Transatlantic: Celebrity vs Princess

JVNYC

Good day all.  I'm looking at taking my first solo cruise and doing a transatlantic in the fall 2022.  I've never sailed Celebrity or Princess but both have a great itinerary (Celebrity Reflection and either Sky or Enchanted Princess).  Wanted to get some advice from all the solo cruisers out there which would be better for a 50 year old guy.  Good food and places to mingle are definitely important.  I'm not a late night guy.  Just looking to relax and also meet some interesting people and have a quality vacation.  Look forward to your insights. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JVNYC said:

Good food and places to mingle are definitely important.  I'm not a late night guy.  Just looking to relax and also meet some interesting people and have a quality vacation.  Look forward to your insights. 

Either Princess or Celebrity ought to provide a very good TA experience.  Celebrity Reflection has been in service longer than Sky Princess of Enchanted Princess.  I have not sailed on either of these two Princess ships, but I have sailed on Celebrity Eclipse which is a sister to Reflection.  A very nice ship with lots of venues for one to meet others.  I would rate the food and service on Princess to be a bit better than on Celebrity.  But, not by a significant amount.  

I have been on Princess more in the last several years than Celebrity.  Generally speaking, Celebrity seems to run more expensive for solo cruisers.  

Princess has a lot of opportunities to mingle.  If you go to cruisedeckplans.com and look at Deck 5 on the Sky, you will see several places for meeting and talking to other passengers.  They have live music there, too.

I have found Celebrity ships are more elegant looking and feeling than other cruise lines like RCCL, HAL, and Princess.

• Like 1

I was disappointed with the food and service on my last Celebrity cruise. That said, either would be fine. My solo cruises have all been on Princess. I have not had any problems meeting people. I have gone to the singles and solos meetings and the LGBT meetings and I meet people at trivia and other events around the ship. 

• 1 month later...

I sailed on a few Princess cruises before I heard they were the upscale cruise line for Carnival.  I liked them but never thought of them upscale.  Now I have only been on one Celebrity but I knew I was on an upscale cruise line.  It is not the level of the top ones but it was above what I was used it.  It was very refined and did the little things.  With that said I like NCL for my solo Trans-Atlantic Cruises because of the Solo Cruise Director and Solo Activities.