Are You A Goer or Have You Bailed?

gerryuk

I plan on waiting until all of the hoops we have to jump through are gone. If they ever are gone. I am vaccinated, but really don't like the idea of the "vaccination passport." Plus, I don't want to mask up or worry about pre-cruise tests. So will just stay in my little Florida paradise until this all passes. But am wondering now if it ever will.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gerryuk said:

What is the biggest dealbreaker for you?

Masks

Testing 

Bubble excursions 

Int travel with testing

If they got rid of one of the above that would get you back on a ship, which would it be? 

The only one I might consider is bubble excursions.  Otherwise I will wait.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gerryuk said:

Masks

Testing 

Bubble excursions 

Int travel with testing

If they got rid of one of the above that would get you back on a ship, which would it be? 

It would be a tie between masks onboard ship and bubble excursions. 

But there are ships sailing right now that do not require either one (or at least not at every port).

6 hours ago, gerryuk said:

Masks

Testing 

Bubble excursions 

Int travel with testing

I suppose bubble excursions if I wasn't doing an all inclusive cruise. If I am paying extra for something I would like to have choices. The rest for me are minor inconveniences compared to the joy I get from my travels.

Edited by ilikeanswers

I have zero problem with doing whatever is required to keep me (and you) safe during travel -now and in the future.

Currently on Kauai and had to jump through a ton of hoops to get here and then face strict mask/distance/QR code requirements in all sorts of places. IMO (and experience), not a problem.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I have zero problem with doing whatever is required to keep me (and you) safe during travel -now and in the future.

Currently on Kauai and had to jump through a ton of hoops to get here and then face strict mask/distance/QR code requirements in all sorts of places. IMO (and experience), not a problem.

Totally agree. Will be on Maui in 10 days,  a 12 day stay, our 3rd trip since Hawaii opened back up in October last year. Just got back from Washington DC, a 9 day trip. 

Yes, the hoops are not desirable. But we don't have a problem doing them.

The phrase "this is not my idea of cruising" brings up a different picture for each of us. 

For example, other than our enjoyment of of being together and sharing experiences, my wife and I differ on what a "cruise" should look like.  For me, I want to experience the ocean.  I like being pampered, being fed, being entertained, being whisked to foreign ports;  but they are all secondary to just being out on the ocean.  So far the protocols do not interfere with me being awed by the sight, smell, breeze, and motion of the ocean on deck or on my balcony.  And depending on my level of concern for COVID, I don't see too many roadblocks stopping me from tempering my own behavior if I don't believe the ship or fellow passengers are going far enough to protect me.

So, put me in the GO (not "goer") category.  I will be able to test my words come October 23.

• Like 3