Vaxxed, waxed,masked,relaxed-Divina Live

maureencruiser

I also loved this review and looked forward to all the information.  It can never be too much for me!  We are on board Oct. 17th and you have made me very excited.  I've already planned my meals and booked our day in Cozumel at the Del Mar for the coconut shrimp and several Vlads 🤠

• Haha 1

Enjoyed your review!!  Love your attitude. I'm sure you have fun on ANY cruise.

I, or I should say my son, wonders if they do have access to US sports in the sports bar?  I see that they did show a baseball game.  He's looking for college football? 

Thanks!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

And, the chicken Kiev.  I thought Kiev had ham in it.  What am I thinking about, that's chicken with ham?

You are thinking of Chicken Cordon Blu.  That has a cheese and ham filling.

16 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

I had the chicken parm  If you squint really hard, you can see the tomato sauce just peeking out from behind the cheese.  Maybe that's how the Italians eat it, but, I want more sauce than that and sauce on my spaghetti, as well.  Maybe I'm just a philistine, but, the lady at the next table wanted sauce, as well.  Once that was resolved, it was pretty good.

Like you, my idea of how much sauce is required for some Italian dishes does differ from some Italians.  Even in Rome, I found the amount of sauce--and even the color of the sauce--differed from what I expected.  Alfredo sauce that was brown?  Yet, it tasted "alfredoish".  

The variety and number of selections on your lunch menus (as well as how good they sound) makes the MDR lunch menus on HAL seem inadequate.  

I noticed in one of your photos that I think we have the same type of travel cane:  one that is collapsible.  Yes?  Did you get that from a company whose name starts with "M"?  I have not received a catalog or e-mail from them for some time.  

Maureen, I have truly enjoyed reading the account of your cruise.  Well written, humorous, and with very good pictures.  Thanks for doing this!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

You missed nothing.  Costa Maya is a man created cruise port that offers nothing.  At least for this cruiser.  

When we went to Costa Maya many years ago, we followed the recommendation to go to Mahahual, a little fishing village down the road.  It was beautiful and undeveloped and unspoiled.  Reading about excursions since then, I will probably just keep my memory of what it was like that day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

When we went to Costa Maya many years ago, we followed the recommendation to go to Mahahual, a little fishing village down the road.  It was beautiful and undeveloped and unspoiled.  Reading about excursions since then, I will probably just keep my memory of what it was like that day.

Has Majahual changed? We heard it was nice and considered it for our November cruise. 

13 hours ago, styles27 said:

*Chicken with ham inside is cordon bleu 😉

Noticed you had a 1 on your baggage tag for disembarking. We have a 11:55am flight out of Orlando so we’re hoping to get off early.

What time were you off?

Cordon Bleu!  Yes, that's it.  I don't like it.  Don't ask about the disembarkation, it's a novel just to explain that.  Express walk off started at 7:15, Diamond members who weren't in wheelchairs started disembarking at 8.  You should have plenty of time.  We only had 8 groups plus the Goths had their own departure time.  

8 hours ago, SUSIEK said:

I, or I should say my son, wonders if they do have access to US sports in the sports bar?  I see that they did show a baseball game.  He's looking for college football? 

I didn't go in the bar on Saturday or Sunday, so, I saw no football.  It was ESPN2 in the bar showing Red Sox.  There was some tennis match from Boston, MMA,  lots of soccer, of course.  In my cabin, I watched CNN, but, it's International, not US.  I remember watching the NFL before on MSC, though.  Maybe someone else can offer more. 

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

You are thinking of Chicken Cordon Blu.  That has a cheese and ham filling.

I noticed in one of your photos that I think we have the same type of travel cane:  one that is collapsible.  Yes?  Did you get that from a company whose name starts with "M"?  

Everyone knows more about chicken than me, lol.  It does collapse, not sure of the brand.  I got it after my Freedom of the Seas cruise where I tore my ACL.  Damn those three Jamaican bartenders. 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, kidless said:

Has Majahual changed? We heard it was nice and considered it for our November cruise. 

