Dancing with the Stars 2021, anybody watching?

retiring soon

Hi all!

DWTS started last night so I was wondering if anybody's watching this season. As usual I don't know many of the "stars" but it does look like an interesting

season with some combos we've never see before.

Was worried that Carrie Ann would have a wardrobe malfunction last night!! Tyra was quite glittery!

~ Jo ~ 😊

I didn't know any of the stars so I didn't watch.  

Maybe I'll do a quick watch next week to see who the judges are, etc.  

I watched the last season they were on for a few episodes, but I just couldn't warm up to Tyra.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:34 PM, mafig said:

I didn't know any of the stars so I didn't watch.  

Maybe I'll do a quick watch next week to see who the judges are, etc.  

I watched the last season they were on for a few episodes, but I just couldn't warm up to Tyra.

I knew six this time but I didn't realize I knew some of them until I watched the show. 🙂  And I knew Olivia Jade for the wrong reasons.  Let's hope she's grown up and learned some lessons.

Well!  Tyra's outfits last night were certainly not cruise inspiration, no matter how dressy one gets!  The second one would probably not even fit in an elevator, and her dinner companions would have to sit further away to avoid being bumped by the "wings".  Oh well.

• Haha 1

HI all!

Yes, I was thinking those outfits were not suitable attire for a cruise, although the 2nd one would insure social distancing!! She still looks heavier than I remember her from America'sTop Model.

Did it seem to any of you that something black was hanging down from the back of Kenya's outfit?

I was glad the right person was sent home & that the athlete stayed, I really like him.

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Tyra's outfits are definitely not cruise worthy.  Well, maybe the second one could have been used for the napkin folding demonstration. 😁 The first one looked sort of like she draped orange garbage bags around her body.  So odd and unflattering.

Melanie C's dress was pretty and cruise-appropriate. 

Poor Cheryl looked like she could hardly keep her eyes open but she still got into a dress and make-up.  I hope she recovers quickly!  I wonder how her partner will be able to practice this week.  I'm sure they could assign him a temporary coach but not if he's still quarantined.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:25 AM, retiring soon said:

Did it seem to any of you that something black was hanging down from the back of Kenya's outfit?

I didn't notice it when I watched last night so I pulled up a YouTube video of her performance.  It looks like she had some of that black tape on the back of her leg.  I'm seen it on athletes, especially runners, and I think it's probably supposed to help with injured or sore muscles.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Disney week.  It seemed to bring out the best in everyone. I loved seeing how the pros fit the Mickey dance challenge into their routines.

Can't comment much on the dresses since most were costumes.  I liked Carrie Ann's dress the second night (but not her gray-ish hair).  It was good to see Cheryl and Cody back in the ballroom.

Hi all!

jackiel3290 ~ sorry I can't help. I haven't a clue on how to do that.

CruisinCrow ~ it was a good show, just didn't like it took 2 nights! I've been liking Carrie Ann's dresses, at least the part we see of them.

I was glad of whom went home this week. I don't think it was a good idea to have a couple as partners.

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 7:12 PM, retiring soon said:

I was glad of whom went home this week. I don't think it was a good idea to have a couple as partners.

Agreed.  Sharna is an amazing coach but I think it would be really difficult to coach your boyfriend.  And the judges were right - they spent too much time making about it them.

3 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

I didn't get to watch the end of the show so just learned who went home.

I'll be away from October 30 'til Nov 13, cruising on Carnival Horizon BTB, so will miss a couple of shows.

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Have a great time!

It was another good episode.  Not many cruise-worthy outfits but some great dances.  Suni Lee's red dress with the wide straps was the only dress I could see someone wearing on formal night.  Tyra looked as pretty as I've seen her.  Her hair and makeup flattered her this week.  I even thought her first dress was ok, if a bit mummy-ish.  (Her second dress, not so much.)  I can't remember a thing about Carrie Ann's dress because I was so distracted by her spider braids. 🙂 

I loved Jimmie Allen's and Iman's dances.  Iman has been a total surprise.  It's getting hard now because everyone who is left wants it so much and is working so hard.  I don't see a clear-cut winner yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess everyone stopped watching. 🙂

At the beginning of the season, I never would have guessed who would end up in the finale.  I would say 3 of the 4 deserved to be there...  Iman was a complete surprise and I really enjoyed him.  I thought Suni Lee and Olivia (even The Miz) were better than Cody, but you never know who people are going to vote for.

It was nice seeing Julianne although I didn't recognize her at first.  Her dress and Carrie Ann's dress would both have been nice for formal night on a cruise, from what I could see.  Everyone looked great for the finale.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Did you see that Maks was in Ukraine when the invasion started and got stuck there?  I just heard this morning that he was able to get a train to Poland.  Peta must be frantic to have him back home.  Thinking of all the Ukrainian crew on the ships right now and their families.

• Like 1