VeriFly What does it do???

MSEm

Viking has requested that I put Verifly on my cell phone and fill out What???  What does this app do besides take up space on my cell phone?

What happens if my cell phone does not work.  Do I have to carry my cell phone at all times on this cruise?

I will have my USA Passport that is ID, my Covid Vaccination Card, and a hard copy of my PCR test results.

Delta Airlines will require me to show my passport to board the plane for Paris. Viking has sent an email stating I must show the results of the PCR test and I completed the online form about my Covid vacciations.

How is this app used? 

Thanks for any information.

Verifly is used to electronically transmit your vaccine information to Viking so they have it to use for their purposes and to interface with the various governmental organizations as required. Verifly verifies your vaccine data to make sure it is consistent.

• Like 1

How is it verified?  I got my vaccines at a drive through clinic.  Received my Vaccination card with my name on the card and the date of vaccination. Do I just type in the dates of vaccination?

1 hour ago, MSEm said:

How is it verified?  I got my vaccines at a drive through clinic.  Received my Vaccination card with my name on the card and the date of vaccination. Do I just type in the dates of vaccination?

The steps needed are all laid out in the VeriFly app.  You will need an electronic image of your card.

We used Verifly for our Iceland cruise. I began the process, got to the picture and decided I needed makeup, so decided to wait. My DH completed his at work. The next day I get a phone call from my TA with Viking on the line asking if I had a problem. (This was before it was due). I admitted my vanity and the Viking rep said he could send me another way to verify my vaccine. No big deal, I completed the process. A little hiccup, I had put in my name without my middle name which is on my passport. However, Viking only cares about the vaccination verification since they had my passport info. Once Verifly notifies you that they verified your information to Viking, you can delete the app because it’s a new process every time you might need it (American airlines uses it). 

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the replies.  I talked with a woman at Viking in California.  She told me the information is sent to the CDC to verify and then the app will have a QR code in the app that Viking will scan to get on the boat.  I completed the form and now waiting for the QR code to show up. 

So now I am wondering how you can eliminate the app from your phone before you travel if you need to QR code to get on the boat?

Another Viking agent told me not to worry about the app. She said as long as I have my Passport, Vaccination card and PCR results the app is not really needed.

I have my doubts about the CDC verifying my Vaccination card and that I got the Covid vaccinations.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MSEm said:

Thanks for all the replies.  I talked with a woman at Viking in California.  She told me the information is sent to the CDC to verify and then the app will have a QR code in the app that Viking will scan to get on the boat.  I completed the form and now waiting for the QR code to show up. 

So now I am wondering how you can eliminate the app from your phone before you travel if you need to QR code to get on the boat?

The CDC doesn’t have your vaccine information on file. Your state OR local county health dept. has it—and I doubt that Verifly can access it without a specific medical release form from you. Verifly’s “verification” is your attestation and info you enter plus pic of your card and selfie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LindaS272 said:

Verifly’s “verification” is your attestation and info you enter plus pic of your card and selfie.

I used Verifly for our Iceland cruise at the beginning of the summer.  Since I entered all the information listed above, and Viking must have in some sense ticked it off, I wonder why I have to do the same thing over again for our Panama Canal cruise in December.

Not sure if this point has been made, but when Viking asked us to use Verifly for our Iceland cruise, their email said the purpose was to expedite the boarding formalities.  No where did they state it was mandatory.  See quote from Viking’s email:

“To expedite the embarkation process, Viking has partnered with VeriFLY, an independent third-party vendor, to digitally pre-verify your vaccination status through their app.”

I used Verifly and they confirmed our information in less than 30 minutes.  Not sure it was anything more than a cursory machine review.  And when we got to the port in Reykjavik, they checked all our documents again, photographed all and didn’t appear to refer at any time to a data base containing previously submitted information.  Whole process with the Viking agent at the port was less than 5 minutes.  

So the bottom line for us:  using Verifly probably didn’t save us any time, although it wasn’t particularly difficult.  Next time, I’ll skip the preregistration unless it’s clearly mandatory.  Our experience, YMMV.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

I used Verifly for our Iceland cruise at the beginning of the summer.  Since I entered all the information listed above, and Viking must have in some sense ticked it off, I wonder why I have to do the same thing over again for our Panama Canal cruise in December.

Because each trip is a separate "item" within the app.  And the app does not cross reference between different trips and/or countries.

For Iconic Med cruise:

TO TRAVEL WITH VIKING:
1. Valid Passport (must be valid for 6 months beyond your planned trip dates)
2. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination – certified by VeriFLY with FDA/WHO/EMA Approved Vaccine (received at least 14 days
prior to departure), including Moderna (Moderna), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Johnson & Johnson (Janssen),
AstraZeneca/Oxford (Vaxzevria) or Sinopharm (Hayat-Vax)
3. Proof of negative COVID-19 PCR – taken within 72 hours of boarding first outbound flight from home country/home (US
and Canadian guests).
4. Cruise Documents/Journey Summary
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS TO TRAVEL TO TURKEY:
1. For UK Guests, proof of negative COVID-19 PCR – taken 72 hours before arrival in Turkey ( 2. All guests - Turkey Passenger Locator Form (PFL) and HES code
3. For US and Canadian guests - Turkey VISA (ETA)

(Emphasis is mine.)

Tom

21 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

It still seems a waste of space and time as the latest instructions from Viking for our Hawaii voyage tells us to bring our CDC card for inspection at checkin.  Way too much "junk" on my phone to worry with adding this one.

If there is "way to much junk on my phone," why not delete some of it so there is room for an excellent app like Verifly that makes your travel life easier. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MSEm said:

Why would you want to eliminate the app from your phone? It takes up next to nothing as far as space. About the same as a single photograph.

• Like 1