Question about pré cruise testing

chelseabelsea

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If this is true then there is no FCC given for a positive pre-boarding.

...Or even a cash refund for the fare (only the transportation cost "might" seem to be reimbursable)....Correct??  Pcardad - I hope you've got lots of good/solid contacts at Regent to "de-conflict" all of this!  Passengers simply need to know what it is, they're "supposed to do", "have to do", "can do", before they're forced to sign pre-cruise forms that are not understandable to the average person regarding pre-cruise testing, etc., and what their actual "rights & responsibilities" are.  Most passengers aren't lawyers, either!  It need's to all be laid out in clear, concise, understandable language.  Regards.

4 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

...Or even a cash refund for the fare (only the transportation cost "might" seem to be reimbursable)....Correct??  Pcardad - I hope you've got lots of good/solid contacts at Regent to "de-conflict" all of this!  Passengers simply need to know what it is, they're "supposed to do", "have to do", "can do", before they're forced to sign pre-cruise forms that are not understandable to the average person regarding pre-cruise testing, etc., and what their actual "rights & responsibilities" are.  Most passengers aren't lawyers, either!  It need's to all be laid out in clear, concise, understandable language.  Regards.

I have no idea - I wish I did.

5 hours ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

Hello Cruise Critic community! For the sake of clarity, while many countries require a test to arrive (or even board a flight to their country), even for those that do not, we strongly suggest you get tested prior to flying to the ship to avoid travelling while positive. If you test positive at the pier, we will refund your cruise, however if you are not able to provide proof of a negative test result taken prior to leaving home, we will not reimburse your travel expenses between the ship and your home.

More information on these policies including an FAQ can be found here: https://www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols 

Jennifer,

Extremely concerned over what and how you posted.  In the past Regent employees posting as Regent employees have their identity confirmed on all their posts and without that no way to know for sure if you are posting officially for Regent or a non Regent person posting their interpretation.

Further assuming you are a Regent official and posting officially for Regent you clearly state that passengers with be refunded for their cruise no matter testing before leaving home or not and travel expenses to the pier will not be reimbursed without proof of a negative test taken prior to leaving home.  Unfortunately this conflicts with what pingpong 1 posted in post 18 where he quotes a Regent document which states that your will get an FCC, not the refund you state, and a refund only if required by law.  Travel expenses not mentioned.

Appreciate a clarification as your post clearly conflicts with pingpong1's post 18 quoting a Regent document  

As other have stated the customers need a single document that covers the COVID issues and not a document here or there many times difficult to find or company employees saying this or that and the inconsistencies of many of these documents and Regent employees.  People need the facts in order to make informed decisions and depending on where they look or who they talk to possible to get the wrong answer which can lead to the loss of tens of thousands of dollars thru no fault of the passenger.

If you are not a Regent employee speaking officially, never mind.

Thanks,

Edited by rallydave
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If this is true then there is no FCC given for a positive pre-boarding.

I don’t believe you are correct. As I read it, the language of the website does not address FCC’s or a refund for a positive test pre-boarding. Thus, there is no conflict and the language of the ticket contract controls. Section 5f of the ticket contract, as set forth above, provides for a FCC or a refund if certain conditions are met.

Dave

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

I don’t believe you are correct. As I read it, the language of the website does not address FCC’s or a refund for a positive test pre-boarding. Thus, there is no conflict and the language of the ticket contract controls. Section 5f of the ticket contract, as set forth above, provides for a FCC or a refund if certain conditions are met.

Dave

Dave,

While you are correct that the Ticket Contract Rules, having documents and website postings that do not reflect what is in the ticket contract can cause significant issues.  Not many people actually read the ticket contract and rely on what is in writing on the website as well in documents they are requested to sign.

People, as Pcardad often states should phone Regent to get the correct answer and with conflicting information available in multiple documents it is difficult to even take the word of a Regent representative who may be confused and accidently give out incorrect information.

Thus the need to put all of the requirements, rules, etc. in a single document which the Ticket Contract is supposed to represent as appears different documents abound with different information.

8 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Dave

I have 2 emails from Regent telling me that a positive before boarding is an insurance matter. There is nothing I would like more than to be wrong.

