Live from Oasis of the Seas - 9/19

mac_tlc

5 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We plan on trying Portside BBQ and I hear the nachos at Playmakers are very good. I’ll let you know. 

mac_tlc

The meals from the Bar-b-q are very big. The combo with two meats, two sides, and a dessert can feed two people easily. The ribs were really, really, big and tasty.

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We plan on trying Portside BBQ and I hear the nachos at Playmakers are very good. I’ll let you know. 

mac_tlc

Good choice to try the Portside BBQ. But remember it's not a free dinner. I had the brisket w/ mac& cheese as my one side. They give you three slices which was an ample portion but a little on the dry side. EVERYONE said the same thing. My price was 9.43 for that meal.You can order more sides. One man in my group got the ribs and chicken and three sides for 14.53. More than enough!! Wife got the combo pulled pork and " burnt ends" pulled pork and two sides, very tasty and plentiful. You wont go wrong with any choice there. No reservations required. One major disappointment was the Dog House from previous stop offs there. Dogs were not heated up properly,they didnt have relish and raw onions, only carmalized onions, bun was soggy. Skip that place if possible.

5 hours ago, ampurp85 said:

I was told that sailings from this port was very strict. A few people on this sailing said they received an email saying boarding times will be strict and do not come before your scheduled boarding time as you will be turned away. Suites are different, Star class pax can pretty much come when they want. I would say 30min early might be okay but anything over that........

I got the same message about strict boarding times, but I was able to check-in an hour earlier at 10:30am.  As mentioned they were more interested in the C test result and especially the Vaccine cards, at least for my sail.

48 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Didn't get to Playmakers to try the nachos but we noted, its a good spot for the sports enthusiasts with all the "games' taking place.

1 hour ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Didn't get to Playmakers to try the nachos but we noted, its a good spot for the sports enthusiasts with all the "games' taking place.

It sure was hopping yesterday afternoon. Monday Night Football on the big screens in Aquatheatre tonight.

• Like 1

For those interested in what Studio B looks like for an “Everyone” show!!! Two of the three sides reserved for unvaccinated with lots of blocked seats. Other side is for vaccinated with no blocked seats. 

The times for the “V” show are at 10:45 days 1 and 2. Too late for me. There is an earlier show later in the week but it interferes with dinner for us. 

mac_tlc

3C881903-8F61-4C6E-B186-93579C8512B1.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, b&s4cruisin said:

Can you check to see if the UDP includes the BBQ…

Here is the scoop:

• For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20.
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, 4everAfamily said:

Hi mac_tlc! 

I have two questions...

1. Who is the Activities Manager currently onboard?

2. Is the Key program being used on your sailing?

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise 😎

Activities Manager is Talita. 

Could someone please confirm the My Time dining hours? What time does that section (the lowest level of the MDR) open for dinner? I am getting contradicting information: some say 5 or 6. The on-line planner shows 7:45 as the earliest time. Is it possible to book earlier times on board? And if we don’t book any specific time, what’s the earliest time we can show up at? Is there a long wait for those without reservations? Any updates on that would be greatly appreciated!

With most shows starting at 8 - 8:30, we were hoping to dine around 6. But if My Time Dining doesn’t start until 7:30, we may have to switch to traditional dining, I guess. Thanks!

In Port Canaveral today. Outside the window, it is very cloudy with some showers. Our plan is to stay on the ship. Arrival is 2:00PM, sailaway is 8PM. If we had a little more time, we considered renting a car and "visiting" our house in Orlando. But with time to pick it up, unknown traffic on 528 (both ways), drop off, etc. we decided to skip it. Probably visit the Solarium pool if the weather cooperates. 

Considering making a trip to NextCruise. There are a couple of options we are considering, one is this exact sailing same time next year. It is convenient to leave our house and 2.5 hours or so later to be in our cabin. Another is to add another Celebrity Edge sailing in March and make our existing voyage a B2B. Decisions, decisions.....

mac_tlc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ilya said:

Could someone please confirm the My Time dining hours? What time does that section (the lowest level of the MDR) open for dinner? I am getting contradicting information: some say 5 or 6. The on-line planner shows 7:45 as the earliest time. Is it possible to book earlier times on board? And if we don’t book any specific time, what’s the earliest time we can show up at? Is there a long wait for those without reservations? Any updates on that would be greatly appreciated!

