The Daily for Monday September 20, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Happy Monday!  See I can get it right!

Is anyone else having problems replying to threads with an Ipad?  When I hit "reply" it copies the entire thread in my response and won't let me delete the unwanted material.  I had to sign on using Chrome on my Mac.

Yes!!  Quite frustrating. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

No, I can’t see it either.

Can someone repost it for us please? 😊

Very strange her picture was there before and now the screen is blank.

I cheated and copied it from FB as it is the same pic.  I’m sure she wouldn’t mind 😉 

Here is mamaofami’s pic

3DDC2F16-6BC4-407C-993E-634BE4E1CB18.thumb.jpeg.9e752796d0e51afe1551fd708c6d282b.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

49 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'll take a pass on everything today! We had pizza last night, but not pepperoni, which is one of the few things I don't like on a pizza. I've never liked the taste and it gives me heartburn!   DH loves it though.  We've been to Scotland, but not this port.  Thank you to all who are posting photos!

Am I the only one who can't see mamaofami's photo?  I get a blank screen with a huge - in the middle of the screen. 😞  

We will be leaving early in the morning for SeaTac, so depending on CC quirks, internet availability and other things, I may not be able to post much in the next month. Will try to send photos now and then, again if possible.   Please stay well everyone!

Safe travels, Carolyn. Hope you have a wonderful trip & cruise!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

Not a fan of pepperoni pizza, my favorite is sausage and mushroom. And I’ll have to pass on the meal suggestion, Craig won’t eat sauerkraut. I love sauerkraut on a Rueben sandwich, yum. 

Joy, @Seasick Sailor so sorry you have felt so bad. Thank you for checking in with us, I was getting concerned. Feel better soon!

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures of today’s port. The ruins look very interesting. 

Well, I did get some good news today from HAL that our boarding time has changed to Group A 1:00pm (from 1:40).  Still strange that the first group would be so late, but I’m hoping we can board in time to eat lunch in the MDR. Our hotel is just across the street and we have a bay view room so I’ll have to watch what is happening at the pier before we have to check out. I’m thinking if we start walking over at 12:30 we will be okay. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 17

Good Afternoon,  I just watched a report that there are now liquor shortages here in the states.  Reasons for the shortages are lack of bottles, labels and workers.  My sister reported that PA is limiting people to two bottles. I thought it a local issue with the state.  Guess it’s time to prepare for the holidays and shore up the stockpile.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon,  I just watched a report that there are now liquor shortages here in the states.  Reasons for the shortages are lack of bottles, labels and workers.  My sister reported that PA is limiting people to two bottles. I thought it a local issue with the state.  Guess it’s time to prepare for the holidays and shore up the stockpile.  

Or stock up on cardbordeaux 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

2 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Well, I did get some good news today from HAL that our boarding time has changed to Group A 1:00pm (from 1:40).  Still strange that the first group would be so late, but I’m hoping we can board in time to eat lunch in the MDR. Our hotel is just across the street and we have a bay view room so I’ll have to watch what is happening at the pier before we have to check out. I’m thinking if we start walking over at 12:30 we will be okay. 

Yay - that is good news.  Hope you can eat in the MDR 🤞

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

We will be leaving early in the morning for SeaTac, so depending on CC quirks, internet availability and other things, I may not be able to post much in the next month. Will try to send photos now and then, again if possible

Enjoy and have a great time 🙂 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We are booked on the "All Inclusive Luxury Whale Watch" in Juneau later today. Should be a lot of fun, even in the rain. 

Seas are calmer today now that we have moved into a more protected area. Last night the One Step Dance show was cancelled due to the motion of the ocean and a comedian took the main stage in their place.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

I'll be off the boards for the rest of the week because I'm flying to Iowa to help my son & DIL (and 2 cats) drive back to MD for a permanent move. Yay!

While I'm away, I'll be deciding whether I'm going to go on my NA trip in October or cancel. The latest round of itinerary changes (which I learned about here - still nothing from HAL) eliminates the two ports I wanted to see, and I'm not thrilled with an overnight at Half Moon Cay. But, on the other hand, it IS on a BHB. Decision time!

Have a safe trip to Iowa and drive back to MD.   You've got a hard decision to make about your cruise, but I know you will make the right one for you.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

We will be leaving early in the morning for SeaTac, so depending on CC quirks, internet availability and other things, I may not be able to post much in the next month. Will try to send photos now and then, again if possible.   Please stay well everyone!

