Replacement Mariner Pins

ski ww

11 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

What does make the job of an Executor helpful is to hire an attorney who is experienced in handling such affairs and not get involved with the intricate details of such Estates.  From my Brother's and my experience in dealing with our parents Estate when I was the Executor, whatever is paid is worth every penny for such professional help.  

Of course it does, but I can assure you no lawyer is going to be involved in selling off individual items.  They will go up for auction.  And can you imagine the cost to the estate if they did?

anyways, you do what you want but I recommend if they hold the value you think they do (similar to DH with his CD collection - he’s dreaming 😉 ), sell it while one of you is living and dictate the price or negotiate. 

Just my advice based on my previous vocation and experience with estates.

and now, back to our regularly scheduled programme…… 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

but I can assure you no lawyer is going to be involved in selling off individual items.  They will go up for auction.  And can you imagine the cost to the estate if they did?

anyways, you do what you want but I recommend if they hold the value you think they do (similar to DH with his CD collection - he’s dreaming 😉 ), sell it while one of you is living and dictate the price or negotiate. 

Maybe like the CD collection of your DH, it's difficult to sell "your children".  

I do not expect my attorney to dispose of my items piecemeal.  Yes, by auction is most efficient.  But,  I DO expect my Executor to deal with maritime memorabilia  dealers and obtain the best price that he can obtain.  If he does not do that, it will not be in either his best interest or in the interest of my Estate.  

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

Maybe like the CD collection of your DH, it's difficult to sell "your children".  

I do not expect my attorney to dispose of my items piecemeal.  Yes, by auction is most efficient.  But,  I DO expect my Executor to deal with maritime memorabilia  dealers and obtain the best price that he can obtain.  If he does not do that, it will not be in either his best interest or in the interest of my Estate.  

🤷‍♂️ good luck

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 3:04 PM, KirkNC said:

We throw our pins and medallions away.

The medallions make great ornaments for the back of the Christmas tree. There’s just a glint of something shiny through the branches without being overpowering. It gives the tree a fully decorated look without hiding anything you like to see closely.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Did the Mariner Society get you new pins?

No. Thanks for getting back to me. I got busy with life and it was not important enough to follow up at this time. I'll check with them later.

10 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Can't find a 5 star on eBay.   On 3 stars for sale today that I could find.   I'm not sure I ever got a 5 star pin. 

Right I know, I'm sure I never got any pins (and very few tiles!); I thought the pins might be discontinued! Keep watching eBay; put a permanent search with email notification on it?

2 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Right I know, I'm sure I never got any pins (and very few tiles!); I thought the pins might be discontinued! Keep watching eBay; put a permanent search with email notification on it?

Hmmmmm.   I got a 4 star.... maybe I never did get a 5 star?????  

I found my 4 star pin but I couldn't find my 5 star pin.  

25 minutes ago, helby said:

I have lots of tiles but I have never received a pin and , like thought they were discontinued.

That may explain why I never got one and none are for sale on eBay.   I emailed the Mariner Society.   

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

4 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Just got off the phone with the Mariner society.   They are still making pins but you have to get them from the ship.  They don't have any.     

on my next cruise I will stop by and get ours!

So that is the way to get a pin.  I will stop by on my next cruise to get my 2* pin!!!