Question about pré cruise testing

chelseabelsea

I am interested in that also, but something tells me that whatever process is used now can and probably will change over the months and depending on the port of embarkation.

Having someone explain what they did to get on the current Splendor would be great.

Important note - many insurance companies (as well as Regent's new policies) require you to test before leaving home to travel to the ship. They want to know you didn't get COVID prior to your vacation.

Then you will also be tested at the pier.

Then you will also be tested at least once on board prior to returning home.

Please verify this information - it changes very quickly and a lot rides on having accurate and current data.

Below is info from Regent regarding our Sept 22 cruise:

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor*,

The Regent Family looks forward to welcoming you aboard soon. As you prepare for your voyage to Southampton, we would like to update you on the Day 2 Test requirements for guests traveling to England from abroad.

Additionally, we would like to provide an update on requirements for the other countries of call during your upcoming voyage.

COVID-19 Day 2 Test Required Within 2 Days of Arriving in England

• All guests are required to schedule an individual COVID-19 test, that must be taken within 2 days of arriving in England.

• You will need this COVID-19 test confirmation number to complete the Passenger Locator Form.

• Regent is offering a complimentary Day 2 Test with our partner Eurofins which will be administered at the pier on the day of embarkation at the same time as the antigen test which is required to board the vessel.

• To register for this test, please follow the instructions in the Eurofins UK Passenger Locator Form Day 2 Test Registration Guide by clicking here.

• Once you register and book, you will use the Eurofins confirmation number to complete your Passenger Locator form, once within 48 hours of your planned arrival in England.

• It is essential that you remember to save and bring with you the email address and password used to register with Eurofins. You will be asked to provide the email address and password when you arrive at the pier to access the Eurofins account to activate the test kit.

• Guests who choose not to use Regent’s complimentary Day 2 Test with Eurofins due to their travel schedule or for other reasons will be responsible for registering for, paying for and completing their Day 2 Test and Regent does not take responsibility.

Additional Requirements by Country

Spain

• All travelers arriving by sea must complete a health declaration form 48 hours prior to travel and present upon arrival in Spain the QR code generated in this form. This form can be found by clicking here.

France

• All travelers over the age of 11, regardless of their country of departure, will be required to download and complete a declaration form and present it to the carrier at boarding and to the border control authorities. The form can be accessed and downloaded by clicking here.

• The PDF form can be found at the bottom of the page.

• Fully vaccinated guests can convert their US vaccination certificate to the UE sanitary pass. Guests may apply individually via the French government website to obtain the pass after 7 days by clicking here.

Portugal

• All travelers must present a completed health declaration form upon boarding. The form can be found by clicking here.

Health & Entry Requirements Services

For guests who wish to receive updates regarding Health & Entry Requirements, we would like to share the following optional resources:

As a reminder, guests traveling to England from countries designated as ‘Amber’ by the UK Government will be required to complete additional steps before arriving in England.

• Part 1 of the APPENDIX outlines these additional steps in more detail.

• Part 2 of the APPENDIX contains specific information to help you complete your pre-departure COVID-19 test within 3 days of departing your home country.

We will be back in touch approximately 3 days prior to your cruise embarkation date to remind you to complete your pre-departure COVID-19 test and to share more detailed instructions to help you complete your Passenger Locator Form for the UK Government. As a reminder, that form can only be completed within 48 hours of your planned arrival in England.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us using the numbers below. Our commitment is to offer you the safest and most enjoyable cruise possible — we are here to help.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

• 2 weeks later...

I also have similar questions as the OP re Regent testing requirements. Regents website says:

• Regent strongly encourages all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR test at home, 3 to 4 days prior to traveling to the ship, as an added precaution. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a COVID-19 Antigen test at home, prior to travel.

Did Regent change its pretesting requirement? The website wording says: strongly encourage vs. “require”. And also says: 3 to 4 days prior to “travelling”.  I thought it was required, not encouraged to get a pre test? Also I thought it was 72 hours prior to departure, not 3 to 4 days. This is not clear enough…is it 3 days or 4 days? Wording seems too loose to me.  
Also, they use the wording “ prior to travelling”…does this mean prior to boarding the ship or prior to your flight? Flight time/day could be different than ship boarding day/time.  All of this should line up with country specific entry requirements which are usually testing 72 hours prior to arrival, not 3 to 4 days.  

If anyone has figured this out, please help!  This is so confusing.

Many thanks 

15 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

I also have similar questions as the OP re Regent testing requirements. Regents website says:

• Regent strongly encourages all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR test at home, 3 to 4 days prior to traveling to the ship, as an added precaution. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a COVID-19 Antigen test at home, prior to travel.

