Saga Christmas cruises

Jammy Bun

Quite possibly. Last summer in a fit of optimism I sought to book a Saga cruise for this May and got the same message. I duly rang and was informed that all I could book was a guaranteed cabin at a given grade, which guaranteed me a cabin of that grade or higher. I took the offer but the cruise was laer deferred and was ultimately cancelled.

3 hours ago, LandC said:

I searched Saga website for this cruise using the Brochure code SUO37. It is still there, says call for availability, so it must be nearly full.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LandC said:

I searched Saga website for this cruise using the Brochure code SUO37. It is still there, says call for availability, so it must be nearly full.

Thanks for giving the cruise number - it enabled me to at least see the itinerary, which is of no interest, so I can scratch it off our list of possibilities!  Too long for our first Saga experience, given that I am not happy with the formal dress codes. 🤣

Edited by Jammy Bun
typo

4 minutes ago, Jammy Bun said:

Thanks for giving the cruise number - it enabled me to at least see the itinerary, which is of no interest, so I can scratch it off our list of possibilities!  Too long for our first Saga experience, given that I am not happy with the formal dress codes. 🤣

There's a 13 night Canaries cruise on December 5th SD060

I wouldn’t worry too much about the formal dress codes. These really apply to the main dining room. The other eating areas stick more to the ‘smart casual’ line although some people do choose to be a bit smarter than other nights. 
I would expect Christmas and New Year to be more formal though. 

• Like 3

On 9/19/2021 at 3:33 PM, Glenndale said:

There's a 13 night Canaries cruise on December 5th SD060

Thanks, but it was getting away over Christmas that we fancied.  We don't want 30 nights as a first cruise on Saga.  Struggling to get our heads round doing anything other than Viking - but we'd have to fly to do a Viking cruise, and we  don't want to do that until the pandemic is better controlled.  So I guess we will be staying at home in December.  

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2021 at 8:00 PM, Jammy Bun said:

Thanks, but it was getting away over Christmas that we fancied.  We don't want 30 nights as a first cruise on Saga.  Struggling to get our heads round doing anything other than Viking - but we'd have to fly to do a Viking cruise, and we  don't want to do that until the pandemic is better controlled.  So I guess we will be staying at home in December.  

Better idea in my view, CV19 will get on the ships, has done already on Fred Olsen, and you don't want that to be your Christmas, left in the Canaries and making your own way home when you are past being infected.

16 hours ago, Pentlands said:

Better idea in my view, CV19 will get on the ships, has done already on Fred Olsen, and you don't want that to be your Christmas, left in the Canaries and making your own way home when you are past being infected.

Well, you may be right, but we've now booked 21 nights on Viking over Christmas and New Year.  We have just one flight, at the start of the holiday, as the cruise ends in Tilbury. They do daily PCR testing (have a lab on each ship) and seem to have better Covid protocols than most other lines, so hopefully anyone carrying the virus will be spotted quickly before it's passed on.  Yes, there's a small risk, but our lives at home are so very very dull right now that we've decided to take it.  

Looking forward to it very much!  (apart from the flight)

Hi I have just booked as a solo passenger on the Saga Christmas Cruise and hope I don’t get the COVID bump off. Hope they allow a solos bubble so I am not spending my time in isolation as that will be a waste of a holiday? As I am travelling down from Moray Firth Scotland I hope they make sure the transfer vehicle doesn’t include extra chances of catching the virus if I have to share with others. It would be a nightmare to not even be able to get on board.

I recently booked a Canaries cruise for January 2022.  I was advised that Saga are providing private transfers from home until the end of January, so you shouldn’t have to share transport.

I’m sure you will enjoy your cruise - there are always plenty of single people on board.