Have a safe trip and a great cruise.  In case the internet is iffy, an early

🌹 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 🥂

ON SEPTEMBER 27!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Is anyone else having problems replying to threads with an Ipad?  When I hit "reply" it copies the entire thread in my response and won't let me delete the unwanted material.  I had to sign on using Chrome on my Mac.

It's not just iPads. I'm having the same problem on both an Android phone and tablet. I tried a few different browsers and the Quote Selection function doesn't work. It's fine using Firefox on a PC though. Firefox on any mobile platforms seems to have an issue.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, this is not a feel good, upbeat post, but more of a warning.  

Please be very careful out there with the Delta variant.  In our gated community of less than 80 houses, we've had several breakthrough cases of the Delta variant, and at least one was severe, but I don't know how bad the others were.

These people have been gathering all along having happy hour and parties, unmasked, and not socially distanced.  Most say they are vaccinated, but we know one isn't.

Those that contracted the virus self-quarantined for at least two weeks, and about two weeks ago one couple announced they were out of isolation.

We'd noticed that not only had we not seen anyone gathering, we had not seen them driving around in their golf carts.  

The sad, scary thing is none of those infected told anyone except a select few, they were sick.  It was only after their isolation ended that the rest of the neighbors learned about the cases, and that was only on a case by case chance when someone asked them directly if they'd had Covid.  We know for sure of six people who were sick, and suspect there are several more who have not revealed the news.

There are two who have told either DH or our nextdoor neighbor they are not vaccinated and will not get the jab.  One works as a sacker at our local grocery store, and only wears a face shield, not a mask.

We have many people who are very vunerable, and could possibly die if they get the virus.

So please, please continure to be very careful when around people as you cannot know their vaccine or illness status.

We are literally living pretty much like we did a year ago just to be safe even though we had both shots and will get the bosster as soon as we can.

Like us, please wear your masks 😷 and socially distance.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 17

4 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Happy Monday!  See I can get it right!

This was me last week! 

does it count that I watched Shetland last night?  Lerwick has such a bleak beauty!  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Unfortunately, this is not a feel good, upbeat post, but more of a warning.  

Please be very careful out there with the Delta variant.  In our gated community of less than 80 houses, we've had several breakthrough cases of the Delta variant, and at least one was severe, but I don't know how bad the others were.

These people have been gathering all along having happy hour and parties, unmasked, and not socially distanced.  Most say they are vaccinated, but we know one isn't.

Those that contracted the virus self-quarantined for at least two weeks, and about two weeks ago one couple announced they were out of isolation.

We'd noticed that not only had we not seen anyone gathering, we had not seen them driving around in their golf carts.  

The sad, scary thing is none of those infected told anyone except a select few, they were sick.  It was only after their isolation ended that the rest of the neighbors learned about the cases, and that was only on a case by case chance when someone asked them directly if they'd had Covid.  We know for sure of six people who were sick, and suspect there are several more who have not revealed the news.

There are two who have told either DH or our nextdoor neighbor they arenot vaccinaated and will not get the jab.  One works as a sacker at our local grocery store, and only wears a face shield, not a mask.

We have many people who are very vunerable, and could possibly die if they get the virus.

So please, please continure to be very careful when around people as you cannot know their vaccine or illness status.

We are literally living pretty much like we did a year ago just to be safe even though we had both shots and will get the bosster as soon as we can.

Like us, please wear your masks 😷 and socially distance.

Lenda

So sorry to hear this.  I couldn’t like your post but appreciate you sharing it. The delta variant is decimating our province.  I’m hearing of more and more fully vaccinated getting very ill.   We are being advised to be extra cautious right now.  I can’t understand why people wouldn’t be upfront with this information, but sadly that’s the case here too.   Our next door neighbour has long Covid but told us it was allergies!  Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

😉Back now from getting the super flu injection💉...today was the first day it was offered at Kaiser in town. ✔

Bon Voyage to @Cruising-along!!🚢

We've been to Scotland but not to today's port of call.  Someday?🤓

😊I've been reading an interview with Rick Steve's and like the mantra: Covid can derail our travel plans, but it cannot stop our travel dreams. 😊

Katie

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Have a safe trip and a great cruise.  In case the internet is iffy, an early

🌹 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 🥂

ON SEPTEMBER 27!

Wow!!!  You have an amazing memory!  Thank you so much. We will be in Crete that day and dining in the Pinnacle that night. 🤞

• Like 10