Vaxxed, waxed,masked,relaxed-Divina Live

maureencruiser

Dinner tonight caused some consternation among the passengers.  The menu was the Elegant Menu, but, the daily stated it was casual dress.  One member of our roll call reports that someone actually said something about the way her husband was dressed.  Another member reports that she spoke to the staff and they said because of Covid and everything else we’ve all been through, they decided to just let the passengers wear whatever they were comfortable in.  They were just thankful to have paying customers.  I wore a dress, as I did every night, but it was a little dressier than my usual tank dresses.

Anyway, I had the shrimp cocktail.

IMG_4332.thumb.JPG.1f0111437354b6acb2b19f31e49e4caf.JPG

Steve had the lobster bisque.

IMG_4333.thumb.JPG.49e1b44df8ecdffa30e755ba3e778a1a.JPG

He had a Greek salad.

IMG_4334.thumb.JPG.b2470eb4cf1ce1c3c54e5e37c1b821a7.JPG

I had the barramundi.

IMG_4336.thumb.JPG.fdca78fa75f9d3d1d4c37f61924e35b3.JPG

He had the duck.  

Wait, what?  People eat duck?  Not just hide them?

IMG_4337.thumb.JPG.06033c7871c18eab7bc8c57e009c4f9c.JPG

The invisible man had the lobster ravioli.

IMG_4338.thumb.JPG.9569cf058b1310995d21c9590e7996ab.JPG

And, the invisible woman had the NY strip.  We cut into that so quickly, I forgot to take a picture until it was already on my plate.

IMG_4339.thumb.JPG.cb6fe9fe8cd6441ff6787a750fd6a88f.JPG

• Like 2

He had the Royal Cake.

IMG_4340.thumb.JPG.93a22d54c1f795fc8b70f8e67d63b9c6.JPG

I had mint pineapple salad with coconut flakes.  This is something I might start making at home.  I started eating watermelon mint feta salad after having it on Windstar and I love it.  

IMG_4341.thumb.JPG.553ce146d78b6353b0b39825785ad679.JPG

There wasn’t a show tonight, so, Steve and I wandered into the Sports Bar.  My beloved Sox were playing, but, someone is going to have to tell me why they were wearing yellow and baby blue?

IMG_4344.thumb.JPG.09b96ec96b1135dc5eb48e3ed94155cd.JPG

• Like 3

7 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

You will rue the day, I'm telling you, rue the day!

There are several Facebook groups, the main one is Cruising Ducks- Original Group.  There is also Carnival Cruising Ducks, Royal Caribbean Cruising Ducks, etc.

Steve has some beautiful pictures of Lighthouse Beach during the daytime, unlike me.  I'll steal some and post them here.  Yeah, that's how rumours get started.  One person thinks they know something and tells everyone the wrong thing.

Thanks, I'll be sure to tell the TRAM DRIVER!  🤬

I'll post some duckies later.  I've done handwritten tags, used Avery print to make some at home using address labels and these ones I ordered from Zazzle.  The duck groups have files in them with various tags.  A lot of people print little passports for them and some even attach tiny paper suitcases.  

That's what someone else told me.  That's what I have a Canon SX600HS.  I love it, got it for my Alaska review in 2016.

I have more seating photos, if you want to see them.  I figured people were already bored of my silly pictures.  The things I find interesting, yikes!

My mission is complete.  Thank you for what you do. ❤️ I assume you're familiar with MSC's Healthcare Heroes discount?

Yes. I’ll be trying my first msc cruise using that discount in January on the Seashore. I haven’t had a cruise in two years and it’s killing me!! Of course my boss won’t approve the vacation yet in case of another surge so y’all stay safe and healthy :). 

Loving your review and it makes me so excited to board a ship again. 

happy cruising!!

6 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

There wasn’t a show tonight, so, Steve and I wandered into the Sports Bar.  My beloved Sox were playing, but, someone is going to have to tell me why they were wearing yellow and baby blue?

I heard on a sports radio show yesterday that they applied the league to wear this 3rd jersey during the playoffs. I guess they have been winning in them, and they want to continue the streak.  They want to bang up the season I guess. 