I think the issue is just that this is such a confusing situation and everyone is confused and no one wants to overstep. My entire history with this company has been positive and I am willing to trust them...but I sure would like to see a definitive written policy.

And I should add this....this is such an AMAZING OPPORTUNITY for Regent to step forward and MAKE A DIFFERENCE by clarifying this policy! It would cost them nothing and the goodwill it would generate would be immense! Hopefully they will take advantage of this opportunity and not let it slip through their fingers.

• Like 3

Exactly, DaveFr. This is also how I read the T&Cs. I would not have found this unless Flossie had provided an update in another thread. Then I read what Jennefir posted on this thread and wondered if that was an official Regent post since she used the word "we", but with only 2 CC posts under her profile and no corporate identifier, I was not sure. 

Also, for additional clarity, The T&Cs refer to a pre-test requirement of 72 hours (for refund/FCC in case of a positive test prior to embarkation) BUT the website refers to "strongly encourage" a pre-test 3 to 4 days. So that is another confusing discrepancy. As you said, the website prevails...but the website does not cover refunds so then I can only assume the T&C prevails with respect to the 72 hour pre-test requirement.  Agree with everyone...why can't all of this be clearly disclosed upfront in one consolidated document, front and centre on the website. 

We agree with the many previous posts. Regent needs to clarify what their legalize really means. 

For example: Is it 72 hours prior to your flight to Miami for your precruise night or is it 72 hours before you board the ship?

Is a rapid PCR test acceptable to Regent done in a Lab?

If you test positive just before you board the ship after testing negative 72 hours earlier what determines whether you get a FCC or a full refund?

Please answer these questions in simple English.

23 hours ago, Sunprince said:

Hello Jennifer, can I ask if you are a Regent representative clarifying company policy? Regents health and safety protocols refer to reimbursement of travel expenses but is silent on refund\FCC if testing positive.  On another thread Flossie has posted the T&Cs which does provide clearer language regarding refund. See link below, S5(d)

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2021-04/RegentSevenSeasCruises_TicketContract_042121.pdf

Hi, 

Yes I am the Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty. I will ensure my CC account is verified. To avoid any confusion, I can confirm that if you test positive prior to leaving home within three days of embarkation and have to cancel, or you test positive at the pier the day of embarkation, you should submit a claim to your insurance provider. If your insurance provider denies your claim, or if you do not have insurance, you may submit proof of the denial of claim along with the positive test from a registered provider, and we will refund your cruise fare. We are going to add an FAQ to the website to ensure this is clear. Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!

Jennefer Teegen | Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty
P: +1 954.940.7217 | C: 352.870.8279

jteegen@rssc.com| www.rssc.com

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

7300 Corporate Drive, Miami  FL 33126

Edited by Jennefer Teegen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

Hi, 

Yes I am the Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty. I will ensure my CC account is verified. To avoid any confusion, I can confirm that if you test positive prior to leaving home within three days of embarkation and have to cancel, or you test positive at the pier the day of embarkation, you should submit a claim to your insurance provider. If your insurance provider denies your claim, or if you do not have insurance, you may submit proof of the denial of claim along with the positive test from a registered provider, and we will refund your cruise fare. We are going to add an FAQ to the website to ensure this is clear. Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!

Jennefer Teegen | Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty
P: +1 954.940.7217 | 😄 352.870.8279

jteegen@rssc.com| www.rssc.com

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

7300 Corporate Drive, Miami  FL 33126

Thank you!

We have been trying to get this info for a very long time.

What kind of test do you require prior to leaving home?

Well, it is clearer - still questions to be answered.

What test is required?

Who is a registered provider?

Is a test required prior to leaving home?

Can I just show up at the pier, test positive and have Regent issue me a FCC if I do not have insurance?

2 hours ago, Jennefer Teegen said:

We are going to add an FAQ to the website to ensure this is clear. Let us know if you have furthe

Thanks Jennefer for registering and confirming your responsibilities.  While it will be great to add a FAQ to the website, that does not fully solve the issue.  Contractually a FAQ has no authority.  Contractually and legally only the ticket contract has anny authority and needs to contain all requirements and who has to do what.

