Resort day pass without pre-booking?

craig01020

• 3 weeks later...

We haven't been there post covid, but pre covid several times we spent the day at Ed Cid, which is a short walk from the international pier. For $22 or $23 per person we were able to snorkel, use the lounge chairs, the hot tub and and wifi. It also included a $12 or $13 credit for food and drink. We did not have to book this in advance, just walk up and pay when you get there. We hope to do this again on our upcoming Dec. cruise. I believe they also have a more expensive all inclusive option.

• Like 1

We have also done the above option at El Cid. I have also bought day passes to Park Royal across the road, when we have had kids with us or wanted to stay more than couple of hours - more pools, larger and better facilities but you have to do AI and I am not sure if they would be offering it presently. Our recent favorite has been Del Mar Latino, a little further towards town from El Cid, adult-only, AI.

however IF this is for your Norwegian Gem cruise you will probably dock in town and these would all require a taxi ride which negates their convenience. Not sure if specifically want a day pass to a hotel resort (there are several more) but easy enough to get a taxi to beach clubs like Paradise Beach or Mr Sanchos and buy PAYG or AI pass on the day. 

There are plenty of clubs or resorts to choose from - it very much depends on the ambience, or activities you are wanting to do.