When we first went there, it was a lot of quaint mud huts, dirt roads, etc.  Really rural.  We have been back as later cruise ports stopped at Costa Maya and each time it had progressed.  Last time we were there about 5 years ago, it had paved streets and almost all shops were now touristy with lots of bars.  We used to really enjoy taking school supplies to the little school there but has grown now (and CC board frowns on discussing taking supplies now) but it is still a nice place to visit.  We would sometimes take a taxi but the most entertaining way to get there was to rent a golf cart at the port and it is a short drive.  In the Costa Maya part, it is clean and well developed and run by the cruise industry/Mexican govt or such.  At Majahual, it felt much more like you were support really local businesses.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, wgeddings said:

When we first went there, it was a lot of quaint mud huts, dirt roads, etc.  Really rural.  We have been back as later cruise ports stopped at Costa Maya and each time it had progressed.  Last time we were there about 5 years ago, it had paved streets and almost all shops were now touristy with lots of bars.  We used to really enjoy taking school supplies to the little school there but has grown now (and CC board frowns on discussing taking supplies now) but it is still a nice place to visit.  We would sometimes take a taxi but the most entertaining way to get there was to rent a golf cart at the port and it is a short drive.  In the Costa Maya part, it is clean and well developed and run by the cruise industry/Mexican govt or such.  At Majahual, it felt much more like you were support really local businesses.  

We have walked to Majahual twice and then taken a taxi back to port. We walk 5 miles a day for exercise plus live in Florida with the heat and humdity so much easier for us as it is at least 2 miles of walking just to get to the little village. Love the local feel of Majahual! Last trip we bargained for 4 gorgeous Magarita glasses that are our pride and joy when we have guests! Right after we purchased them I poceeded to "wash" two of them in the sea and then we poured our $5. margaritas served in plastic cups into our new glasses!

Edited by lambs2
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 3:02 PM, waterbabyfish said:

Do you think they take walk ups at del mar Latinos Beach club? I really don't  want to reserve it just in case and change in plans.

Perhaps, it may cost more.  I just looked at their website, they are limiting it to 30 adults, not 50, maybe due to Covid.  They have a 48 hour cancellation policy, so, you could get your money back if you change your mind.  Go to their Facebook page and ask questions, they are very responsive.  I sent a message at 10:30pm, expecting them to read it the next morning, they responded within 5 minutes.  

3 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

Perhaps, it may cost more.  I just looked at their website, they are limiting it to 30 adults, not 50, maybe due to Covid.  They have a 48 hour cancellation policy, so, you could get your money back if you change your mind.  Go to their Facebook page and ask questions, they are very responsive.  I sent a message at 10:30pm, expecting them to read it the next morning, they responded within 5 minutes.  

Thanks, may just reserve it then.

I'm sorry I only found this report today, but I have been able to read it all at once and laughed aloud many times. Maureen, you did not disappoint and I really enjoyed your review, pictures and especially, your sense of humour. 😂🥤 Thanks so much.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Maureen...I had to come back and read your report again.  I have been reading other posts on this site and they all seem so bad that I started to question my upcoming cruise!  I came back to read your's again and I am feeling better.  Thank you for writing a funny and thoughtful post.  I know that there were things that didn't work out but you handled it with grace and humor.

Again,  thank you 😊 

Dawn

I found, after 2 past cruises, and one future in May, that the bad service rep MSC has is grossly overstated. Yes, they have problems, but none that I've found to be overwhelming. Of course, this is my own experience with them. I'm sure, as others have said, they can be very serious.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I’m a year late to this party; you made me laugh as always, and I’m so glad you were able to cruise despite limited mobility. I was gonna recommend renting a mobility scooter next time, but from your more recent posts, it looks like you may be doing just that. 😀 It really makes a world of difference when vacationing with limited mobility. Happy cruising to you!