Folding Rollator Walker vs ECV?

msr709

Going on a cruise with my daughter and her 11 yo son in May 2022, CCL Sunrise ship. I use a folding rollator walker to walk the mall and any other distance because of my hips. Would my walker be enough to travel around the ship? I intend to stay onboard most of the ports and watch over my grandson(he is a high functioning autistic). I looked at a video of a walking tour of this ship and it seems huge. I use a cane inside the room but would use the walker every other time. Can anyone else share their experience using just a walker as opposed to an ECV? I would much appreciate any comment or suggestion. 

What is an ECV.

I use anything from nothing, a stick or two, a Walker or an electric wheelchair, for me standing is a bigger issue than walking, so the Walker with seat or the wheelchair are most used on a ship. There can be a lot of standing in line at times.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm newly disabled, 58 years old and obese.  I walk with a cane, walker for long walks and I was exhausted on my last cruise.  Remember ships are three football fields long.  If you can walk that multiple times a day, you'll be fine.  I was hunched over, catching my breath, in terrible pain all week.  I'm on this board to learn more about renting a scooter.  

3 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

I'm newly disabled, 58 years old and obese.  I walk with a cane, walker for long walks and I was exhausted on my last cruise.  Remember ships are three football fields long.  If you can walk that multiple times a day, you'll be fine.  I was hunched over, catching my breath, in terrible pain all week.  I'm on this board to learn more about renting a scooter.  

I would recommend renting a scooter for your next cruise. Just make sure you do walk at least once a day. 

The first time my Dad hired a scooter for a cruise he used it all the time. He then struggled and was out of breath, he suffered more than he normally does, when he disembarked and walked to his car. Since that cruise my Dad walks to the restaurant for breakfast every day.

• Thanks 1