Jump to content

Massage near port


Brkintx
 Share

Recommended Posts

After looking at the pretty inflated (understatement!!) prices for massage at the spa on ship, I'm wondering if there is a legitimate massage place within walking distance of the cruise port?

I am not interested in anything seedy (or where it's not actually massage therapy).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Brkintx said:

After looking at the pretty inflated (understatement!!) prices for massage at the spa on ship, I'm wondering if there is a legitimate massage place within walking distance of the cruise port?

I am not interested in anything seedy (or where it's not actually massage therapy).

 


That would depend greatly on which port you are docking at? Cruise line? 
 

Most people settle for massages on the beach at beach clubs but you cant walk to most of those from any pier. 
 

Do you plan to do anything else for the day?

Edited by c-leg5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good point. Carnival…  I forget there is another port. 
Seems like I remember a mall / casino / etc. roughly across the street…

I’ve read about them at Mr. Sanchos and similar, but as we're both not really drinkers, adding the cost of admission just to access spa services seems silly…  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brkintx said:

Good point. Carnival…  I forget there is another port. 
Seems like I remember a mall / casino / etc. roughly across the street…

I’ve read about them at Mr. Sanchos and similar, but as we're both not really drinkers, adding the cost of admission just to access spa services seems silly…  

 

There are actually 3 piers. 
 

I have never been to Puerta Maya so I don’t know if there are any facilities within  the port or even if they are open at this time. Most business around the ports closed down and I don’t know how much has reopened around Puerta Maya and International.

 

I don’t have any personal experience of massage services but a google search for “massage near Puerta Maya” brings up 3. There are definitely facilities at El Cid and Park Royal but I doubt they are any cheaper than the ship and you would probably have to buy a day pass to access. Many beach clubs, including Sanchos, operate on a PAYG basis and wouldn’t require entry fee, or AI. 

 

If you want just a dedicated spa more choices by getting a taxi to town. Google “spa Cozumel” or try TA Cozumel forum.


 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Crew Drydock is located in a building across the street from the Puerto Maya Pier area.  They are WONDERFUL!  You have to climb a flight of stair to get in there but the decor inside is beautiful and I have never had a better massage for a great price! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

Crew Drydock is located in a building across the street from the Puerto Maya Pier area.  They are WONDERFUL!  You have to climb a flight of stair to get in there but the decor inside is beautiful and I have never had a better massage for a great price! 

Am I safe in assuming that a place called "Crew Drydock" is not a crew only establishment?  (Heading back to Cozumel on a December cruise...) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Brkintx said:

Am I safe in assuming that a place called "Crew Drydock" is not a crew only establishment?  (Heading back to Cozumel on a December cruise...) 

Yes, they welcome cruise guests!  Enjoy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...