Cabin for single traveller

puzzums

Is it possible to book a double occupancy balcony cabin for a single traveller?  My sister and I love cruising together but have a VERY hard time sleeping in the same room.  It would be so perfect to book adjoining rooms where we could leave the door between rooms open until it’s time to call it a night.  Then close that door and we both get a good night’s sleep, lol.  I suspect this is a pipe dream but would like to hear from the experts, please.

Thanks all.

Certainly you can do it, but cabin rates are quoted per person/double occupancy.  Therefore you would be paying double.  There are lines with cabins for singles but they are few, and prices are usually 150% of the per person fare.  And I doubt any would be connecting.  EM

• Like 1

18 hours ago, puzzums said:

Is it possible to book a double occupancy balcony cabin for a single traveller?  My sister and I love cruising together but have a VERY hard time sleeping in the same room.  It would be so perfect to book adjoining rooms where we could leave the door between rooms open until it’s time to call it a night.

Essiesmom's response to your post is accurate.  There are some connecting veranda staterooms on most ships; not all of the veranda staterooms do have connecting interior doors, so be careful when you book.  Study the ship's deck plans carefully to be certain the two adjoining staterooms are connecting ones.  The partition on the verandas can also be opened by your Cabin Steward and kept open if you like.  

I am a solo cruiser and I had to pay double occupancy, I am booked in a cove balcony.  It's a bucket list thing to cruise solo.  Norwegian has solo cabins but they are not balconies and the rooms are the size of a closet.  Expect to pay double but you will still enjoy!

19 hours ago, dianap66 said:

I am a solo cruiser and I had to pay double occupancy, I am booked in a cove balcony.  It's a bucket list thing to cruise solo.  Norwegian has solo cabins but they are not balconies and the rooms are the size of a closet.  Expect to pay double but you will still enjoy!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

On which ship have you booked a cove balcony cabin?  After your cruise, I hope you think about returning to this thread and informing us of what you thought about a cove balcony cabin.

I had one like that on QM2.  

• 2 months later...