No FVC if I’m positive?

barbiecruiser27

7 hours ago, barbiecruiser27 said:

Am I reading this right? If US sailings have to test at the port, and I’m positive, I won’t receive any future credits or refunds? 

NO.. You would get credit...I have read it somewhere. It would probably be illegal for them not to...

Because virgin hasn’t published anything. I don’t think it’s safe to assume you’ll get a credit when I can’t find any verbiage on it. Only thing I can find is that you have flexibility up to 48 hours prior. All other cruise lines clearly state you’ll get a refund if you cannot board.  Also. The cruise terms once you check in on the app states:

guest agrees to be solely responsible for any medical expenses, hotel costs, and any other expenses incurred if denied boarding due to covid 19. 

Was just curious if anyone had found an written evidence that you’d get a refund if denied boarding.

• Like 1

If you cant travel due to Covid or any other illness, accident etc then its an insurance claim.  
Most cruise lines allow you to change / move cruise if you test positive a few days before but too late if only positive at the port. Goodwill may mean you can move the cruise to a later date but as I initially said its an insurance claim and not cruise lines issue! 
This was the protocol and practice in the UK for cruising this summer - slight variations between lines but no refunds if couldn't travel at the port and a condition of booking was insurance that covered covid. 

3 hours ago, barbiecruiser27 said:

Spoke to a phone agent. He said a refund would be offered if you’re positive at the pier. Spoke to another rep in writing. And was told something completely different. See screenshot below (blocked out email information) 

4534E47E-6183-43B8-A4CB-E2A2105BCE87.jpeg

In writing wins .

Just shows you even the employees don't know what is going on..

I got insurance from Allianz for full cost including covid coverage for under $200..

On 9/21/2021 at 3:53 PM, barbiecruiser27 said:

I just got insurance from Chubb $91 for both of us 30 year olds. Worth $90 to not lose $2k+

Does this cover cancellation due to COVID though (their website is saying no, but maybe you got a specific plan)? I've been struggling to find affordable (or any, honestly) travel insurance that covers us if we had to cancel due to COVID.

26 minutes ago, HaleyAtSea said:

Does this cover cancellation due to COVID though (their website is saying no, but maybe you got a specific plan)? I've been struggling to find affordable (or any, honestly) travel insurance that covers us if we had to cancel due to COVID.

My insurance my travel agent got me through Allinanz specifically says it covers covid... Up to $500,000 transportation costs!!!

52 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

My insurance my travel agent got me through Allinanz specifically says it covers covid... Up to $500,000 transportation costs!!!

Oh really?? Which plan specifically? I've been looking at this one but my travel agent said it didn't cover COVID, but maybe she only was showing me the affordable options?

27 minutes ago, HaleyAtSea said:

Oh really?? Which plan specifically? I've been looking at this one but my travel agent said it didn't cover COVID, but maybe she only was showing me the affordable options?

My travel agent handled it, so I can't tell you a lot-It is called the Journey plan by Allianz 

image-a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 12:29 PM, garymfreedman said:

In writing wins .

Just shows you even the employees don't know what is going on..

I got insurance from Allianz for full cost including covid coverage for under $200..

Allianz is THE BEST!  I will never use any other travel insurance.  I had two significant medical problems while traveling and they came through big time.