The FAQ's are nice but, do not have any authority.  Please do the FAQ and as well go thru the website as well as all documents and make sure they are consistent with lthe Ticket Contract and that the Ticket Contract is accurate and covers all issues.

I understand sailing with COVID is in a constant state of flux however as things change the Ticket Contract needs to be constantly updated and you need to avod creating new documents or website postings that conflict with the Ticket Contract.  And as things change the FAQ's need to be updated as well.  Sure your lawyers will agree and support this process

Not a lawyer nor writing as one.

Thanks,

Many of us choose to "self-Insure".  But even so, if Regent is providing reimbursement to/by one's insurance company for a "denied" boarding due to a positive Covid test at pier-side, then reimbursement (and please remember, there's two different forms of "reimbursement"...an FCC or Cash) should also be provided to those of us who "self-insure", as well.  I "think" it is, if you read the wording in the Ticket Contract (which I provided earlier), but some of the posters have been referring to an "FFC or nothing" reimbursement/situation.  We have to get this all "straight" and clearly understand it so we know exactly what "the definitive rules" are.

Many of us are now withing a 2-3 month window of our cruises and need to know what definitive actions we might have to take.

I also Thank Jennefer Teegen very much for her positive engagement and weighing in on the subject!  I'm looking forward very much to getting more clarification on this (as opposed to some further language that only makes it even more confusing! 🙄  Regards to All.

1 hour ago, pingpong1 said:

Many of us choose to "self-Insure".  But even so, if Regent is providing reimbursement to/by one's insurance company for a "denied" boarding due to a positive Covid test at pier-side, then reimbursement (and please remember, there's two different forms of "reimbursement"...an FCC or Cash) should also be provided to those of us who "self-insure", as well.  I "think" it is, if you read the wording in the Ticket Contract (which I provided earlier), but some of the posters have been referring to an "FFC or nothing" reimbursement/situation.  We have to get this all "straight" and clearly understand it so we know exactly what "the definitive rules" are.

Many of us are now withing a 2-3 month window of our cruises and need to know what definitive actions we might have to take.

I also Thank Jennefer Teegen very much for her positive engagement and weighing in on the subject!  I'm looking forward very much to getting more clarification on this (as opposed to some further language that only makes it even more confusing! 🙄  Regards to All.

pingpong1, here’s updated language from the FAQ on the website Sailsafe section:

If I cannot sail because I test positive for COVID-19 within three (3) days of travelling to the ship, or at the pier the day of embarkation, will I receive a refund?
Guests who must cancel their cruise within three (3) days of travelling to the ship due to a positive COVID-19 test prior to leaving home, or those that test positive for COVID-19 at the pier prior to embarkation and are denied boarding, should submit an insurance claim. For guests whose claims are denied or who do not have insurance, proof of claim denial from insurance carrier and proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from a registered test provider (including the test administered at the pier) are to be submitted to guestrelations@rssc.com within three (3) months from the scheduled voyage end date, and Regent will provide a Future Cruise Credit (FCC); the FCC will post to the guest’s account within 30 days. The Future Cruise Credit can be applied to any reservation within one (1) year on any Regent voyage departing within two (2) years. Alternatively, guest may request a monetary refund to the original form of payment** on file by sending an email to guestrelations@rssc.com within three (3) months from the scheduled voyage end date. Guests who violated RSSC’s Health & Safety protocols and/or local authority regulations/procedures will receive no refunds or credits whatsoever. ** If any portion of the booking has previously applied Future Cruise Credits, those Future Cruise Credits will be reinstated to the guest’s account and are non-refundable.”

It’s not crystal clear but it looks like Regent  will refund or issue FCC to those who are self insured. However, keep in mind that if you used a credit card such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, you do have some insurance.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

Thanks Jennefer for registering and confirming your responsibilities.  While it will be great to add a FAQ to the website, that does not fully solve the issue.  Contractually a FAQ has no authority.  Contractually and legally only the ticket contract has anny authority and needs to contain all requirements and who has to do what.

The FAQ's are nice but, do not have any authority.  Please do the FAQ and as well go thru the website as well as all documents and make sure they are consistent with lthe Ticket Contract and that the Ticket Contract is accurate and covers all issues.

