Ponant Cancelled Cruise List Updated September 17, 2021

AussieBoyTX

This is the first update since June. I don't know if there's any huge news other than Ponant intends to operate the Caribbean, Middle East, Seychelles and Antarctic cruises starting in November. Most Pacific cruises are cancelled; first French Polynesia cruise on Paul Gauguin is November 6 (but schedule is modified); Australian cruises are cancelled through December 8, where they resume with Cairns-Brisbane; repositioning cruises (Lisbon-Fort-de-France) are cancelled.

The list only goes through the end of the year. What did I miss?

https://fr.calameo.com/read/000132423cf461dcaf716?authid=BIZNrwBnxZY5

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, gogo65 said:

Is there an updated list? I can only see the list for AU/NZ.

just interested to compare if things are changing now we can leave the country!

The global cancellation list only goes through the end of 2021 and hasn't been updated since September 17. Anyway, here's that link: https://fr.calameo.com/read/000132423cf461dcaf716?authid=BIZNrwBnxZY5

6 hours ago, parischris said:

Can also add 23 Dec - 6 Jan Dunedin - Dunedin NZ Subantartic to the list. Cancellation advice came through last night. 

I spoke to POnant today and they advised they had cancelled further  December cruises.

Ive been following the cancellations closely, we are on the 6/1 and the 13/1 from Dunedin.

I’m really interested though if they have cancelled the Hobart cruise leaving 23/12. Being that cruise incorporates the finish line of the Syd-Hobart yacht race, of which Ponant is a sponsor, I’d be thinking they would want to have a ship there.

Weve been told they are in negotiations to have our cruise ( the Antarctic cruise leaving 13thJan, not the week long one ending Jan 13) embark from Tasmania, Ive just read on the Aussie board that Tasmania will open their borders mid December.

Now if they can just get approval to sail….

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates here?  I am on Ponant mid-January (2022) around New Zealand and we are getting the usual "we will let you know before 30 days prior to sailing".  Getting a bit anxious being two months out now . . .

6 hours ago, jratly said:

Any updates here?  I am on Ponant mid-January (2022) around New Zealand and we are getting the usual "we will let you know before 30 days prior to sailing".  Getting a bit anxious being two months out now . . .

Jratly, what date?

Ive been following the cancellations since mid year when our Kimberley cruise was cancelled.

They have been cancelling two months out (as per their original protocols), not the month currently published on their website.

Routinely they waitlist them, then a week later the official cancellation comes through.

Our Jan 6th NZ cruise was cancelled two weeks ago (waitlisted) and the official email came through last Monday.

All NZ cruises have been waitlisted except the two Antartica cruises that Ponant are trying to get to embark/disembark from Hobart instead of Dunedin, the only other cruise still for sale is the NZ to Noumea cruise.

Did you book through a TA? If so they may have already been notified.

Interestingly last week quite a few cabins became available on our Jan 13th cruise, I wondered whether they cancelled NZ cruisers (being that it wont be sailing from Dunedin and NZ are fairly restricted on returning to the country?) or whether it was an agency that had hold of them.

6 hours ago, jratly said:

Just noticed you are from the US, I thought they were cancelled months ago and they were only selling to AUS/NZ residents.

Jratly, NZ have not opened their borders and they have advised cruises wont be starting till Oct 2022.

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/no-cruising-in-new-zealand-before-october-2022/

In regards to Ponant,  I’ve been following the cancellations closely.

They like most cruise lines are cancelling as late as possible, they are cancelling one by one rather than a whole season at a time.

Our Kimberley cruise went fully booked at 10 weeks out and then we got the cancelled email about a week later (these cruises followed the exact same process every week)

Our January 6th cruise went to Fully booked on the 26th Oct and went onto the cancelled list on the 2nd November. It seems to happen on a Tuesday (AU time-Monday French time?). Just on 2 months out. The cancel list seems to get updated every 2 weeks,

When we booked there was something on the website that said they would advise you two months out, this has now changed to 1 month (to coincide with final payment).

I spoke with my TA who deals directly with Ponant, he said he has spoken with a senior staff member who advised they were looking at moving our embarkation to Hobart in Australia due NZ not opening for cruises for 12 months, as a result our cruise (13th Jan Antartica ) has not followed the same pattern all the other cruises have and remains still listed although we expected to hear exactly one week after our Jan 6th cancellation.

When our Jan 6th cancellation occurred it seemed all the remaining NZ cruises went to fully booked (as did the Australian ones) at the same time, except for the NZ to Noumea cruise (the one following yours).

I would expect that your cruise will be on the official list next week, however i am extremely surprised that they haven’t informed you earlier.

I did notice a week ago about 20 cabins became available on our Jan 13th sailing, I assumed they were NZ passengers being cancelled but maybe it was passengers from other countries. 

Edited by gogo65

• 2 weeks later...

Well, over a week now and still no word from Ponant as to whether the Jan 15 cruise to NZ is cancelled.  The two early cruises in January to NZ have already been cancelled.  I spoke with Ponant twice this week and they were to send a message "up" to get more information.  This is very frustrating, especially given that we know NZ is not letting ships in until October 2022.  Any suggestions on how to make them fish or cut bait??!  I am ready to get my refund and make other plans.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:31 PM, jratly said:

https://en.calameo.com/read/00013242352370cf4f98e?authid=IKGWl3KXEijB

Where did you get this new list?  Their website still shows the link to the previous list dated 9/17/21.  I did clear cache and tried it on two different browsers but still get the old list.

This list is only displayed on the Australian Ponant site. 

On 11/20/2021 at 9:31 AM, jratly said:

https://en.calameo.com/read/00013242352370cf4f98e?authid=IKGWl3KXEijB

Where did you get this new list?  Their website still shows the link to the previous list dated 9/17/21.  I did clear cache and tried it on two different browsers but still get the old list.

Yes as Aussieboy advised, this is from the Australian site and seems to get updated every 2 weeks.

Have you been notified yet jratly?