question for Notamermaid

pacmom

good evening,

A few months I mentioned we were hoping to do Berlin and Dresden Christmas markets as a land trip. Do you this they will still be going this year.  We have flights and hotels booked along with another couple.  They fly thru Paris and we thru Heathrow.  Any thoughts about what it is like in BErlin and Dresden now? Thanks, Pat

Hello pacmom,

to be honest, I have not kept an eye on the situation beyond my own state, but I can tell you that the Eastern states fare better than the Western ones. Some parts of Berlin are a different matter though. Overall, the situation is therefore not too bad, but as regards large gatherings, well, that is an open question. You can follow the situation concerning the incidence rates in Saxony here: https://www.coronavirus.sachsen.de/infektionsfaelle-in-sachsen-4151.html

You can see that as of today, Dresden is over 35 which means restrictions apply that are strong enough to cause problems with the Christmas markets, if I understand the Saxony regulations correctly. But that does not mean they will not take place. It is only September. They are planning to hold the markets with the text in red basically saying that anything can happen, they will make decisions in autumn: https://www.zu-gast-in-dresden.de/weihnachtsmaerkte-dresden/

They will be as create as possible to come up with something nice and work at that till the last minute I should think.

For Berlin, I have no idea.

Basically, the rules for masks, physical distancing and the 3G regulations apply. I assume this will stay with us into winter. Incidence rates and situations are up and down and we have a range from 218 to zero right now (zero happens to be Eisenach in the East).

You could also send AnhalterER1960 a message. He may have a bit more info, being closer to Dresden than I am.

notamermaid