So Many Travel Insurance Options!

Clownfish Cruiser

My husband just went on Medicare. I have BCBS through work. We definitely feel that it's time to add some additional medical coverage when we travel. We travel throughout the US, stay in condos at the beach, travel to the northeastern US by plane to see one of our sons, and we also cruise. We have two cruises booked for 2022. 

Is there such thing as an "all inclusive" travel insurance that provides enough medical coverage/evacuation coverage and also covers trip cancellation (for covered reasons including COVID), flight delays, rental cars, lost baggage, etc.? Do most people have more than one plan? I've just started researching and it's a bit overwhelming! Our next cruise is planned for January, but we're leaving in a week or so for the Florida coast (by car) and I'm looking for trip cancellation mostly for that trip. I'd rather not buy the insurance each time we travel and would like to know if there's a good annual plan that encompasses everything. 

You are right that it can be overwhelming. Since you are interested in an annual plan with cancellation, start by looking at Allianz. Their website will explain the plans available to you as well as any limitations/accommodations relating to Covid.

One thing to know is that the dollar limits for cancellation are rather low, and they apply for the term of the policy so it is possible that one claim could meet the limit for the year.

Another company that is mentioned often is GeoBlue, but it covers you only when you are out of the country and does not offer cancellation. That is true of most annual plans so they would be of little use for your travels in the US.

I’m not sure you’ll find all you are looking for in one policy, but Allianz is a place to start. Others here who have more experience with annual plans may have additional insight. This board does not get a lot of traffic so check back from time to time for new posts on your question.