Has Celebrity Deliberately Killed off Captain’s Club?

Definitas

10 minutes ago, Yorkshire-Pudding said:

It only takes 25 nights in a CS, RS or Signature Suite 18 in a  Penthouse to reach Elite.

Yes I know. It's 12 points for CS, RS and Signature suites.  Reflection and Penthouse suites are 18 points.

Edited by davekathy

On 9/17/2021 at 5:34 PM, dkjretired said:

Just curious to the poster who stated he joined CC in 1984, were you a member with Chandras since Celebrity didn’t start until 1990.

Sorry, DKJ, for the senior moment.  I joined the Club in Dec 1990, after my first Meridian cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.  It was such a fantastic experience, white gloved service, that we signed up for another Meridian cruise (and the Captain's Club) as soon as we returned home and called our travel agent.

Just now, phoenix_dream said:

That sounds right.  And also if I remember correctly, when they changed it to a freebie, we got the amount we paid back, I think in OBC.

I believe your correct. Didn't we also get a few CC points when Celebrity decided not to charge for the CC membership?

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

That sounds right.  And also if I remember correctly, when they changed it to a freebie, we got the amount we paid back, I think in OBC.

We never got our $35 back as we didn't cruise for about 6 years and by that time they had forgotten who paid and who didn't.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:32 PM, TommyD3 said:

Now that you are Zenith you get the steam internet and premium beverage package as Zenith perks. 

I hope to see this be true.

I've read this is the case with the the Always Included and Indulge Fares (fares that come with perks) when reading the details on the website - they carefully used this language when describing the perks.

But I know in one of my recent mailings, they restricted perks on the "simply sail" fares that come with no perks to classic drinks and surf wifi.  I'll know for sure in November when  I sail on a simply sail fare.  They even pull some perks on suites with simply sail fares.

14 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We never got our $35 back as we didn't cruise for about 6 years and by that time they had forgotten who paid and who didn't.

Actually there was a one year to book a cruise to convert it into an OCB.