Did Regent change its pretesting requirement? The website wording says: strongly encourage vs. “require”. And also says: 3 to 4 days prior to “travelling”.  I thought it was required, not encouraged to get a pre test? Also I thought it was 72 hours prior to departure, not 3 to 4 days. This is not clear enough…is it 3 days or 4 days? Wording seems too loose to me.  
Also, they use the wording “ prior to travelling”…does this mean prior to boarding the ship or prior to your flight? Flight time/day could be different than ship boarding day/time.  All of this should line up with country specific entry requirements which are usually testing 72 hours prior to arrival, not 3 to 4 days.  

If anyone has figured this out, please help!  This is so confusing.

Many thanks 

Sunprince - You are It definitely correct! The wording is confusing and needs to be "nailed down" far more clearly and without the slightest room for misinterpretation.  The "voluntary" pre-testing regimen/aspect we follow can/will make the difference between us receiving a full refund (or not) from Regent if we happen to "flunk" their terminal administered test on cruise day!

On 9/15/2021 at 7:58 AM, Pcardad said:

Important note - many insurance companies (as well as Regent's new policies) require you to test before leaving home to travel to the ship. They want to know you didn't get COVID prior to your vacation.

Then you will also be tested at the pier.

Then you will also be tested at least once on board prior to returning home.

Please verify this information - it changes very quickly and a lot rides on having accurate and current data.

didn't find anything regarding pre testing before being tested. Is this for passengers going to Europe only or would you have to test before flying to let's say Miami ? 

Thanks Pingpong and Pcardad,  completely agree with your responses.  No reimbursement if no pre-test!  It also must be a PCR test, not Antigen, just so that everyone is clear on that.  I honestly don’t understand Regents pre-test policy. I thought they were taking the “highest standard” which would require not encourage a PCR pre-test.  This is a safer approach. And would avoid guests showing up for embarkation (without a pre-test) being surprised if they actually test positive at embarkation.  Also, I believe Regent is doing Antigen testing at boarding, as we all know an Antigen test can result in a false positive ( have you watched The View lately?), so I am wondering how reliable this is for embarkation which might deny someone boarding with a false positive or alternatively allow someone who falsely tested negative but is actually positive.  

• Like 1

I see no information anywhere that Regent will cover the cost of your cruise if you test positive PRIOR TO BOARDING. I have actually been told that would NOT BE COVERED BY REGENT and is a matter for the insurance company.

The insurance companies want a Covid test BEFORE you leave home for your trip - this way they can assume you are NEGATIVE before the covered period begins.

I have read that Regent will give you a FCC if you have to leave the shup DURING the cruise. However, unless someone shows me something, in writing, I am going with you are on your own if you test positive prior to boarding.

Thank you Pcardad,  I was confusing Regent refund for testing positive while on ship vs. at embarkation.  Have you found the no refund wording anywhere on Regents website? I have looked and and they seem to be silent.  This is another question to add for my TA. Thanks for clarifying this. 

17 hours ago, Sunprince said:

Regent strongly encourages all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR test at home, 3 to 4 days prior to traveling to the ship, as an added precaution.

I'm wondering if the 3-4 days is intentionally vague, since many travellers will have strict 72-hour windows if they're flying into the U.S. or Europe for testing.  That way there's a day of leeway for boarding the ship.

Hello Cruise Critic community! For the sake of clarity, while many countries require a test to arrive (or even board a flight to their country), even for those that do not, we strongly suggest you get tested prior to flying to the ship to avoid travelling while positive. If you test positive at the pier, we will refund your cruise, however if you are not able to provide proof of a negative test result taken prior to leaving home, we will not reimburse your travel expenses between the ship and your home.

More information on these policies including an FAQ can be found here: https://www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Hello Jennifer, can I ask if you are a Regent representative clarifying company policy? Regents health and safety protocols refer to reimbursement of travel expenses but is silent on refund\FCC if testing positive.  On another thread Flossie has posted the T&Cs which does provide clearer language regarding refund. See link below, S5(d)

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2021-04/RegentSevenSeasCruises_TicketContract_042121.pdf

1 hour ago, Sunprince said:

Hello Jennifer, can I ask if you are a Regent representative clarifying company policy? Regents health and safety protocols refer to reimbursement of travel expenses but is silent on refund\FCC if testing positive.  On another thread Flossie has posted the T&Cs which does provide clearer language regarding refund. See link below, S5(d)

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2021-04/RegentSevenSeasCruises_TicketContract_042121.pdf

Sunprince - I believe Jennefer is with Regent.  The similar wording of Jennefer's information can be found (deep down in the weeds) in the "Security Attestation Statement" that we all have to agree to, as one of our final "pre-boarding" online check-in duties.  I think it can also be found under FAQ's at the bottom of the RSSC webpage.  As you say, words do matter!  In the document, it says that an FCC will be issued, "OR a full refund as provided by law"....IF we can show documented proof of a negative "registered" test result shortly (maybe within 72 hours - I forget) before leaving for our cruise.  It is more than just a (limited) cash reimbursement for our travel expenses (found in a different paragraph of the attestation statement).

