Live from Oasis of the Seas - 9/19

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

wow what time did you take those pics that it was so empty. my gf loves the pics. can i assume more than enough chairs under shade around there? looks like you can position yourself between all 3 restaurants too

I took them about 12:30pm. It was never crowded. We were next to the pool, across the bridge from the bar, under a shady tree. Right near Skippers. Snack shack is close by because you need to have a funnel cake or three. 

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Looks wonderful! That’s where I plan to plant myself.

I’m not going to worry about the reservations. I know we won’t go hungry on that ship! Now we just have to pass the Covid test tomorrow. 

Did you get off the ship in Nassau? We haven’t decided what we were going to do yet but we’re leaning toward staying onboard.

Just go to see the suite lounge concierge as soon as you get on board and they will make all the reservations. I don’t think you will any problem getting them.

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

. can i assume more than enough chairs under shade around there? 

In my opinion, there are very few chairs under the shade around Oasis Lagoon. We tried to find some around 1, so sun would have been directly overhead. We were on the side closest to the Snack Shack and buffet place and there were only a few chairs at the very back that had any shade.  There were more options for a shady spot in the beach area. 

Edited by libbismom
Correction

48 minutes ago, libbismom said:

In my opinion, there are very few chairs under the shade around Oasis Lagoon. We tried to find some around 1, so sun would have been directly overhead. We were on the side closest to the Snack Shack and buffet place and there were only a few chairs at the very back that had any shade.  There were more options for a shady spot in the beach area. 

We were about three rows back in that general area. Plenty of shade, had to move the recliners a bit as the sun moves so we were under the umbrella and the tree. We got there early, around 9.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

We were going to see Aqua80 again tonight but they had to reschedule it to Saturday night at 8. Thunder and lightning in the area. Cruise director said the earlier show had to stop in the middle due to rain and then restart. 

On 9/21/2021 at 8:29 AM, MCazer said:

I keep seeing info for the UDP, and when I sign in on Royal site, I do not see this option. Now, I guess it is because the cruise is so close, and I booked it last week.  But for future reference, can anyone tell me how much it is per person?  

I hear the price varies per cruise ship & length of the cruise, but it was $196/pp when I purchased for the 9/26 7-day Oasis sailing.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:30 PM, bren61 said:

I am trying to preplan out my shows around my dining time. We are doing MTD @ 6:30 and have some questions:

1. What is the average time to allow for our dinner for the 2 of us in the Main Dining Room? I wasn't sure if it automatically blocks off a 2 hour window from 6:30-8:30 that you can't book any shows during that time.

2. Are we allowed to show up a little early since it is MTD (like maybe 6pm) if we are worried about getting to a show?

3.How long are the Adult Comedy Shows, Headliners & Aqua Shows? If they are held more than once during the cruise are they the exact same show or act?

4. What is a Red Party?

5. What shows or comedians aren't worth seeing? I know each person has their own opinion, but for the most part RCCL has excellent entertainment, but we have sat through a couple of pretty bad ones. I know that CATS has a lot of bad reviews, but as it is the only Broadway show that we haven't seen yet on RCCL, we are willing to give it a try this cruise.

#4...A Red Party is one night that the women are asked to wear any red clothing. We were on the 9/12-9/19 sailing.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:30 PM, bren61 said:

I am trying to preplan out my shows around my dining time. We are doing MTD @ 6:30 and have some questions:

1. What is the average time to allow for our dinner for the 2 of us in the Main Dining Room? I wasn't sure if it automatically blocks off a 2 hour window from 6:30-8:30 that you can't book any shows during that time.

2. Are we allowed to show up a little early since it is MTD (like maybe 6pm) if we are worried about getting to a show?

3.How long are the Adult Comedy Shows, Headliners & Aqua Shows? If they are held more than once during the cruise are they the exact same show or act?

4. What is a Red Party?

5. What shows or comedians aren't worth seeing? I know each person has their own opinion, but for the most part RCCL has excellent entertainment, but we have sat through a couple of pretty bad ones. I know that CATS has a lot of bad reviews, but as it is the only Broadway show that we haven't seen yet on RCCL, we are willing to give it a try this cruise.

1- Give yourself an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes from the time you sat and be served.

2- Yes they were flexible. There's only been about 2,300 passengers as an average. 

3- Adult Comedy Shows and Aqua are about an hour. Aqua Shows are the same, the headliner was the first night and on the second show there was a different headliner.

5- Aqua, Ice Show and Headliner great shows. Cat's people were walking out during the performance. Not worth your time for the production. ONE piece of information that shouldn't go unnoticed. They have the air conditioning set too low and can't regulate it. if you sit in the first few rows you'll positively freez and need to year a jacket. A safe bet is to sit where there's overhead covering. Many people walked out because the Theatre was so cold. There's no Love and Marriage game, Belly Flop or some of the other interactions that we were used to attending. Officers said when it gets back to Florida then those events MIGHT take place. Definitely not from Bayonne.

• Like 2

Anyone know if on the ship my husband would be able to purchase the Drink package without me having to purchase it?  The four free drinks I get for Diamond are more than enough, but he likes to try different things and also likes to get bottled water.  We can't buy online, because I would also have to purchase it, and it would be a total waste.  I would also have 2 bottles of wine I will be bringing, so I am more than covered for the week.

