Best Cruise Line for British Isles Cruise?

OnePsychLynne

What would be your suggestion for the best cruise line to take to visit primarily the British Isles (England, Wales, Ireland, and Scotland)?

I usually cruise Carnival, but their BI cruise only hits 7 ports. Celebrity's website is awful to navigate so I wasn't able to get a good sense of what they offered. Cunard is just as confusing. NCL and Princess both look promising. I haven't looked at any others yet. 

We used Princess and it was a wonderful cruise, but alas the under 700 passenger Ocean Princess is not longer part of the fleet, so I cannot really say other than ours was a wonderfully enjoyable cruise.

We even ended it by taking their excursion back to Heathrow with a stop at Canterbury. That made it seem like we were still on the cruise even after disembarking.

• Thanks 1

We enjoyed our Princess cruise around the British Isles. We went to Guernsey, Cobh, Dublin, Belfast, Invergordon, Greenock, Edinburgh, and Le Havre. Our cruise had an overnight in Dublin. Princess offered other itineraries that went to Liverpool or one of the Orkney Islands in place of the overnight in Dublin. 

My biggest recommendation is to make sure to have time to do things in Britain before or after your cruise--at least four or five days.

• Like 1

We LOVE Princess and are booked on the Emerald for May 2022 and the British Isles. Hopefully, the third time is the charm! We are not Celebrity fans and much prefer Princess for the food, service, open atriums and friendly (not snooty) service.

• Like 1