Vacacination Card

billyd21

Im getting mixed answers If anyone has been on a cruise w carnival in past few weeks Was the vacaination card from CDC good enough w a neagtive covid test results to board or do you need certificate of vacaination along w CDC card they both say the same thing???

9 minutes ago, billyd21 said:

Im getting mixed answers If anyone has been on a cruise w carnival in past few weeks Was the vacaination card from CDC good enough w a neagtive covid test results to board or do you need certificate of vacaination along w CDC card they both say the same thing???

You need a negative result from test within 48 hours of cruise and the little white card you got when you were vaccinated, showing date(s) of shot(s). Pfizer and Moderna should show both shots at least 14 days before cruise; J&J/Jannsen shows single dose.

• Like 3

I have no idea where your confusion is coming from.  Original CDC vax card and a printout of the negative test result.  All the info is detailed on the Carnival web site. It's really quite clear.  And as mondello stated, your Covid test needs to be within 2 days of sailing.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, sanger727 said:

You don't need a certificate of vaccination. You need the CDC card the negative test result. 

You do need the original vax card with vax lot information, date of vax, your name, birthdate and contact information of vax provider.

Edited by Elaine5715

8 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

You do need the original vax card with vax lot information, date of vax, your name, birthdate and contact information of vax provider.

I did mine at one of the drive through locations ran by the National Guard or Army. My wife had hers done at Walmart. Neither CDC card has the provider or contact info for the provider. Not sure where that came from.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rawley2 said:

I did mine at one of the drive through locations ran by the National Guard or Army. My wife had hers done at Walmart. Neither CDC card has the provider or contact info for the provider. Not sure where that came from.

My card doesn't have provider info either.  It has the place vaccinated as YMCA but the clinic was run by the Regional Medical Center. 

17 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

image.thumb.png.6df0b4b66c58ceaab906d31d78e0076c.png

They recommend it. They don't require it. We both got ours almost as soon as the regular public could in Mississippi, and they are real cards without that info. Mine was done in the mall parking lot. My wifes reads nothing about Walmart anyplace.

13 hours ago, rawley2 said:

They recommend it. They don't require it. We both got ours almost as soon as the regular public could in Mississippi, and they are real cards without that info. Mine was done in the mall parking lot. My wifes reads nothing about Walmart anyplace.

You want to take the chance someone at the terminal decides they want that information? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

No one asked me for the provider information on last cruise.  If asked it would be easy to google the phone number.

This.  And I would NOT write any of that info on the card (or write anything at all on that card) , just have it handy.  

23 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

You want to take the chance someone at the terminal decides they want that information? 

What exactly are you suggesting people bring. Most everyone in the US has a CDC card and nothing else. The CDC card does not list contact information for who gave the shot. I've seen cards that have very very little description on who gave the shot (ie, they got it at work but it was actually dispensed by Walgreens - but nowhere on the card does it say walgreens). People only have what they have.

Not sure if this will help anything or anyone BUT......my husband lost his little white card they gave him when he was vaccinated. I called many places where I thought I could/would get a copy. ENDS UP All I needed to do was Call My Local Health Department. I called them and they said his vaccine info was on IMMTRAC.....They gave my husband a copy the next day (only asked for his name & DOB). This paper has all the info on there his name, DOB, place & dates where he got the vaccine etc. As someone mentioned earlier.....none of this info is on the little white card. I'm getting a copy of mine from them as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

No choice but to take a chance. LOL  That's all the info on the cards from the CDC. The same cards other Americans are using to travel all over the world.

23 minutes ago, LollyR said:

Not sure if this will help anything or anyone BUT......my husband lost his little white card they gave him when he was vaccinated. I called many places where I thought I could/would get a copy. ENDS UP All I needed to do was Call My Local Health Department. I called them and they said his vaccine info was on IMMTRAC.....They gave my husband a copy the next day (only asked for his name & DOB). This paper has all the info on there his name, DOB, place & dates where he got the vaccine etc. As someone mentioned earlier.....none of this info is on the little white card. I'm getting a copy of mine from them as well. 

This is how carnival can check if they think you have a fake card. 

14 hours ago, deantond said:

IMMTRAC is just for Texas or for every state? do they run and verify your info? I think that is a Hippa violation...

I think IMMTRAC is Texas specific but all states should have a state wide database of immunizations. I don’t think this a HIPAA violation any more than getting a positive Covid test and that getting reported to the local health department. I believe there is also a database for that as well. I know because we would have employees who reported Covid exposures (which meant that they got time off for free to quarantine) and the health department was able to check a database and confirm that the person they reported as exposing them did, in fact, test positive. 

This also seems like it would be a HIPAA violation, maybe the emergency orders due to a pandemic allow it? 

Either way, as this person stated, there are really good reasons for vaccinations to be in a database accessible by health departments.

1 hour ago, redsox1584 said:

I presented my CDC card and negative results yesterday and had absolutely no issues. They were very careful in making sure the name and birthdate matched but they didn’t question the validity of my documents. 

Yep.  Standard procedure for 999 out of 1,000. We purchased and use a leather Passport holder that contains all three documents including our Passport.  Easy.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 1:12 PM, dallasdan said:

No one asked me for the provider information on last cruise.  If asked it would be easy to google the phone number.

On 9/16/2021 at 1:19 PM, rlindholm said:

This.  And I would NOT write any of that info on the card (or write anything at all on that card) , just have it handy.  

On 9/16/2021 at 1:36 PM, sanger727 said:

What exactly are you suggesting people bring. Most everyone in the US has a CDC card and nothing else. The CDC card does not list contact information for who gave the shot. I've seen cards that have very very little description on who gave the shot (ie, they got it at work but it was actually dispensed by Walgreens - but nowhere on the card does it say walgreens). People only have what they have.

On 9/16/2021 at 2:58 PM, rawley2 said:

No choice but to take a chance. LOL  That's all the info on the cards from the CDC. The same cards other Americans are using to travel all over the world.

This is how carnival can check if they think you have a fake card. 

Carnival is who says to have the vax provider information handy.  image.png.a0fc0fcc3096ef33a4189e91f0559306.png

On 9/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, LollyR said:

Thanks, good info.

Edited by need2cruisesoon

45 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Carnival is who says to have the vax provider information handy.  image.png.a0fc0fcc3096ef33a4189e91f0559306.png

No one is disputing that.  As others have said, knowing how to reach the pharmacy, etc. is useful info to have handy. I looked up my own info on my phone prior to traveling just to assure myself I could.  That'll suffice.