honestly, you'd never know if someone had or not.  It's not like cigarette smoke.

• 2 years later...

I know this is a really old thread but here goes ….

We’re considering booking the 90 day Africa on Sojourn next year.  We haven’t been on Seabourn for 6+ years and i was just reviewing some of the policies, including the current smoking policy.  I’m very sensitive to smoke and cannot believe they are allowing vaping/e-cigarette smoking in staterooms, and while I admit it’s not quite as bad as smelling cigarette smoke, it still bothers me.  

Question:  are we likely to smell fumes in our stateroom from neighbors who are vaping?

I have just got of Sojourn for 30 days and was on Quest earlier in the year for 79 days and never smelt fumes from neighbours. They allow vaping but not cigarettes and only in the staterooms not on the balconies.

I do agree I do wish they would stop this practice but it hasn't impacted on me. 

On a side note more impact was due to neighbours allowing their doors to slam shut as they went in and out, enough to make the room shake. Especially frustrating if trying to have an afternoon nap or sleep in and we had our ""We're relaxing" sign out but that seemed to be ignored. It was tempting to do the same when we came home late but we aren't that inconsiderate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I recommend leaving a note on all your neighbors’ door mail holders saying “Please close your suite door softly”. You don’t even have to leave your name or sign it.

Once I caught a perpetual door slammer leaving her suite opposite mine and I asked her to close the door softly. Her answer was “if Seabourn wants us to close the door softly they can install better equipment” which of course makes no sense and sounds childish. Anyway, she and her husband subsequently were more diligent.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, markham said:

I asked her to close the door softly. Her answer was “if Seabourn wants us to close the door softly they can install better equipment” which of course makes no sense and sounds childish.

When someone has nothing intelligent to say in response to a simple request, they always say something stupid and usually blame someone else. So yes, quite a childish response.  A better response would have been: “I’m so sorry, I will be more aware of that in the future.”

• Like 3

On 9/8/2021 at 6:04 PM, tfred said:

Smoking is never allowed on a veranda.  It is dangerous, not to mention obnoxious for your neighbors.

• Like 1