Reluctant to book a cruise because of false positive results.

norn iron

I am also on the same two monthly delivery as you Ann, haven’t tried this months yet as we had two small granddaughters staying for a sleep over , thought it wise to wait until tonight.  Keep well and safe x

Edited by Riocca
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I am also on the same two monthly delivery as you Ann, haven’t tried this months yet as we had two small granddaughters staying for a sleep over , thought it wise to wait until tonight.  Keep well and safe x

It’s the best one for awhile. We moved to two monthly recently  I’m the gin drinker here and my liver said monthly was too much 😂

Enjoy the treat when the sleepover is finished. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 11:16 AM, norn iron said:

The advice re the PCR test came from our TA who was quoting the AZ website. Whilst I appreciate the guidance is for Greece and we were looking at Spain, the TA was insisting we prepare ourselves for the PCR tests irrespective.

Are the cruise lines and TA's confused between the Lateral flow and PCR tests?

The advice re not doing the PCR within 90 days post infection was on the NI direct government website.

Recovery has been fine, as symptoms were very mild.

• PCR Test Result
    Travelers must provide evidence of a negative result from a PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 that has been conducted within the 72 hours period before your arrival time in Greece. Proof of a negative test is not required however for all travelers that have completed their vaccination(i.e., 14 days have elapsed since the last vaccination, depending on the doses required) and hold a vaccination certificate.

I have just returned from a cruise in Greece and Greece did not require a PCR test. The cruise line required an antigen test, and the Greek authorities at the end of the cruise before disembarking another antigen test. 
Ivi