Jump to content

Live from Oasis of the Seas - 9/19


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, corthaus said:

Is the room service American Breakfast complimentary on Oasis right now? Saw on some other threads that it was still being included due to COVID protocols.

Here is the room service breakfast door tag. Looks the same as pre-COVID. 

 

DBD638AA-F9EE-4678-862B-4A63E0F4AE0D.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope the crew member will be ok.   

Are you sure your figure is correct, crew of 450 sounds awfully low?

Second thought after conferring with my other half info from the Maitre  D' add about 200 more crew members. Many of which were in 14 day quarantine after joining the ship from other countries. You'll see there's a lot of new hires from India working in the dining rooms and Solarium. The passenger totals aren't expected to go much higher from New Jersey either.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

 

do you mean you didnt have the booze package and they gave you booze ?  im in a suite next month and i'm not a drinker but wouldnt mind one or 2 during the week

no we didnt have the drink package..one of the perks for a suite is supposed to be 11a,-11pm beer soda wine and water and happy hour from 5pm-8pm. a few times i went to the lounge for an afternoon cocktail and was going to use my drink vouchers but the bartender never swiped my card. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just booked a few days ago. We live in NY, so with the low price and being close, we said, what the heck!

 

We are Diamond, and with the double points we are almost to Diamond Plus. Most likely after our scheduled European cruise next year (fingers crossed).

 

Anyway, since we booked so late, we have a boarding time of 2:30pm.  But from what I am reading, we may be able to come a bit earlier.  What do you think?  I don't want to skirt the rules, but if boarding looks to be going swimmingly, do you suggest it?  Driving from Long Island is a crap shoot with traffic, so planning an arrival time is definitely not something we can easily rely on.  Thanks!  Looking forward to sailing again!! YAY.  2019 was so long ago. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MCazer said:

Just booked a few days ago. We live in NY, so with the low price and being close, we said, what the heck!

 

We are Diamond, and with the double points we are almost to Diamond Plus. Most likely after our scheduled European cruise next year (fingers crossed).

 

Anyway, since we booked so late, we have a boarding time of 2:30pm.  But from what I am reading, we may be able to come a bit earlier.  What do you think?  I don't want to skirt the rules, but if boarding looks to be going swimmingly, do you suggest it?  Driving from Long Island is a crap shoot with traffic, so planning an arrival time is definitely not something we can easily rely on.  Thanks!  Looking forward to sailing again!! YAY.  2019 was so long ago. 

 

a post on the FB group said they were very early and told the person at the door they were in a suite and never were asked about boarding times. im with you as a late booker so appreciate the info. the only downfall is ill have 2 carryons with me so lugging them till cabins open at 2 wont be fun but oh well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MCazer said:

Just booked a few days ago. We live in NY, so with the low price and being close, we said, what the heck!

 

We are Diamond, and with the double points we are almost to Diamond Plus. Most likely after our scheduled European cruise next year (fingers crossed).

 

Anyway, since we booked so late, we have a boarding time of 2:30pm.  But from what I am reading, we may be able to come a bit earlier.  What do you think?  I don't want to skirt the rules, but if boarding looks to be going swimmingly, do you suggest it?  Driving from Long Island is a crap shoot with traffic, so planning an arrival time is definitely not something we can easily rely on.  Thanks!  Looking forward to sailing again!! YAY.  2019 was so long ago. 

Based on what I saw, I think a little earlier would probably work out fine. If I were doing it again, I would plan to get there an hour early. I bet there would be no problem, but you never know. Probably more dependent on if disembarkation went smoothly for the prior cruise. 
 

mac_tc

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, 4everAfamily said:

Hi mac_tlc! 

I have two questions...

1. Who is the Activities Manager currently onboard?

2. Is the Key program being used on your sailing?

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise 😎

I’ll try to find out the Activities manager.

 

As far as the Key, I don’t know for sure but pre-COVID I used to see signs for the Key-folks at various places and I have not seen any yet.

 

 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was told that sailings from this port was very strict. A few people on this sailing said they received an email saying boarding times will be strict and do not come before your scheduled boarding time as you will be turned away. Suites are different, Star class pax can pretty much come when they want. I would say 30min early might be okay but anything over that........