6 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

He had the Royal Cake.

I had mint pineapple salad with coconut flakes.  This is something I might start making at home.  I started eating watermelon mint feta salad after having it on Windstar and I love it.  

Loving your review! The Sox are wearing yellow for the Boston Marathon which will be held on 10/11

• Like 3

7 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

He had the Royal Cake.

It’s for City Connect.  It honors the Boston Marathon and the link with the Sox. They have been winning since wearing them so continue to do so.   Love your posts and pictures!  Thank you I will be boarding Sunday on the Divina. 

9 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

Apparently, I needed something to soothe my sore feelings when I lost and I could only think of one thing.

IMG_4327.thumb.JPG.a092a2a4be746c994b1c828357df5211.JPG

The Cabin Crawl was at 2pm.  I couldn't crawl, but, I did show my cabin so people could see my triangular balcony.

That reminds me, I had told my steward that I would be entertaining in my cabin that day.  He said he would make it "extra sexy".  I don't think his idea of entertaining and mine are the same.  He brought in fresh ice for my Prosecco.   I just wanted to make sure he emptied the trash.  

I didn't want to disappoint him, though.  The headboard is made out of red velvet, so, when you touch it, you leave tracks.  After the crawlers left, my feet were throbbing, so, I laid on my bed with my feet on the headboard.  I tried to leave good footprints , so, he wouldn't think his efforts were in vain.  

After lunch, we had a Birthday Bash for everyone celebrating a birthday.  I had apple pie and skinny Vlad showed up again.

IMG_4328.thumb.JPG.4d715b63ae2c453e1c9b73e5e08b3362.JPG

After all this excitement, I needed a nap, then dinner.

Giant, blow up cowboy boots on the way to dinner.  Why not?

IMG_4331.thumb.JPG.e5428839c79265ee59b156d7b6ece5e1.JPG

God I wish you were coming on our 11/14 cruise! We need more fun people like you!

Did you ever find out what the giant cowboy boots were for? Themed party maybe?

• Like 2

I would also like to know if the cowboy boots are for a party.  We love country music & dancing & travel from Florida to Galveston for B2B2B every year just for the music🤠.

Also does anyone know if the walls in the staterooms on Divina are steel like on RCCL.  I use a lot of magnets to hang hats & wet bathing suits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, green snakes said:

I would also like to know if the cowboy boots are for a party.  We love country music & dancing & travel from Florida to Galveston for B2B2B every year just for the music🤠.

Also does anyone know if the walls in the staterooms on Divina are steel like on RCCL.  I use a lot of magnets to hang hats & wet bathing suits.

So, Yes, I have learned that the Sox were wearing the colors of the BAA, so, that is good.  My friend said they will wear them until they lose in them.  There is no one more superstitious than a baseball player.

The boots were set up upside a lounge and when I took the picture, the elevator attendant/mask

enforcer gestured for me to go into the lounge.  I've already disposed of my daily so I don't know what it was, name that tune or trivia, perhaps?  

Today is my birthday, y'all!  I'm celebrating by having lunch in the MDR and using my thermal area pass.  I'm not sure what the thermal area entails exactly and the website and Cruise Critic have been no help.  Youtube probably would have enlightened me, but, you know my cheap ass didn't pay for the streaming internet.

The MSC website says you can have a sauna or a steam or a whirlpool bath.  Aren't saunas and steams the same thing?  A whirlpool bath, I assume is a hot tub, that would probably feel great on my knees.  There's some talk of a thermal lounger and that sounds like a great place for a nap.

So, I guess I'll wear my bathing suit under my clothes and bring my beach towel?  I don't know.  I get such anxiety when I don't know what to expect, is it worth getting the freebie?  I hate looking like a nube.  

I'll be back tonight to tell you about what I did Thursday in Cozumel.  I may have a new favorite thing to do there.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

So, Yes, I have learned that the Sox were wearing the colors of the BAA, so, that is good.  My friend said they will wear them until they lose in them.  There is no one more superstitious than a baseball player.