46 minutes ago, MCazer said:

Anyone know if on the ship my husband would be able to purchase the Drink package without me having to purchase it?  The four free drinks I get for Diamond are more than enough, but he likes to try different things and also likes to get bottled water.  We can't buy online, because I would also have to purchase it, and it would be a total waste.  I would also have 2 bottles of wine I will be bringing, so I am more than covered for the week.

I believe if he purchases the UBP you still need to purchase the Refreshment package (the nonalcoholic unlimited plan). 

1 hour ago, MCazer said:

If only one person in the cabin wants the Dbp you have to call to book it, cannot do online.   I think the 2nd passenger has to buy the refreshment pkg.  

If you do onboard expect to pay full price of somewhere around $80 or $90 a day and not sure if they will allow only one to purchase. 

Is your husband also Diamond?

Figure out how many drinks a day he would have...beers are around $7 or $8 and cocktails go up to about $13 each.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dajbman22 said:

I believe if he purchases the UBP you still need to purchase the Refreshment package (the nonalcoholic unlimited plan). 

I just called Crown and Anchor, and they were able to let me purchase the package for my husband, and the refreshment for me! And I got the 30% off promotion which they are now offering. And also was able to get the Wifi Vroom Streaming at the 30% discount as well.  I know we would get 20% on wifi onboard, but can't beat 30%, so purchased that now.  All set! Getting excited!  And I get mock drinks and specialty coffee, so big win for me!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cbr said:

Any talk of Hurricane Sam onboard?  Worried about how it may impact the cruise next week.

Was on board for the second sailing, hurricane season is a concern. RCI should have the safety concerns of their passengers number one. If Sam becomes an issue for the departure, then the Oasis would go north to Canada, if its in the middle of your cruise then they'll do whatever they need to do to change whatever they need to do. Still plenty of time to make decisions.

1 hour ago, cbr said:

Any talk of Hurricane Sam onboard?  Worried about how it may impact the cruise next week.

No talk of Sam. Maybe next week depending on track. 

Or the week after that given this picture.  At the end of this track the 9/26 cruise is at CoCoCay. Worth watching for the 10/3 voyage.

cone graphic

Edited by mac_tlc

1 hour ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Was on board for the second sailing, hurricane season is a concern. RCI should have the safety concerns of their passengers number one. If Sam becomes an issue for the departure, then the Oasis would go north to Canada, if its in the middle of your cruise then they'll do whatever they need to do to change whatever they need to do. Still plenty of time to make decisions.

Canada is not reopened to cruise ships so if there is a re-route, it can't be there. Maybe Bermuda perhaps as the foreign port. Tendering would be a nightmare and right now Bermuda is having issues with COVID. Let's hope for smooth sailing for all and the storm tracks out to sea.

I was wondering with Sam how that would work out but it seems the 10/3 sailing has more to worry about than the 9/26 sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

No talk of Sam. Maybe next week depending on track. 

Or the week after that given this picture.  At the end of this track the 9/26 cruise is at CoCoCay. Worth watching for the 10/3 voyage.

cone graphic

Exactly, at 11:00am the minimum central pressure is 993 millibars, (the lower the millibars the stronger the storm) That's a very intense storm (hurricane) that quickly will graduate into a Major hurricane by this Saturday evening. By next Wednesday at the present track St. Marteen and Puerto Rico will be feeling it. Weather is an inexact science so the steering currents can certainly change in either direction in five days.

49 minutes ago, CruisinMaterial said:

Canada is not reopened to cruise ships so if there is a re-route, it can't be there. Maybe Bermuda perhaps as the foreign port. Tendering would be a nightmare and right now Bermuda is having issues with COVID. Let's hope for smooth sailing for all and the storm tracks out to sea.

I was wondering with Sam how that would work out but it seems the 10/3 sailing has more to worry about than the 9/26 sailing.

At approximately 2:00pm today (Friday) there's a subtropical system forming north of Bermuda that has a 70% chance of becoming a weather event for the maritime. Something to watch closely. Last week when we went south on the Oasis we pretty much hugged the coastline, on the return north we were closer to Bermuda, Im sure the Captain will be well informed in changing his course if necessary. I wasn't aware the Canada was still not allowing cruise ships in. Thank you for the updated information.

49 minutes ago, CruisinMaterial said:

At approximately 2:00pm today (Friday) there's a subtropical system forming north of Bermuda that has a 70% chance of becoming a weather event for the maritime. Something to watch closely. Last week when we went south on the Oasis we pretty much hugged the coastline, on the return north we were closer to Bermuda, I'm sure the Captain will be well informed in changing his course if necessary. I wasn't aware the Canada was still not allowing cruise ships in. Thank you for the updated information.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Canada borders still closed for cruise ships and Royal was not able to come to terms with Bermuda's very strict requirements for All travelers cruise ships.   

I am sure Royal's weather people are closely monitoring Sam and will do whatever they need to do to avoid it.    

Be nice to get a couple of free days onboard 😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4