I understand sailing with COVID is in a constant state of flux however as things change the Ticket Contract needs to be constantly updated and you need to avod creating new documents or website postings that conflict with the Ticket Contract.  And as things change the FAQ's need to be updated as well.  Sure your lawyers will agree and support this process

Not a lawyer nor writing as one.

Thanks,

Dave, section 1 of the ticket contract provides in part: “In addition, in the event of any conflict between the COVID-19 policies, procedures and conditions set forth in Clause 5 or elsewhere herein and as those policies, procedures and conditions are set forth at www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols, the website controls.” 

The website link in the Ticket Contract is to a portion of the website that includes the Sailsafe FAQs mentioned by Jennefer. So the website language, including the FAQs, has been incorporated in the Ticket Contract. Thus, there is no need to modify the Ticket Contract. Frequently modifying the ticket contract could be a logistical nightmare as it might be necessary to have all passengers acknowledge and agree to the modifications.

Dave

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Dave, section 1 of the ticket contract provides in part: “In addition, in the event of any conflict between the COVID-19 policies, procedures and conditions set forth in Clause 5 or elsewhere herein and as those policies, procedures and conditions are set forth at www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols, the website controls.” 

The website link in the Ticket Contract is to a portion of the website that includes the Sailsafe FAQs mentioned by Jennefer. So the website language, including the FAQs, has been incorporated in the Ticket Contract. Thus, there is no need to modify the Ticket Contract. Frequently modifying the ticket contract could be a logistical nightmare as it might be necessary to have all passengers acknowledge and agree to the modification

Dave

Thanks for that Dave.  Did not know of that part of section 1.  That said, we do have examples on this thread from Jennifer and Pcardad where Jennifer posted in her original post incorrect information regarding refunds and Pcardad stated he has it in writing from his Regent contacts differences from the Ticket Contract/www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols.  Also believe but, not sure other portions of the website have information that may contradict the applicable rules.

Thus it is necessary to make sure only correct informaton in accordance with the applicable rules is posted sent out in writing or verbaly.  So many different interpretations confuse everone incuding Regent.

Thanks again for that information.  Really helps but, still work to go IMHO.

Now I'm confused again! Just re-read the ticket contract and the wording has changed. No reference to 72 hours (but 14 days is still there), see bolded wording below from the RSSC Legal webpage. IMO, this wording is more generic and less clear on the specifics. Also not sure what "required by law" means?

f. Known or Suspected COVID-19 Case Before Boarding. You agree that if at any time within 14 days prior to scheduled embarkation, You test positive for COVID-19, exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19, have had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or We otherwise determine in Our sole discretion that You are unfit to board because of any communicable illness, We will deny You boarding. Under these circumstances, unless We determine that You have failed to comply with Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract, if You are denied boarding because of a known or suspected infection with COVID-19, You will be entitled to a future cruise credit equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, or if required by law, a refund equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, subject to Your providing verification satisfactory to Us of results of tests administered by providers other than those retained by Us. Under no circumstances shall We have any other liability for any compensation or other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to compensation for lodging or travel.

13 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

Now I'm confused again! Just re-read the ticket contract and the wording has changed. No reference to 72 hours (but 14 days is still there), see bolded wording below from the RSSC Legal webpage. IMO, this wording is more generic and less clear on the specifics. Also not sure what "required by law" means?

f. Known or Suspected COVID-19 Case Before Boarding. You agree that if at any time within 14 days prior to scheduled embarkation, You test positive for COVID-19, exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19, have had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or We otherwise determine in Our sole discretion that You are unfit to board because of any communicable illness, We will deny You boarding. Under these circumstances, unless We determine that You have failed to comply with Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract, if You are denied boarding because of a known or suspected infection with COVID-19, You will be entitled to a future cruise credit equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, or if required by law, a refund equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, subject to Your providing verification satisfactory to Us of results of tests administered by providers other than those retained by Us. Under no circumstances shall We have any other liability for any compensation or other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to compensation for lodging or travel.

...subject to Your providing verification satisfactory to Us of results of tests administered by providers other than those retained by Us.

So Regent's own test results are not legally enough to entitle a person with a Positive Covid result to obtain a refund from Regent?

Edited by Pcardad