Celebrity Edge Dining

Cfarring

Just booked Edge for next year (been away from cruising for 10 years). App looks great but impossible to get through to Cust Service through phone or email. Hoping someone might be able to help here??

1) if we book steakhouse in advance and have to cancel - is the charge refundable?

2) how does one request table for 2 in restaurants now?

3) is it standard to add 20% to speciality restaurant bills?

thanks in advance

I believe it is refundable.  I would check to see if there is a time limit on cancellation now.

I have made reservations through a Celebrity agent and just told them our names.  You can also do it on the Celebrity site and you list the guests' name.  Never have been given a table larger than what was in our group(for us it was always 2 people).

You pay a flat fee for specialty dining(unless you do it through the 3-night plan for example but that includes gratuity also) and the gratuity is included.  I know some do give additional gratuity for excellent service.

If any of the above is not correct, fellow CC members, let me know.

1 hour ago, dazey said:

You pay a flat fee for specialty dining(unless you do it through the 3-night plan for example but that includes gratuity also) and the gratuity is included.  I know some do give additional gratuity for excellent service.

We were just on the Edge in August and were told any additional gratuities added to the bill will go into the ship-wide dining services "Pool" rather than to the specific servers in that specialty restaurant. We added a $25 tip to the bill and the maitre 'd subsequently explained the new Celebrity tipping policy. Now, if you give a particular server cash, I'm not sure how that works.

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Now, if you give a particular server cash, I'm not sure how that works.

It goes into that specific server's pocket and they brag to their friends about you. If it's not the last night of your cruise, you become very popular with a certain segment of the crew.