The boots were set up upside a lounge and when I took the picture, the elevator attendant/mask

enforcer gestured for me to go into the lounge.  I've already disposed of my daily so I don't know what it was, name that tune or trivia, perhaps?  

Today is my birthday, y'all!  I'm celebrating by having lunch in the MDR and using my thermal area pass.  I'm not sure what the thermal area entails exactly and the website and Cruise Critic have been no help.  Youtube probably would have enlightened me, but, you know my cheap ass didn't pay for the streaming internet.

The MSC website says you can have a sauna or a steam or a whirlpool bath.  Aren't saunas and steams the same thing?  A whirlpool bath, I assume is a hot tub, that would probably feel great on my knees.  There's some talk of a thermal lounger and that sounds like a great place for a nap.

So, I guess I'll wear my bathing suit under my clothes and bring my beach towel?  I don't know.  I get such anxiety when I don't know what to expect, is it worth getting the freebie?  I hate looking like a nube.  

I'll be back tonight to tell you about what I did Thursday in Cozumel.  I may have a new favorite thing to do there.  

Happy birthday! 🎂🥳

Enjoy the thermal spa experience, I would love it for the whirlpool bath alone!

Seeing I’m a walking hot flash the sauna/steam room wouldn’t entice me at all lol

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Happy birthday! 🎂🥳

Enjoy the thermal spa experience, I would love it for the whirlpool bath alone!

Seeing I’m a walking hot flash the sauna/steam room wouldn’t entice me at all lol

Yeah, no interest in that, lol.  Fluffy girls don't do well in hot places.  Yet, I insist on cruising as often as I can.  I'm rethinking the whole steel walls,  by the way.  I mean, everybody on this ship is vaccinated and none of us are sticking to the walls, so...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Happy Birthday @maureencruiser!!! If you remember when your ordering your 2 drinks at a time can you tell me what brand of liquor they are pouring for well  vodka, whiskey, gin and tequila ? I am loving your report as I sail on the Davina on the 10th!!! Trying to see if I can make so with easy...are the wines drinkable also? Thx and enjoy your b'day!!!

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, Maureen! I have so enjoyed your positive “glass half full” posts and reminding me that the right attitude can overcome most everything. Also, thanks for getting me more excited about my upcoming first MSC cruise (cruise #30 for me) and I hope someday we meet on a boat. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 1:11 AM, maureencruiser said:

The IM ordered Beef Bourgionnon?  Boubbourgoin??  Once again, Steve gave me the paper menu and I lost it somewhere in this hovel of a cabin.  I have to get it cleaned up.  I’m the first stop on the Cabin Crawl tomorrow.  Anyway, we shared the beef, it tasted like Mama’s pot roast with a little wine added to it.

My son said almost the same exact thing about this meal on the Meriviglia. I read your description to him. His response in teentalk, "epic".

And happy birthday, Maureen. Great to see that you're cruising and posting again.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, cyndyga said:

Happy Birthday @maureencruiser!!! If you remember when your ordering your 2 drinks at a time can you tell me what brand of liquor they are pouring for well  vodka, whiskey, gin and tequila ? I am loving your report as I sail on the Davina on the 10th!!! Trying to see if I can make so with easy...are the wines drinkable also? Thx and enjoy your b'day!!!

I'll try, it's all a little blurry, lol.

6 hours ago, SeaBrz said:

Happy Birthday, Maureen! I have so enjoyed your positive “glass half full” posts and reminding me that the right attitude can overcome most everything. Also, thanks for getting me more excited about my upcoming first MSC cruise (cruise #30 for me) and I hope someday we meet on a boat. 

If your glass is half full, it's time for another glass!  I feel like all I'm doing is complaining, glad you consider that the right attitude.  After all, all comedy is tragedy.

5 hours ago, Match Game 72 said:

Nice to know I'm connecting with the teens, those whippersnappers.  

• Like 1

Thursday was Cozumel day.

