Haven Sundeck or Vibe?

nhtravels

Sorry if this has been asked and answered - 

We have two upcoming cruises (Jan and Feb) in the Haven.  Is there bar service on the sundeck?  Or should we plan Vibe passes?  We have only sailed in the Haven before, but we didn't use the pool/sundeck area during the day, as our family didn't have Haven access.   I plan to just lay on the deck... with the upgraded drink package and a good book, while finally getting back to sea!

Also there is a limited snack/lunch menu with burgers, chicken wrap, fries, hot dog( delicious) etc. If you let the Haven bar know that you are going up to the sun deck, you can put in an order for drinks on your way up. It is a wonderful peaceful area unless there are some gabbers in the hot tub.😁

• Like 1

Thanks!  Maybe we'll split the difference!  One cruise we'll Vibe it up and one will be a more laid back Haven all the time.  I don't mind walking to to the Haven bar.  But some of the Vibe threads make it seem like a can't miss experience.

I prefer to have access to both.

We had VIBEpasses on our cruise on the Breakaway and the best day on the cruise was when we spent lots of time there and drank a bucket of beer. We should have been in Puerto Rico that day but that stop was cancelled and we got an extra seaday instead.

The Haven sundeck was too quite and the "public" sundeck was too crowded so VIBE was perfect for us.

We also liked the hot tub and bar in VIBE and that wasn't available on the Haven sundeck. 

13 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Question I don't see which ship you are on? Where are you sailing from?

That may make a difference. The Gem and others don't have a Haven bar. The Getaway and others have a Haven bar . All open sun decks will be very cold for if your sailing from NYC.

If you look at the OP's signature, you will see that their 2 cruises are on the Encore and the Bliss, both of which have Haven bars.

15 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

That may make a difference. The Gem and others don't have a Haven bar. The Getaway and others have a Haven bar . All open sun decks will be very cold for if your sailing from NYC.

The small ships also do not have a Vibe/Posh Club. 

13 hours ago, nhtravels said:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered - 

We have two upcoming cruises (Jan and Feb) in the Haven.  Is there bar service on the sundeck?  Or should we plan Vibe passes?  We have only sailed in the Haven before, but we didn't use the pool/sundeck area during the day, as our family didn't have Haven access.   I plan to just lay on the deck... with the upgraded drink package and a good book, while finally getting back to sea!

If you are in the Haven, having a Vibe pass would be a waste of money. There is bar service in the Haven. And the sun decks are literally 2 inches apart separated by a door. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Also for people other than the OP reading this, the Epic does not have a Vibe but has Posh instead.   Very similar.   Difference is that Posh is included with the Haven but can not be purchased separately.   Best of both worlds!

Given the VIBE's huge price increases ($59-$99-$209) in rapid succession before the shut down, I would have suggested the VIBE (for $59).  For $209, no way, no how.  Not remotely worth it.  Especially given you can go to Spice H20 for nearly the same experience.

If you're asking if you need the VIBE if you're in the Haven?  Absolutely not!

The same wait staff and bartenders who are in the VIBE are also right on the other side of the VIBE entrance in the pool area.

4 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

Also for people other than the OP reading this, the Epic does not have a Vibe but has Posh instead.   Very similar.   Difference is that Posh is included with the Haven but can not be purchased separately.   Best of both worlds!

Confused a bit on this. I know on Epic that Haven guests can use Posh for free, but what do you mean can’t be purchased separately? Aren’t there non-Haven people in Posh? I assumed they had to pay to access the Posh area?  One more question, is there a bar in the Posh area on the Epic?

4 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

Difference is that Posh is included with the Haven but can not be purchased separately. 

21 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Aren’t there non-Haven people in Posh? I assumed they had to pay to access the Posh area?

I don't know about now but in the past, they did sell (very limited in number) POSH passes to non-Haven guests. 

21 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

One more question, is there a bar in the Posh area on the Epic?

Yes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7JXiHUWKG0

54 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Confused a bit on this. I know on Epic that Haven guests can use Posh for free, but what do you mean can’t be purchased separately? Aren’t there non-Haven people in Posh? I assumed they had to pay to access the Posh area?  One more question, is there a bar in the Posh area on the Epic?

Posh passes (like Vibe passes) can be purchased by non-Haven Guests. 

