My extension is no longer listed! Help!

khm1

I am booked on the November 7, 2021 sailing of Viking Jupiter Rome to Barcelona.  I have booked both pre and post cruise extensions in Rome and in Barcelona. When I logged into My Viking Journey yesterday and today, my post cruise extension is no longer even listed as a possibility in Barcelona.  The Madrid extension is still listed, but no Barcelona.

I learned through CC and an internet search that the hotel that Viking was supposed to use in Barcelona, Nobu Hotel Barcelona, is closed and has been for some time due to COVID.  The website says that they "hope to open at the end of 2021." I am wondering if Viking needs to find another hotel or if the entire extension will be cancelled. Does anyone have any knowledge of what might be going on? Thanks in advance....

6 minutes ago, khm1 said:

I am booked on the November 7, 2021 sailing of Viking Jupiter Rome to Barcelona.  I have booked both pre and post cruise extensions in Rome and in Barcelona. When I logged into My Viking Journey yesterday and today, my post cruise extension is no longer even listed as a possibility in Barcelona.  The Madrid extension is still listed, but no Barcelona.

I learned through CC and an internet search that the hotel that Viking was supposed to use in Barcelona, Nobu Hotel Barcelona, is closed and has been for some time due to COVID.  The website says that they "hope to open at the end of 2021." I am wondering if Viking needs to find another hotel or if the entire extension will be cancelled. Does anyone have any knowledge of what might be going on? Thanks in advance....

Contact Viking and ask them! They might be trying to find an alternative hotel or they might be planning to cancel the extension altogether.  We can only guess here ... you're more likely to get a definitive answer by contacting Viking.  Try tellus@vikingcruises.com.

Edited by molymoo
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, deec said:

sometimes the extensions dont show up when it is all booked.  does it still show on your "my journey?"

My pre extension shows up on my journey page, just not the post extension. That is why I was concerned.  They previously had 2 post extensions available: one for Madrid, and one for Barcelona.  I was booked with the Barcelona one. Up to a couple days ago, the Barcelona extension was listed and had a banner that said "reservation confirmed." Now it isn't even listed as a possibility. The Madrid extension is the only one listed.

This is what I see:

2021-09-15 (1).png

Edited by khm1

So, I called.  The post cruise extension is indeed still confirmed.  I still don't see it on My Viking Journey page, but the agent sent me a new invoice.  The hotel has changed. It was previously Nobu Hotel Barcelona. It is now Melia Barcelona Sarri Hotel. 

I think that Viking must be updating the information on their servers and it hasn't come through the system yet. Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, khm1 said:

So, I called.  The post cruise extension is indeed still confirmed.  I still don't see it on My Viking Journey page, but the agent sent me a new invoice.  The hotel has changed. It was previously Nobu Hotel Barcelona. It is now Melia Barcelona Sarri Hotel. 

I think that Viking must be updating the information on their servers and it hasn't come through the system yet. Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions.

Glad it worked out for you!  I noticed the same thing for my Nov BCN to Rome cruise.  Barcelona was missing from the extensions.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

Glad it worked out for you!  I noticed the same thing for my Nov BCN to Rome cruise.  Barcelona was missing from the extensions.  

You will likely have the Melia Barcelona Sarri Hotel as well........if you have an extension. I'm not familiar with Barcelona enough to tell if it has a better or worse location than the previous option. I looked it up on Google maps. It seems to be a few kilometers away from the historic city center.

2 hours ago, khm1 said:

You will likely have the Melia Barcelona Sarri Hotel as well........if you have an extension. I'm not familiar with Barcelona enough to tell if it has a better or worse location than the previous option. I looked it up on Google maps. It seems to be a few kilometers away from the historic city center.

I was curious about the hotels too and looked them up on TripAdvisor. They are both in the same general vicinity—away from the historic center, as you say.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LisaLeone said:

I would like to think that this is a safe place to ask questions.

Yes, CC is usually a safe place to ask questions, but some people are just plain rude.  I use CC's "ignore" feature so I don't have to be subjected to those types of comments.  If you hover over someone's user name, options will appear, including an ignore button.  You can also report nasty comments to CC.

Edited by JeriGail
Forgot some info
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, JeriGail said:

Yes, CC is usually a safe place to ask questions, but some people are just plain rude.  I use CC's "ignore" feature so I don't have to be subjected to those types of comments.  If you hover over someone's user name, options will appear, including an ignore button.  You can also report nasty comments to CC.

Thank you, JeriGail! Yes, it usually is. I'm surprised when I read a nasty response. I mean if someone can be like that about cruising, I shudder to think of how they can be about more incendiary topics.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JeriGail said:

OP here. I saw the comment you are referencing. I’ve been on CC long enough to recognize a troll when I see one. I just keep scrolling! No need for me to even acknowledge the snide comments. I figure that anyone who feels the need to be rude to those seeking help probably has a sad existence. 🙄

• Like 5

8 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Amazing the number of questions that are posted here, yet can only be answered authoritatively by either Viking or a travel agent.  And the number of speculative answers as well.

As I suggested, and got flamed for.