Latest news about Explora Journeys

Beamafar

• 2 months later...

Thanks Cruise Critic for creating this standalone Forum for Explora Journeys.  I understand that booking are close to being open for the inaugural cruises.

I know I want one. 😀. Iceland to New York for us.  Two new countries with the added bonus of a fancy welcome to New York Harbor; with a long day at Bay of Fundy along the way to see the tides.  It will be our first ‘TA’, since we technically will start the cruise on the east side of the Atlantic Ridge.

Dennis

On 11/15/2021 at 4:42 PM, kelleherdl said:

Thanks Cruise Critic for creating this standalone Forum for Explora Journeys.  I understand that booking are close to being open for the inaugural cruises.

I know I want one. 😀. Iceland to New York for us.  Two new countries with the added bonus of a fancy welcome to New York Harbor; with a long day at Bay of Fundy along the way to see the tides.  It will be our first ‘TA’, since we technically will start the cruise on the east side of the Atlantic Ridge.

Dennis

Currently one can only book through a travel agent.  I'm looking forward to this one!

• 3 months later...
On 11/15/2021 at 4:42 PM, kelleherdl said:

Dennis

Hi! Can someone post the itinerary for the Iceland to NY 14 day cruise for 09-09-23? Also, pricing with reduced solo rate if possible. Thanks, Ted

On 2/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, ESCARGO said:

Hi! Can someone post the itinerary for the Iceland to NY 14 day cruise for 09-09-23? Also, pricing with reduced solo rate if possible. Thanks, Ted

I just booked the Iceland to NY 16 day cruise (9/9/23 - 9/25/23) and am sailing solo.  The price for a solo in an Ocean Terrace Suite was $7,350 and you save $370 if you pay in full bringing the price to $6,980.  I booked directly with an Explora Journeys Ambassador.

I didn't notice a roll-call for this sailing so I created one under under "Explora Jorneys Roll Calls".

The itinerary is (I just typed this so hopefully I don't have any errors):

Day

Date

Sat

9/9/2023

Embarkation Reykjavik, Iceland

Sun

9/10/2023

Reykjavik, Iceland

Mon

9/11/2023

Akureyri, Iceland

Tue

9/12/2023

Isafjordur, Iceland

Wed

9/13/2023

Sea Day

Thu

9/14/2023

Sailing Prince Christian Sund, Greenland

Fri

9/15/2023

Paamiut, Greenland

Sat

9/16/2023

Nuuk (Godthaab), Greenland

Sun

9/17/2023

Sea Day

Mon

9/18/2023

Qaqortoq (Julianehåb), Greenland

Tue

9/19/2023

Sea Day

Wed

9/20/2023

Sea Day

Thu

9/21/2023

Sydney, Canada

Fri

9/22/2023

Sea Day

Sat

9/23/2023

Saint John, Bay of Fundy, Canada

Sun

9/24/2023

Sea Day

Mon

9/25/2023

Debarkation New York City

• 1 month later...

For those looking for more information on the Explora offering Posts 327 and 328 in this thread over on the Crystal forum contain links to 237 and 53 page brochures on Explora 

It seems that Explora is creating a bit of interest amongst Crystal Cruises refugees looking at their options going forward 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 3:24 PM, Stickman1990 said:

For those looking for more information on the Explora offering Posts 327 and 328 in this thread over on the Crystal forum contain links to 237 and 53 page brochures on Explora 

It seems that Explora is creating a bit of interest amongst Crystal Cruises refugees looking at their options going forward 

Been on Crystal 3x and had booked B2B Middle East cruises for late this year. Pity. Now looking at Explora in Jan. '24 for a unique Miami - Cartagena cruise Jan. '24. Something new & different...

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 10:08 AM, dolphin1313 said:

Explora I was floated out today (5/30/22) of Fincantieri’s shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy.  Here's one of the sites that reported on it:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/27584-explora-i-floats-out-at-fincantieri.html

Don't you love how all of the artist's impressions of the ship show a blue hulled ship and they floated out a white hulled one?

MSC strikes again .....

On 6/2/2022 at 2:25 AM, Dr. Cocktail said:

Don't you love how all of the artist's impressions of the ship show a blue hulled ship and they floated out a white hulled one?

MSC strikes again .....

...And instead of an Explora Journeys logo, they just painted the new main MSC group logo on the ship!... Wondering what are they thinking about the Explora branding???...

On 6/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, Dr. Cocktail said:

MSC strikes again .....

My travel agent had the same comment and called Explora  and was was told the shipyard does a primer which is the white paint and then the blue will be added at a later time. It's still a year away. Apparently they received multiple calls about this. 

Edited by Lakers1041

8 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

...And instead of an Explora Journeys logo, they just painted the new main MSC group logo on the ship!... Wondering what are they thinking about the Explora branding???...

the MSC GROUP logo is on all of their cruise ships including the shipping containers. Very different from the MSC CRUISES logo which are on the funnel and aft part.

F79F3DF8-92EF-4524-B569-C6687F5406C0.jpeg

BD5D83D5-7E34-4026-9953-5768328DE42B.jpeg

424E244B-A236-4BCD-A4E8-1D318A122A01.jpeg

Edited by Lakers1041

9 hours ago, Lakers1041 said:

the MSC GROUP logo is on all of their cruise ships including the shipping containers. Very different from the MSC CRUISES logo which are on the funnel and aft part.

F79F3DF8-92EF-4524-B569-C6687F5406C0.jpeg

BD5D83D5-7E34-4026-9953-5768328DE42B.jpeg

424E244B-A236-4BCD-A4E8-1D318A122A01.jpeg

Curiously have never seen the MSC Group logo on any of the old ships. And for that matter the logo on the funnels used on their older ships was the old MSC Group logo. They have changed for the current one little bit before the pandemic, I believe. Pretty much all the MSC containers sitting here at Lisbon's port have the older one you see on the funnels or at the older ships lateral side...

4 hours ago, dolphin1313 said:

That Spring 2024 Hawaii cruise looks really nice.

Right now we were supposed to be on that exact cruise on Crystal Serenity. Obviously that wasn't to be so hopefully we will be happy with this new cruise line.

16 minutes ago, AtA said:

Right now we were supposed to be on that exact cruise on Crystal Serenity. Obviously that wasn't to be so hopefully we will be happy with this new cruise line.

I see trees of green

green trees there too

I see the trees

and they are green

and I think to myself

I am lost in these woods  😢

• Like 1