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I’ll try to find out the Activities manager.

 

As far as the Key, I don’t know for sure but pre-COVID I used to see signs for the Key-folks at various places and I have not seen any yet.

 

 

mac_tlc

I got the Key cancellation email this afternoon. Bummer!

Thank you, mac_tlc for keeping us up-to-date with all things Oasis 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, 4everAfamily said:

I got the Key cancellation email this afternoon. Bummer!

Thank you, mac_tlc for keeping us up-to-date with all things Oasis 😎

Your welcome !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Second thought after conferring with my other half info from the Maitre  D' add about 200 more crew members. Many of which were in 14 day quarantine after joining the ship from other countries. You'll see there's a lot of new hires from India working in the dining rooms and Solarium. The passenger totals aren't expected to go much higher from New Jersey either.

This is most likely why the ship is sailing in yellow code on the cdc site.   Maybe code yellow is also used when crew are under quarantine from just arriving on a ship.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is most likely why the ship is sailing in yellow code on the cdc site.   Maybe code yellow is also used when crew are under quarantine from just arriving on a ship.   

You just brought up an interesting item. Last week when we were on the Oasis the CDC color code went from yellow to green. (the code is changed whenever the condition warrants it) On our last day the Captain made an announcement that there was a medical emergency with a crew member and the ship was going to hi-tail to Bayonne arriving much earlier than anticipated. fortunately for the 7 nights we had near flat ocean conditions. So it's conceivably possible that the crew member did have Covid and had to get to a medical facility fast. None of this was leaked to the media, but now you're saying the Oasis is back in the yellow its possible that that could have been the reason with new crew members coming on board or that the ship has had to have crew quarantined.The CDC color wont change when there's a different type of medical emergency.  Good point that you brought up!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ampurp85 said:

I was told that sailings from this port was very strict. A few people on this sailing said they received an email saying boarding times will be strict and do not come before your scheduled boarding time as you will be turned away. Suites are different, Star class pax can pretty much come when they want. I would say 30min early might be okay but anything over that........

I might have missed the scope of your post, but I can tell you from our experience boarding the Oasis at Bayonne for the 9/12-9/19 sailing, for the 1:00-1:30 check in time we were allowed to board by 11:45. people are just waiting outside the terminal on benches to be called. There was never any time that the place was packed. This all depends on how fast people have their paperwork in hand and completed. And as previous posters have mentioned you'll be going through at least four-five stops before you get on the ship. Some cabins were open by noon while others were 2:00pm, at least where we were on Deck 6 mid, The Windjammer had a decent selection to choose from.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would love to know if the Windjammer is open for dinner. My husband likes to grab some food from there even when we are also having dinner in the main dining room. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

@DJLDRUMS Were you a suite? Another poster ask if they could board way early for a 2:30 check-in time and I was replying that it might be an issue. Some ports have been strict with non-suite guest. 

No, a Cat.1D.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MCazer said:

Would love to know if the Windjammer is open for dinner. My husband likes to grab some food from there even when we are also having dinner in the main dining room. 

Windjammer is only open for breakfast and lunch. An officer told us that there are no current plans to open while sailing from NJ. MAYBE when sailing from Florida that could change. For us there were two nights that th er menu didnt cut it. We ate at Giovanni's then  at the new B.B.Q. restaurant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Windjammer is only open for breakfast and lunch. An officer told us that there are no current plans to open while sailing from NJ. MAYBE when sailing from Florida that could change. For us there were two nights that th er menu didnt cut it. We ate at Giovanni's then  at the new B.B.Q. restaurant.

Good to know. Thank you.  Looking forward to the new restaurant options.  Different from our first experience years ago on the Oasis. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MCazer said:

Would love to know if the Windjammer is open for dinner. My husband likes to grab some food from there even when we are also having dinner in the main dining room. 

It is not this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MCazer said:

Good to know. Thank you.  Looking forward to the new restaurant options.  Different from our first experience years ago on the Oasis. Thank you.

We plan on trying Portside BBQ and I hear the nachos at Playmakers are very good. I’ll let you know. 
 

mac_tlc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...