Posh Bar

image.png.551912989b1b759c801923c81b57251a.png

image.png.3f284ab057bbf8cc6ef6d14950f1864c.png

• Thanks 1

We always get vibe passes even when staying in the Haven.  The Haven sundeck is quite honestly boring.  The vibe has a party atmosphere and we always make great friends at the Vibe bar.  Although costly, it really makes our cruises so much more fun.

• Like 1

In your original post, you ask the question. Vibe or Haven Sundeck.  You then added you had the upgraded drink program with I assume you meant the "Premium Plus".  Those are my assumptions.

In my opinion only, the Haven Sundeck is better on the larger ships, example Encore, Bliss, Joy.  The reason is both size plus two very large hot tubs.  It usually is in the front of the ship giving a different view then the mid-ship location of the vibe.  The smaller ship and different classed don't have hot tubs on the Haven sundeck.  My example is the Getaway.

Like on many luxury brands, the sundecks don't have bars.  They has servers that roam the area looking to assist guests.  Find one on day one, and tip them.  Let them know you will be in an area and have them touch based with your from time to time.  Folks, please don't give me heat on tipping.  It has fixed many issues on cruises for me.  

Now, the need for the vibe is null.  You don't need a bar, you need a drink.  A server is better then an bar.  You want quiet, you get super quiet in the Haven Sundeck and you paid for it as well.  My advise is get a day pass for the Vibe so you can feel better about the decision.  My opinion is not right or wrong.  It is simply a different strategy.  

Cruise well. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

You don't need a bar, you need a drink.  A server is better then an bar.  You want quiet, you get super quiet in the Haven Sundeck and you paid for it as well.  

For me a bar is much better than a server. When I want a drink I rather go to a bar than wait for someone who walks around taking orders.

I want quite but not always as quite as the Haven sundeck. VIBE was a great option for us on the Breakaway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

For me a bar is much better than a server. When I want a drink I rather go to a bar than wait for someone who walks around taking orders.

I want quite but not always as quite as the Haven sundeck. VIBE was a great option for us on the Breakaway.

The question on the table which I responded to was as I understood it.  The person was already in the Haven and wanted to know if they should also purchase the Vibe Beach Club for privacy.  The key was they were already in the Haven.  In that case, I wanted them to know the information outlined and the only downside was a sever vs a bar.  

If I was not in the Haven, I would ALWAYS buy the Vibe Beach Club.  It is outstanding.  I hope clarified.  

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

The question on the table which I responded to was as I understood it.  The person was already in the Haven and wanted to know if they should also purchase the Vibe Beach Club for privacy.  The key was they were already in the Haven.  In that case, I wanted them to know the information outlined and the only downside was a sever vs a bar.  

If I was not in the Haven, I would ALWAYS buy the Vibe Beach Club.  It is outstanding.  I hope clarified.  

Actually, what I’m about to ask has nothing to do with the Vibe or Haven other than the upgraded drink package and access to the higher end drinks. I know you have traveled extensively with NCL Haven Sthrngary. Would they have the higher end alcohols at the Vibe the way they do at the Haven Bar? I’ve had some liquors at the Haven Bar that I did not have anywhere else on the Breakaway. Mind you, I didn’t even try the Vibe because I was in Haven. I thought it would be paying for something I was already getting in the Haven. Just curious as to the alcohol selection at other parts of the ship. Was wondering because of your extensive experience if you might know? Thanks! 

11 minutes ago, SwimmingDragon said:

Actually, what I’m about to ask has nothing to do with the Vibe or Haven other than the upgraded drink package and access to the higher end drinks. I know you have traveled extensively with NCL Haven Sthrngary. Would they have the higher end alcohols at the Vibe the way they do at the Haven Bar? I’ve had some liquors at the Haven Bar that I did not have anywhere else on the Breakaway. Mind you, I didn’t even try the Vibe because I was in Haven. I thought it would be paying for something I was already getting in the Haven. Just curious as to the alcohol selection at other parts of the ship. Was wondering because of your extensive experience if you might know? Thanks! 

The Vibe has a great selection of high end spirits.  What is funny is, many bars on the NCL ships also have high end spirits.  What the Haven has different are bartenders that can make very unique drinks.  One of my favorite things is to have one of those smoking Manhattans.  The preparation takes 5 minutes or so and is a true show.  I have only seen this in the Haven on a NCL ship.  

We all have to remember, with the Premium Drink Package the brands are very good.  When you look at the Premium Plus Drink package you can have unusual brands. Since anyone can have the "Plus" packager, those brands have to be available through out the ship.  I hope that assists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1