I was up early to report on our arrival.  I’m not saying that I keep my cabin as cold as a morgue and I’m not saying that it was hot as Hell in Cozumel, but, you see how fogged up my camera is.

IMG_4345.thumb.JPG.81b8da181e3aef411578ade957102544.JPG

My breakfast with those delightful chocolate twists.

IMG_4348.thumb.JPG.1502de9fda3b3e0602275432f0133345.JPG

I asked the waiter to get me 2 cartons of milk.  After a brief discussion of skim versus whole, one carton versus two and some general confusion, off he went.  I was concerned because instead of going forward to where the cereal and milk were, he went backwards to the beverage station, which I knew didn’t have milk.  But, who am I to judge?  Maybe he was going to some secret milk factory.  Turns out, my concerns were valid.  He returned with 2 mugs full of cream, which he had gotten from the coffee station.  And, it wasn’t exactly cold.

IMG_4349.thumb.JPG.0387c40ba0111b9980b5d1edbf4f4078.JPG

I ate my breakfast and choked down what I could of the room temperature cream. Mexico was blazing hot, I had a belly full of cream, what’s the logical thing to do?  That’s right, throw a bunch of tequila on top of it!

• Haha 5

I was planning on doing the Cozumel Bar Hop, I’ve done that a few times and really enjoy it.  I knew I couldn’t climb the stairs to Coconuts and they said they would bring a drink and some ceviche down to the bus for me.  The more I thought about it, going up and down the stairs of the bus, walking across the sand, etc , I realized I couldn’t do it.  

I’ve done a few of the all inclusives, Nachi Cocum, etc and enjoyed them, but, they were expensive and required a lot of walking.  

And then I found Del Mar Latino Beach Club, $29 for all you can eat and drink and a nice infinity pool.   It’s not really on a beach, it’s basically a concrete slab with some sand, but, you can go in the ocean if you want, I planned to  stick to the pool.  

I booked it through their Facebook page and they couldn’t have been friendlier or easier to work with.  Several people from our roll call ended up going.  Four of us shared a taxi, it is walking distance for most people from the International Pier, but, we were at the downtown pier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here is the view from my lounger to the front.

IMG_4350.thumb.JPG.1833b17c151deca75f3cd406f26ff4b0.JPG

To the right.

IMG_4351.thumb.JPG.4708b1f7fc2f56ce80098645e9bf6386.JPG

You can spot the MSC people with their orange towels.

IMG_4352.thumb.JPG.2e7bf2ba221572afcfb179c8c1fbfbce.JPG

To the left.  The bar, the kitchen and the bathrooms.

IMG_4354.thumb.JPG.4e3179c7faced668156e6e5d270d7ece.JPG

Everything was self contained, hardly any walking at all.

IMG_4355.thumb.JPG.ed3f326557258b15102f065955e6909b.JPG

After all that delicious cream, I decided to start slow with water and pineapple juice.

IMG_4360.thumb.JPG.904abb9e1219279ff61f6ace01c46f49.JPG

• Like 2

Their menu- hot snacks.  No charge for us.

IMG_4361.thumb.JPG.5e53a6891237d405946627e162d349d3.JPG

Cold snacks.

IMG_4362.thumb.JPG.9818a621b012532c4114106639fa27fc.JPG

Drinks.

IMG_4364.thumb.JPG.6060ae373725a0e789932bf64658f0c2.JPG

We hadn’t been there long when we ordered some chicken wings. They were very tasty.  Pay no attention to that other chicken leg, that’s my new friend, Tim.

IMG_4365.thumb.JPG.b4054c7d4aa1a92945438792ca458772.JPG

Tim and Janet had found me on the beach at Ocean Cay and basically took charge in making sure I was not left behind to live out my life on OC.  They helped get me out of my lounger, which was no small feat and flagged down a tram for me.  They carried my backpack when I was struggling and could not have been lovelier.

IMG_4366.thumb.JPG.e28636e5b6745d1078a830cb70879c08.JPG

They didn’t have any plans for Cozumel, so, I told them about Del Mar and soon a plan was hatched.  They ended up loving it as much as I did.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1