Sept 18 - Sept 24 Nieuw Amsterdam sailing Seattle/Alaska trip report

AKJonesy

On 9/20/2021 at 9:47 PM, Carouselrider said:

The travel agent, and was very surprised.  No one thought about international waters needing a passport.

That's really unfortunate.  I believe the subject came up in an earlier NA Alaska review thread.  I may have questioned why a passport was still needed.  I know someone did.  Although I don't sail NA until December in the Caribbean, it's one of the reasons I read every review I can find about ships I've booked.  You never know when you'll read some very useful nugget of information.

So sorry this happened to you.  I'd be pretty displeased with the TA about now!

THURSDAY, SEPT 23

This will be my last report. First, good luck to everyone today knowing all of you are testing. In hindsight, it was all worth it. We had a great time so far even though we missed Sitka. So I will revise a post regarding my fav restaurant which is Tamarind hands down. Pinnacle was good but food so rich and Tamarind lighter and perfect flavors. In terms of wifi off ship...in Juneau the library is steps from the ship. In ISP great wifi free on the bar right when you get off the long gangway. When you get off the ship in ISP walk down below the long gangway and check out the tidal pools if the tide is low. We saw a lot of critters. You won't have much time because there won't be light for long. I can't report from Ketchikan yet because I am waiting for a lull from the wind and rain. If I think of anything else before leaving the port, I'll get back on and report. Don't forget on Friday to get that health questionnaire done. Have a great time.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2