Covid test at Heathrow (LHR)?

phabric

I know that testing now might not be the same in the future.

I am trying to plan for all the tests we need to enter May 24 and leave June 14 Britain.  

I know we will need a Day 2 test on Thursday May 26 presently Canada is in the Green.  We will be in Winchester and I think there is a place there to do and that test would be good for the ship’s requirements 

We leave the ship on Saturday from Southampton and fly back to Canada on Tuesday from LHR (terminal 5) at 5pm.

Presently, we need a PCR test to return to Canada.  Presently, Princess is offering Covid testing for people that need it to return to their country.

I don’t know if Princess would do Covid test on disembarkment day Saturday and since we are not flying until the Tuesday if they even do it?

We are staying at Premier Inn Waterloo from Saturday to Tuesday.  We might have to find a place near there to do the test?

We have until final payment in Feb to decide to cruise for May/June.

Hopefully things will change by then.

There are strong indications of a major revision to the travel testing requirements by 1 October, so I really wouldn’t worry about this for the next few weeks at all (and preferably not until next year!) 

In fact, I’d go as far as to say that making plans under  the current system might lead to confusion or error under the system applicable in eight months time. 

I have no doubt that provided the travel you want to do is allowable, you will have easy access to the necessary testing. 

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

• 3 weeks later...

We used the Covid testing facility at Heathrow Terminal 2 the day prior to our return to the U.S.  We were staying at the Hilton Garden Inn connected to T2, so the site was a five minute walk from the hotel.  Tests are reserved and paid for online, so you have a specific time slot.  The process was quick--we were in and out in 10 minutes, and received our results by email in less than an hour.  The Lateral Antigen test for return to the U.S. was GBP 35, which was a standard price compared to labs in the city.  Definitely an easy process, and they do a high volume of tests.