With most shows starting at 8 - 8:30, we were hoping to dine around 6. But if My Time Dining doesn’t start until 7:30, we may have to switch to traditional dining, I guess. Thanks!

We were able to make 6:30 MTD reservations on the planner. It’s probably that just the earlier times for the block they put on the planner are full. You can probably make earlier times once on board and if not I’ve never waited long in any MTD line without reservations. We sail Sunday! Enjoy your cruise😊

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

mac_tlc

Definitely try out Portside BBQ. As stated above, portions were ample.  I'd take a pass on the burnt ends but don't miss the ribs.  An officer came around while we were eating and asked for our opinion.  If it goes over well on the Oasis, it might be considered on other ships.  They smoke the meats right onboard. My husband, who likes to smoke bbq, gave it 2 thumbs up.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ilya said:

From today's cruise compass, MyTime Dining is 6:45 to 9:00 for vaccinated guests only, on Deck 3. Reservations are required,

Decks 4 and 5 are for "everyone", meaning unvaccinated kids and their families. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Deck 3 of the restaurant, which is for MTD, actually has first seating diners in the restaurant first.  One night, we tried to change our reservation to an earlier time and were told that we had to wait until the early seating had cleared out.  The earliest we were able to get in to MTD was 6:45.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, watertraveler said:

Deck 3 of the restaurant, which is for MTD, actually has first seating diners in the restaurant first.  One night, we tried to change our reservation to an earlier time and were told that we had to wait until the early seating had cleared out.  The earliest we were able to get in to MTD was 6:45.  

I just checked my cruise planner and it shows 6:30 - 6:45 MTD reservation. I guess we’d just have to wait until 6:45 to be seated but this past weekend I upgraded us to a GS so I’m going to hopefully switch those MTD reservations to CK. I’ve only got 2 because I booked specialty restaurants for the other nights.Thanks for the info!

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

13 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

In Port Canaveral today. Outside the window, it is very cloudy with some showers. Our plan is to stay on the ship. Arrival is 2:00PM, sailaway is 8PM. If we had a little more time, we considered renting a car and "visiting" our house in Orlando. But with time to pick it up, unknown traffic on 528 (both ways), drop off, etc. we decided to skip it. Probably visit the Solarium pool if the weather cooperates. 

Considering making a trip to NextCruise. There are a couple of options we are considering, one is this exact sailing same time next year. It is convenient to leave our house and 2.5 hours or so later to be in our cabin. Another is to add another Celebrity Edge sailing in March and make our existing voyage a B2B. Decisions, decisions.....

mac_tlc

Have you heard any capacity numbers for your sailing? How’s the ship feel with that? Easy to get seats in the bars and lounger chairs at the pools and solarium?

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

From today's cruise compass, MyTime Dining is 6:45 to 9:00 for vaccinated guests only, on Deck 3. Reservations are required,

Decks 4 and 5 are for "everyone", meaning unvaccinated kids and their families. 

mac_tlc

My small group of ALL vax were SUPPOSED to be grouped at the same table on deck 3. When we got to our cabin to obtain our sign and sail pass we quickly found out that that wasn't the case. So off to the M'aitre D to get the scoop. He said, "no problem" and put us all at a table on Deck 4. An excellent table  with an excellent waiter and assistant waiter as a result. There was MORE than ample space between tables, although there were very few on that deck dining. Deck 3 was where the greatest amount of diners were seated. Deck 4 had the least amount with no worry. We could see those on Deck 5 (My Time) that was well spaced among tables with no many using My Time. Our sailing was the second sailing on September 5th to the 19th.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Sorry for bad weather day, hopefully it clears up for you.  Good decision on not renting car and driving, doesnt sound relaxing, best to stay onboard and be catered to.

Maybe a spa day.  Do they still offer spa discounts on port days?

Edited by Sunshine3601