AA - First Class Cocktails

BoozinCroozin

When we normally fly, we fly SWA. From a canceled cruise, we were booked on American because they had direct flights and a good price. We had to use the vouchers by the end of 2021. We booked First Class for the flight down to MCO from RDU just to use all of the voucher. From what I have read, First Class still receives complimentary cocktails. Not that we plan to drink a lot, but with a 6PM flight and getting in at 10PM, it will be nice to have a few cocktails.

If anyone has flown AA and First Class, are they serving alcohol still?

Thanks for confirming. We have a 2-leg trip and both are about 90 minutes. At least this way I can start my cruise vacation with a few cocktails. I forgot to ask our friend that is a FC Stewardess the other day when we saw her. We asked if there was a chance for her to be on our flight, but unlikely. She most does international FC.

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

In 1970 she might have been a Stewardess. In 2021, she is a professional Flight Attendant.

Stewardesses served their customers.  Professional flight attendants are there for your safety and to enforce mask mandates.  You can find them in any galley.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Host Mike said:

If the one leg of that is RDU to CLT, I wouldn't expect much there.  Wheels up to down is very short.

I've not done RDU-CLT since the pandemic but have flown it in F a few times. The inflight service routine can vary quite a bit.

Sometimes during the pre-departure drink run the FAs would ask what I'd like to drink airborne. Sometimes on smaller F cabins (AA have quite a few A319s with just 8 F seats) they'll find time to do something aloft in the traditional sense. 

Yes the first leg is RDU-CLT. I know it is short, but maybe I can get one then. 

Another question (you can tell I am not an air traveler often), do we get access to the Admiral's Lounge with FC tickets? Only asking because I need to make sure wife has some food in her being diabetic.

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Yes the first leg is RDU-CLT. I know it is short, but maybe I can get one then. 

Another question (you can tell I am not an air traveler often), do we get access to the Admiral's Lounge with FC tickets? Only asking because I need to make sure wife has some food in her being diabetic.

I would strongly suggest bringing along some snack bars or packets of whatever types of food that she might need.  You could pack things that are not already in single serving packages in baggies, etc.

We always do this, in case flights are delayed, etc., or there suddenly isn't enough food catered on the flight (it's happened...), or simply that the food is something that might trigger an allergy, etc.

For anyone with a serious medical need, it's even more important.

GC

• Like 1