Do you have to pack everything between b2bs?

tillys mom

Just received this phone message this morning (9/20/21 @ 8:20 AM PDT):

Hi, this message is for Ms. Y. My name is Trey and I'm calling from Princess Cruise. This is in regard to your email that you sent in concerning the COVID 19 negative test. So right now it's actually dictated by the ship.  Currently. The plan is for you to disembark, test in the testing area of the pier and get back on, but that is subject to change. So right now that's all the information that we have on that page. If anything does change we will keep you updated and send you an emergency notification. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us at one 800-774-6237 or you may reach us via chat at www.princess, There's a green chat button on the bottom of the screen. If you look in the top left-hand corner of the screen, we do updates so you can check updates and look under Health protocol to see if anything has changed. Thank you so much for trusting Princess Cruises. We look forward to seeing you age. Have a wonderful afternoon. Goodbye.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tillys mom said:

Thanks everyone. I thought I had read what cri8tiv1 shared about getting off for the test. Life would be simpler if we could do what LAcruiser and Eppe4 said they were doing on the Majestic. 

I am really hoping this isn't so.  But....it wasn't an email sent with a link.  It was a live person leaving me a phone message regarding an email I had sent to inquire about b2b testing.  BTW....interesting...on that same day (email sent), I live chatted with an agent who also told me that a test between cruises WOULD NOT be required because they were short cruises.  

I don't know why I bother spending my time spinning wheels.  Not much I can do once on the ship except to abide by their directions.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am really hoping this isn't so.  But....it wasn't an email sent with a link.  It was a live person leaving me a phone message regarding an email I had sent to inquire about b2b testing.  BTW....interesting...on that same day (email sent), I live chatted with an agent who also told me that a test between cruises WOULD NOT be required because they were short cruises.  

I don't know why I bother spending my time spinning wheels.  Not much I can do once on the ship except to abide by their directions.  

Packing up between cruises was something I was also worried about having to do with my upcoming B2B.  My PVP mentioned that in the event we tested positive, the crew would pack up our stuff for us.  Well, my  luggage is like a puzzle … they’d never get everything back in there.  Plus, I wouldn’t want to subject them to having to touch my germy items.  

My PVP came up with an ingenious idea … maybe we should just take a home testing kit with us…just to get an idea if we are infected and asymptomatic.  Who knows, maybe even would even take that test result?  
It would be awesome to know that the other US ports were to handle the B2B testing like they are doing on the Majestic.  Looks like they are even allowing B2Bs in the same cabin on that ship.  I’m hearing that other ships are not handling this the same… you must keep the same cabin.  Luckily, we are in the same cabin, thanks to my PVP,  but we know others that are not and it is causing them some heartache.  

For what it’s worth, we are going to find out how the Grand handles B2B sailings within the week.  I’ve started a live feed for the Sept 25th and Sept 30th post and will address everything we can find out about B2Bs on that thread. 
Where testing is done .. on or off the ship?

What Princess does if we test positive? 

Will they accept the results of the home test kit if medically monitored? 

Should we pack up between sailings?

Are we able to sail in two different cabins for each leg?  If no, when does this policy expire?

Please let me know if there any related questions I can report back on.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I live chatted with an agent who also told me that a test between cruises WOULD NOT be required because they were short cruises.  

Actually that makes a lot of sense. We are on the 4-day then the 5-day. We test 2 days before boarding, then would need to re-test 5 or so days later. I guess we just wait and see what happens. 🤷‍♀️