Coco Cay

ljk76

We are a 60+ retired couple too.  Late time we were there we spent a little time at the pool then spent the rest of the time at the beach.  We took blow up noodles and enjoyed.  We really liked the food too.  This time we have so much OBC we decided to do the slides.  I am sure it will be a change climbing to the top but looking forward to it.

• Like 2

There were lots of unused hammocks.  Beach chairs were plentiful.

You have to bring your own towels from the ship and oddly, you had to go to the pool deck to check them out.  I didn't see the rolling desk at the embarkation deck. Maybe they don't want people congregating there because of social distancing? 

2 hours ago, flamingos said:

You have to bring your own towels from the ship and oddly, you had to go to the pool deck to check them out.  I didn't see the rolling desk at the embarkation deck. Maybe they don't want people congregating there because of social distancing? 

Currently on Oasis, there was a QR code for us to scan and state how many towels we wanted for Coco Cay so they can deliver them to our room the night before. We are supposed to be able to swap them out for dry towels at several places on the island. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flamingos said:

There were lots of unused hammocks.  Beach chairs were plentiful.

There are towel stations on Coco Cay. We have been there three times in the last six weeks and we always get towels at Coco Cay. That is a lot easier than carrying towels from and back to the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, libbismom said:

Currently on Oasis, there was a QR code for us to scan and state how many towels we wanted for Coco Cay so they can deliver them to our room the night before. We are supposed to be able to swap them out for dry towels at several places on the island. 

80's and 90's no signout needed, the Royal Room Attendant would leave Towels take ashore in Cabin nite before Sea Day. Never fail back then, see hundreds towels on Island Beaches all over the Carib from all Cruise Lines left behind from previous sailings. Last couple years sign out of Towels was on Pool Deck only most time, Port Days and not. Once in while would also have them on a Pier. Though havent been to Coco Cay since Sept 2001

10 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

There are towel stations on Coco Cay. We have been there three times in the last six weeks and we always get towels at Coco Cay. That is a lot easier than carrying towels from and back to the ship. 

Interesting - the announcement on the ship said we had to take our own.

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

80's and 90's no signout needed, the Royal Room Attendant would leave Towels take ashore in Cabin nite before Sea Day. Never fail back then, see hundreds towels on Island Beaches all over the Carib from all Cruise Lines left behind from previous sailings. Last couple years sign out of Towels was on Pool Deck only most time, Port Days and not. Once in while would also have them on a Pier. Though havent been to Coco Cay since Sept 2001

I have witnessed that myself so I can understand the check out check in although it is inconvenient for those responsible to keep track of their towel or for those who won't pack them to take home. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Maybe they were low on towels on the island that day for some reason? Even when we went there pre-Covid we got towels on the island. 

I haven't been to CococCay for about 5 years, but on other cruises they had towel rental/return on the embarkation deck.  It was odd.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Hmm, I am 60+ and normally do a wave runner ride. 😄

You can pay extra to do a wave runner. We were just on the Mariner last week with a stop at Coco Cay. We booked a wave runner with hubby as driver ($95?) and me as the passenger($40?) We also paid for a beach bed on Chill Island and loved it. You get the large bed under a canopy, 2 beach lounger chairs, an umbrella, 2 floating water mats and a cooler with 4 bottles of water. And our towels were given to us by the beach bed concierge when we arrived. It was $199 for the rental and we felt it was worth every penny and have booked one for our visit there in May. Food was delicious!

• Like 2

We were going to get beach beds a few weeks ago but they are all out in the sun.  So we cancelled ours for second cruise.  Lots of loungers with umbrellas under the trees for free.  We took pool towels from ship and traded them in for dry before coming back (lots lighter to carry).  Normally we sign out towels on the first day of the cruise and just exchange them when wet. We have seen cases where the towel stations are not open when going ashore so we always get ours in advance.

Signing out towels multiple times can result in charges for unreturned towels after the cruise.  While we had a paper in the room that the steward would get us towels we already had what we needed before he left the paper.  He still swapped out a couple of our damp ones mid-cruise without us asking.

Most food is included.  The Snack Shacks have a decent funnel cake and pretty good brownie with caramel sauce.  Lunch usual hamburger/hot dog/corn cob type of stuff but also had panini and Philly sandwiches and tacos.  If you have soda package it works on shore, but soda is in 2L bottles.

The only place that was hard to get a shaded lounger on Coco Cay was near the pool.  Not impossible, but only a few available.  Hundreds available everywhere else.

Edited by LeeW
clarity

On 9/21/2021 at 10:07 PM, libbismom said:

That’s good to know

23 hours ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

You can pay extra to do a wave runner. We were just on the Mariner last week with a stop at Coco Cay. We booked a wave runner with hubby as driver ($95?) and me as the passenger($40?) We also paid for a beach bed on Chill Island and loved it. You get the large bed under a canopy, 2 beach lounger chairs, an umbrella, 2 floating water mats and a cooler with 4 bottles of water. And our towels were given to us by the beach bed concierge when we arrived. It was $199 for the rental and we felt it was worth every penny and have booked one for our visit there in May. Food was delicious!

in the water in front of the beach beds, any need for water shoes. first time at coco and i know next door on NCLs island they come in handy.

also another poster says those beds are in the sun all day. did you experience that

i need shade when i'm sitting. cant be in the sun 

Edited by luckyinpa

DSCN1253.thumb.JPG.d8b8cf4916ae51b56d58228ee6b20800.JPGMessage_1630686155390.thumb.jpg.c7e94c46a50c57afcfde64cd5ca0c2fd.jpgMost of the swimming areas have a few rocks but you don't have to use water shoes (we do, though). 

The beach beds had sheer curtains around them but we got lots better shade for free in the trees with an umbrella.  And if the shade moves there were a ton of empty loungers to move to (and we did).  Beach beds shown were near snack shack at Breezy Bay (12 on map).  Second shot was Chill Island (near 26 on map).