A bit more documented clarification of this by Regent would be most helpful and reassuring.  Regards.

1 hour ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

Hello Cruise Critic community! For the sake of clarity, while many countries require a test to arrive (or even board a flight to their country), even for those that do not, we strongly suggest you get tested prior to flying to the ship to avoid travelling while positive. If you test positive at the pier, we will refund your cruise, however if you are not able to provide proof of a negative test result taken prior to leaving home, we will not reimburse your travel expenses between the ship and your home.

More information on these policies including an FAQ can be found here: https://www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols 

I've asked this question to 3 Regent employees and all have written back that there will be no FCC issues if you test positive prior to boarding. I would love to see this in writing. 

34 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I've asked this question to 3 Regent employees and all have written back that there will be no FCC issues if you test positive prior to boarding. I would love to see this in writing. 

“f. Known or Suspected COVID-19 Case Before Boarding. You agree that if at any time within 14 days prior to scheduled embarkation, You test positive for COVID-19, exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19, have had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or We otherwise determine in Our sole discretion that You are unfit to board because of any communicable illness, We will deny You boarding. Under these circumstances, unless We determine that You have failed to comply with Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract, if You are denied boarding because of a known or suspected infection with COVID-19, You will be entitled to a future cruise credit equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, or if required by law, a refund equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, subject to Your providing verification satisfactory to Us of results of tests administered by providers other than those retained by Us. Under no circumstances shall We have any other liability for any compensation or other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to compensation for lodging or travel.”

1 minute ago, pingpong1 said:

“f. Known or Suspected COVID-19 Case Before Boarding. You agree that if at any time within 14 days prior to scheduled embarkation, You test positive for COVID-19, exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19, have had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or We otherwise determine in Our sole discretion that You are unfit to board because of any communicable illness, We will deny You boarding. Under these circumstances, unless We determine that You have failed to comply with Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract, if You are denied boarding because of a known or suspected infection with COVID-19, You will be entitled to a future cruise credit equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, or if required by law, a refund equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, subject to Your providing verification satisfactory to Us of results of tests administered by providers other than those retained by Us. Under no circumstances shall We have any other liability for any compensation or other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to compensation for lodging or travel.”

Thank you! I greatly appreciate it. I just don't understand why they can't give us a straight answer. I have had people cancel trips because of the wrong answers I received in writing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Thank you! I greatly appreciate it. I just don't understand why they can't give us a straight answer. I have had people cancel trips because of the wrong answers I received in writing.

Pcardad - Glad to help.  You can find it online at https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2021-04/RegentSevenSeasCruises_TicketContract_042121.pdf

Para 5: PUBLIC HEALTH ACKOWLEDGEMENT, SECTION f.

5 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

Pcardad - Glad to help.  You can find it online at https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2021-04/RegentSevenSeasCruises_TicketContract_042121.pdf

Para 5: PUBLIC HEALTH ACKOWLEDGEMENT, SECTION f.

Its too bad the FAQ on the website doesn't say the same thing. A common message in times like this is an easy PR win.

47 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Its too bad the FAQ on the website doesn't say the same thing. A common message in times like this is an easy PR win.

Yes, I think exactly the same thing!  It took a bit of hunting to find this.  It was not clearly stated and printable on the RSSC FAQ's.  There are also some specific requirements that need to be met (on the part of the individuals) to fulfill Regent's fare reimbursement requirement.  They can't simply buy a "do-it-yourself-test-at-home", read it by themselves, and then just tell Regent, "Yup, I'm positive and I want my money back".

It has to be a "registered test" (if done at home, the actual testing and results have to be "witnessed/certified" by a healthcare professional via "Zoom", etc.) or it has to be done in person at a pharmacy or other medical facility, again...with the "positive" test results independently verified and then sent to Regent for processing/reimbursement.  And the timing for all of this is important, too. 

It’s also important to ensure that the language of the Ticket Contract does not conflict with the Sailsafe Health & Safety Program section of the website. The Ticket Contract expressly provides that if there is a conflict, the language of the website controls.

Dave

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

It’s also important to ensure that the language of the Ticket Contract does not conflict with the Sailsafe Health & Safety Program section of the website. The Ticket Contract expressly provides that if there is a conflict, the language of the website controls.

Dave

If this is true then there is no FCC given for a positive pre-boarding.