Greek Cruise Three day prior Covid Test

braidmacd

We board the Ovation on 9/25. My current Seabourn Source shows that I need to have a PCR test three days prior to boarding. It has an 8/9 date. I was lead to believe (but cannot find anything in writing) that this was changed to only needing an Antigen test. Can someone please point the way.  Both of us are fully vaccinated - Thanks !

Seabourn changed its rules twice last month.  First, you have to get a PCR or rapid antigen test 3 days prior to embarkation.  The day after, the rule was amended so that the test has to be PCR; rapid antigen no longer suffices. 

AFAIK, this is still the current rule.  (Full vaccination has been required all along, as least until mid-January 2022.  Announcement not yet made for cruises after January.)

Edited by sfvoyage

Here is a link to the most recent Seabourn communication on Covid issues. It was last updated on August 31, and I check it daily for new updates. This addresses the Greek requirements and don't know how they may change as the venture further afield.

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/health-safety/greece-travel-requirements.html

We just sailed September 4-11 and you definitely need a PCR test not an antigen test to board the ship.  We were tested on Wednesday morning, which is the earliest testing day fir a Saturday departure.  They will test you again once you arrive at the port and you have to wait in the terminal for your results to come up before going to the ship.  We arrived early on a Seabourn transfer from the airport, and we were processed and on board prior to our assigned boarding time by about 2 hours. 

If you are flying into Athens and have the time, you can get a PCR test at the airport.  You would have to fly in the day before the cruise.    You can prepay and skip the longer line.  Just search Athens Medical Group and you should find the site where you can book and prepay for the test.   I got my test at 5:51pm and had results around 6:15am the next morning.

The PCR testing site is on the departures the level.  The rapid test is on the arrival level.

Just in case you can't find another solution.