QUESTIONS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE FLOWN INTO ROME FROM US

victory2020

Hello, I will be flying in 2 days  (the 22nd, arriving in Rome the 23rd). What is the exact procedure? I have gotten a PCR text today & I'll be getting rapid tomorrow just to be safe. Can you print boarding pass from home or must you check in at airline desk? Does process take longer than normal check in? What do you need to show? I also printed out forms for Italy, who & when do I give those out? 

Are you checking a bag? Then you need to interact and check in with staff at the airport...you won't just be going direct to the gate.

Have you put your passport info into your booking? If so, it is possible you won't show your passport, but I would plan on showing your passport and you might be able to print your boarding pass...particularly for a domestic leg. Otherwise, plan on getting your boarding passes when you check your bags.

Over on the Italy board, there is this thread on testing requirements, etc:

I would add my standard advice which is to check with both your airline and government of the appropriate place (in this case Italy) for the latest requirements/restrictions.  These days the rules can change from day to day and it is incumbent on the traveler to keep up with the latest info.  Check-ins can take longer then normal since the staff must now check and verify that each passenger meets the necessary COVID rules for their final (and transit) destinations.  

Hank

4 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Hello, I will be flying in 2 days  (the 22nd, arriving in Rome the 23rd). What is the exact procedure? I have gotten a PCR text today & I'll be getting rapid tomorrow just to be safe. Can you print boarding pass from home or must you check in at airline desk? Does process take longer than normal check in? What do you need to show? I also printed out forms for Italy, who & when do I give those out? 

I flew Lufthansa into Rome from Houston a few weeks ago. We could check-in, but not print boarding passes. At the airport, they took the luggage, looked at our test results, vaccine records, and checked that we had the EUPF form. If any of those were missing, I assume that they wouldn't let us board. 

No one else ever looked at the EUPF form, but I believe in Franfurt they checked the shot records again, but don't hold me to that.

On the return, we could check-in and get the boarding passes, but still had to go through the other stuff at Frankfurt. They also looked at test results there. On Lufthansa anyway, for the return, we needed to have the US Attestation form pre-filled out at check-in. Some airlines don't do it until you are on the plane and returning home and give you the form. That was not the case with us and luckily the hotel we were at printed them for us, as I didn't even know about the form until the day before we were returning home.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

I flew Lufthansa into Rome from Houston a few weeks ago. We could check-in, but not print boarding passes. At the airport, they took the luggage, looked at our test results, vaccine records, and checked that we had the EUPF form. If any of those were missing, I assume that they wouldn't let us board. 

No one else ever looked at the EUPF form, but I believe in Franfurt they checked the shot records again, but don't hold me to that.

On the return, we could check-in and get the boarding passes, but still had to go through the other stuff at Frankfurt. They also looked at test results there. On Lufthansa anyway, for the return, we needed to have the US Attestation form pre-filled out at check-in. Some airlines don't do it until you are on the plane and returning home and give you the form. That was not the case with us and luckily the hotel we were at printed them for us, as I didn't even know about the form until the day before we were returning home.

Thank you. Found the form online & printed!

13 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Are you checking a bag? Then you need to interact and check in with staff at the airport...you won't just be going direct to the gate.

Have you put your passport info into your booking? If so, it is possible you won't show your passport, but I would plan on showing your passport and you might be able to print your boarding pass...particularly for a domestic leg. Otherwise, plan on getting your boarding passes when you check your bags.

Over on the Italy board, there is this thread on testing requirements, etc:

Not checking a bag, passport info & pre check # in my reservation, I guess to show covid info I'll need to check in at the counter before going through security?